Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2014, 12:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
A madman

Pequod - '17 Subaru Outback
90 day: 22.79 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to brucey
I'd say you're lucky to be alive! Woah, that video is terrifying for a busted tail light.

You should describe your DVR set up in another post. It's something I've been planning on doing for some time now.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-05-2014, 12:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Drive less save more

Dusty - '98 VOLKSWAGEN Beetle TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 60.42 mpg (US)
I let the video sit unitterupted then it plays through, I think the problem comes from clicking on the video..

Back to topic -

Your cam just payed for itself 10 fold - lets see the lawyers argue that ,with any success.
I (always) run into those speeding packs of cars ,encroaching from the rear at a high rate of speed like a heard of senseless buffalo.

Good thing you were only nicked, being propelled into something solid would not of be so forgiven.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ecomodded For This Useful Post:
deejaaa (05-05-2014), user removed (05-05-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaaa View Post
i didn't read the early comments but, if this would have been you, i know you would think diff.
there was no excuse for his actions. i tried taking screen shots and enhancing them to see anything but it didn't. his arm is hanging out the whole time so at least he wasn't texting. maybe watching a movie?
thanks for the kind words guys. it is diff being on the road now. seems like they are all too close now!
My guess would be eating and driving with his leg. My dad does this all the time when he drives and he drives with his leg. But he doesn't do it in that dense of traffic. With that being said, my dad never goes over 70, and even when he is doing 70, there is nobody in front of him. Dad has been Class A driving for 24 years and doesn't have a single accident that was his fault.

It's obvious that the driver that hit you has either hit people before and ran, or hit objects, the impact required to rip that front bumper off like his right side was is not light. I have a female driver that I check in at work and she recently T-Boned someone at 45 that ran a red light, and all she got on her bumper was a scratch (Tis but a scratch!). To rip the bumper off entirely it was NOT a light hit.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Grey Goose (Retired) - '89 Geo Metro LSI 4 door hatch back
Last 3: 57.16 mpg (US)

Tweety - '91 Geo Metro Convertible -2 Door convertible LSI
Team Metro
90 day: 43.97 mpg (US)

Shadow - '02 Honda Shadow VT1100
90 day: 43.46 mpg (US)

Sonic - '07 Honda CBR1000RR
90 day: 42.69 mpg (US)

Filmore - '84 Volkswagen Vanagon
90 day: 20.9 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
There's really no need to get nasty. I'm discussing his incident with him. There's no trolling in it. Yeesh. Unsubscribe.
Since your words weren't meant to incite argument or flame the never ending argument of "right lane driving" I offer an apology for misunderstanding your intent and my reply was not intended to be as nasty as you took it. I was merely pointing out the insensitivity and unnecessary attack I gleaned from reading your reply. Generally a "but' in a sentence complete destroys the previous words and kindness offered and I took this to be the case.

Isn't communicating on the internet grand? Always so clear and concise.
Peace California98Civic?

Thanks to Old Mechanic for clarifying the intent of his words.
The Following User Says Thank You to doviatt For This Useful Post:
deejaaa (05-05-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomodded View Post
I let the video sit unitterupted then it plays through, I think the problem comes from clicking on the video..

Back to topic -

Your cam just payed for itself 10 fold - lets see the lawyers argue that ,with any success.
I (always) run into those speeding packs of cars ,encroaching from the rear at a high rate of speed like a heard of senseless buffalo.

Good thing you were only nicked, being propelled into something solid would not of be so forgiven.
The scary ones are those who run right up on your rear end and switch lanes at the last second with less than a yardstick of distance between you and the car they cut off in the left lane. No margin for error extreme stupidity. I rode my bike to meet the wife for lunch today. Coming back home at the last left turn 200 feet from my driveway, a kid in a heap with 30 day tags (new purchase) passes me just before I make the left turn. I would have turned right in front of him passing me if I had not heard his engine rev as he passed.
It could have been a nasty mess for me.

regards Mech
Old 05-05-2014, 08:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Interesting..... So he drifted off the road, hit you, then crossed the medium to another road. Think he ment to be there or was trying to avoid a hit n run? Looks like hes done that a few times too. I saw a trucker PIT a guy and then took a hard right to exit the road while the guy was in the left shoulder facing on coming traffic.

Cant help but notice a few cars pass. What was your speed in relation to the traffic?
Old 05-05-2014, 09:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
Too busy for gas stations

Turtle - '92 Honda Civic Vx
Team Honda
90 day: 67.09 mpg (US)

Rolla - '10 Toyota Corolla Le

Beast - '91 Chevy V2500

Bus - '01 VW Eurovan MV

Speed - '93 Harley bored and storked Harley w/ turbo/ nitrous
90 day: 53.09 mpg (US)

Cal - '68 Ford Mustang GT/CS
His truck was beat up before. I hope his insurance was up to date. Hire a lawyer, with that damage (and his reaction), this isn't the first time, and he needs to pay to the point that no one will cover him again. The video will play out well with a jury should it go that far.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
Not banned yet

Blue - '03 Chevy S-10, LS
Thanks for your support and stories. My wife told me when I got home today she wouldn't know what to do without me. Guess it finally sunk in that it really happened and could have been a lot worse.
I only replaced the lens so I could drive it to work.
I was going 60 mph. Speed limit is 65.
I will be calling insurance tomorrow. Not able to call from work, gets too busy at times.
I can't be sure what he was thinking, just guess. When I noticed him, he was right on my tail, didn't have time to react. If I had pulled onto the shoulder, he would have either dead-on rear ended me or side swiped me. In the video, it looks like he accelerated a few feet from me. I hate to think he was reacting and hit the wrong pedal.
I am constantly looking now and also notice the ones who make a last second lane change.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaaa View Post
Thanks for your support and stories. My wife told me when I got home today she wouldn't know what to do without me. Guess it finally sunk in that it really happened and could have been a lot worse.
I only replaced the lens so I could drive it to work.
I was going 60 mph. Speed limit is 65.
I will be calling insurance tomorrow. Not able to call from work, gets too busy at times.
I can't be sure what he was thinking, just guess. When I noticed him, he was right on my tail, didn't have time to react. If I had pulled onto the shoulder, he would have either dead-on rear ended me or side swiped me. In the video, it looks like he accelerated a few feet from me. I hate to think he was reacting and hit the wrong pedal.
I am constantly looking now and also notice the ones who make a last second lane change.
If you want my advice, you should be 100% sure you don't have pain ANYWHERE, if you have pain absolutely anywhere make sure you report it, if you don't, make up a pain somewhere (back is best bet) so you will get a little money because something may be messed up in the future, and your going to want to not have to pay for it. The car accident I was in really messed up my back, I hope it's not permanent but I have a feeling it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to Baltothewolf For This Useful Post:
deejaaa (05-06-2014)
Old 05-06-2014, 12:33 AM   #30 (permalink)
Not banned yet

Blue - '03 Chevy S-10, LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
If you want my advice, you should be 100% sure you don't have pain ANYWHERE, if you have pain absolutely anywhere make sure you report it, if you don't, make up a pain somewhere (back is best bet) so you will get a little money because something may be messed up in the future, and your going to want to not have to pay for it. The car accident I was in really messed up my back, I hope it's not permanent but I have a feeling it is.
I understand. I will be talking to insurance tomorrow and will tell them all the information.

Reply  Post New Thread