Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
You might also look at returning the exhaust to stock as VX's with non stock exhausts seem to wear out the $300 o2 sensor a lot faster then normal.
If you can post photos you might start a new thread and post some under hood photos and photos of any other part of the car that is in question.
Know if there are any aftermarket o2 sensors? engine pulsing at idle and throwing o2 sensor codes, don't really have the budget for 300$.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Denso 234 5052 O2 Oxygen Air Fuel Ratio Sensor Honda Acura 5 Wire 02 Sensor | eBay

is the same sensor as my brother just bought for his VX and even tho it's sold in a Denso brand parts box, the o2 sensor is an NTK brand part because the civic VX is pretty much the only car that takes that exact sensor.

Walker O2 Oxygen Sensor Pre 92 95 Honda Civic VX 1 5L | eBay

is half the price and they say it's the right part but I suspect it's not going to be an NTK made part so you have to figure out if you want to risk having to buy a 2nd one if this half price one fails.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
Denso 234 5052 O2 Oxygen Air Fuel Ratio Sensor Honda Acura 5 Wire 02 Sensor | eBay

is the same sensor as my brother just bought for his VX and even tho it's sold in a Denso brand parts box, the o2 sensor is an NTK brand part because the civic VX is pretty much the only car that takes that exact sensor.

Walker O2 Oxygen Sensor Pre 92 95 Honda Civic VX 1 5L | eBay

is half the price and they say it's the right part but I suspect it's not going to be an NTK made part so you have to figure out if you want to risk having to buy a 2nd one if this half price one fails.
ouch, got to buy 2 as well ><

Reply  Post New Thread