Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2017, 02:25 PM   #201 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JockoT View Post
2016 has seen a record surge in atmospheric CO2, to a level not seen in 800,000 years. The implications of these new atmospheric measurements for the targets agreed under the Paris climate pact, are quite negative, say observers.

Record surge in atmospheric CO2 seen in 2016 - BBC News
However, it resonates with another post I just made. That BBC news article outlines some of the problems facing those who want to control the global warming effects.

Weather patterns affected the sinks that take up CO2.

There seems to be a feedback between methane and the temperature in the tropics and sub tropics. Though short lived, methane is up to 25 times more damaging as a green house gas.

There is an admitted increase of 40% in radiative forcing from all affecting green house gasses in the period under scrutiny.

But, the conclusion of the piece is that we must stop emitting CO2.

That is a very simpleton conclusion considering the scope of the problem.

And, the Paris Agreement does not offer solutions, only restrictions.

If I am hungry and plant a garden to feed myself, I will probably not comply if you come along and tell me to desist because it is detrimental to the rest of the neighborhood. I'll eat first and worry about the neighborhood later.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-30-2017, 02:29 PM   #202 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,527 Times in 2,801 Posts
I have lived on the coast.
I hated it.

The planet has been warming for the last 10,000 years.
Who doubts the plant is warming?
Old 10-30-2017, 03:20 PM   #203 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

beastie - '89 toyota hilux dolphin motorhome

Puggie - '98 Peugeot 406 Lx
Rusty lug nut you are so right. There are now speices of fish found off south of england coast that have been there before. Also the nuclear power station on north coast of south penisula has actully warmed sea tempertures by 2c. As for solar power why are new houses not constructed with solar panels. Easier to build then retofit. So instead of building solar farms on greenland why dont they install on all buildings. Go to turkey and everyones hot water comes from solar power. Food for thought.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:29 PM   #204 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

All That Jazz - '06 Honda Jazz i-DSI S
Team Honda
90 day: 48.72 mpg (US)
They just had to rescue a Pacific Blue Fin Tuna, off a Hebridean island, that had got into a salmon cage.
Giant tuna causes 'frenzy' at Colonsay salmon farm - BBC News

Old 10-30-2017, 03:30 PM   #205 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

SUV

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai

SUV
A solar install costs thousands upon thousands of dollars, them you have a higher service fee for having solar panels in some areas. Inverters typically last 8 to 12 years and they burn out and cost a few thousand to replace.
People would rather have a larger home with out solar panels than a smaller home with panels.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:07 PM   #206 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Oul pan in uk excess electric you produce on your house you can sell to national grid. Was about 12p a unit but think its lower now. So your electric bill is reduced so they say it repays purchaseand installtion in less than 7 years installtion plus it costs in less than 7 years plus its abig selling point when you sell house.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:08 PM   #207 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Sorry about last post i did it on phone and only see two lines. Errors amitted to.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:33 PM   #208 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Mr. Corolla - '02 Toyota Corolla CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
Though I may differ with Oil Pan 4 about global warming, I agree with him that much of it is hysteria. It is very evident the planet is warming. 97% of scientists agree with this. What they don't tell you is how many of these same scientists disagree as to the "why" of global warming.

The Paris agreement seeks to lock the world's industrial societies into a multi-trillion dollar (euro ) solution to stop global warming when it ignores many other inputs into the equation.

I have mentioned in other posts how the oceans act as a tremendous buffer to absorb CO2 and sequester it. The Cliffs of Dover are a testament to some of that ability. We always look to the terrestrial forests and forget the fecund biosphere that resides in the first few meters of the oceans as well as on it's floor. Many areas of our oceans are not healthy. The Paris Agreement ignores this man made input. We may do better to study our effects on oceans and their ability to absorb CO2.

The Paris Agreement also ignores Albedo. Our cities and towns change the environment around them by the simple fact our constructs absorb the sun's output and turn it into heat, for the most part. Our farming and forestry practices, though often seen as insignificant to our warming trend, have impactful effects on albedo. We should study these effects more thoroughly.

There are more areas that need study and are getting far less funding and scrutiny because they are not directly CO2 related.

We just may concentrate on industrial and transportation cuts in CO2 and find out it was only a small part of the equation and we have doomed ourselves and following generations to a financial burden that we needed not have carried.
Recent study showed that the rainforests have atrophied to the point that many of them are not a buffer against CO2 anymore. In fact, they are increasing their CO2 output as they shrink.

The devil is in the north. The warming temperatures are releasing methane from the tundra, which will be inflating temperatures by at least 1 degree Celsius every century (the CO2 warming studies aren't even accounting for this). The population is increasing... without control measures, it will continue to grow. Look at the USA: its population continues to burgeon by 10% decade over decade. By end of the century we'll have over 600 million people here, all enjoying high living standards. And all those people will be creating CO2... know how many full grown trees it takes to supply a human with enough oxygen for a year? 400.

You say experts disagree? Numbers dude... what are the statistics of these people and what are their comparative reputations? Actually, you just admitted that you're not informed on the subject and can't debate it. So be quiet, eh?

I'm not going to demand that you believe we're flooding the world... that's pointless if you're controlled by motivated thinking... but you are gonna have to fork over tax dollars to get the west subsidized into electric vehicles or hydrogen or something. That my friends and I do require of you. And if we don't, the Chinese and Indonesians will because they will have nothing but the hills left if we continue down this self-destructive path (don't try to say that's "thousands of years" off... I've seen the maps... it's hundreds at the latest).
Old 10-30-2017, 07:48 PM   #209 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Three os plan to plant a thousand new trees every year on top of normal replacement. That wont work here as wind is too stron. Just scurb and grass. Done my bit by planting to 30ft hedges. Not much but if every one did same then maybe co2 would not be issue it is today. Chance to replace missing forests in uk.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:56 PM   #210 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

SUV

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai

SUV
I have a few hundred trees on my land. I plan on planting up to a few thousand possibly.
Talking about it is what amateurs do, planning how to do it is what professionals do.
The difference between me and most of the man made global warming belivers is I do stuff most of you can only talk about.

Last edited by oil pan 4; 10-30-2017 at 11:12 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
hho, hho boosters, hydrogen, hydroxy