Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 05:35 AM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Q Sold - '02 Infiniti Q45 Sport
90 day: 23.08 mpg (US)

blackie - '14 nissan altima sv
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Unless you are working on turbodiesels. With diesels most things that boost engine power will boost fuel economy too.
with talk like that.....I may have to go find a jetta tdi!!!!!!!

ECO MODS PERFORMED:
First: ScangaugeII
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...eii-23306.html

Second: Grille Block
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...e-10912-2.html

Third: Full underbelly pan
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...q45-11402.html

Fourth: rear skirts and 30.4mpg on trip!
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post247938
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Unless you are working on turbodiesels. With diesels most things that boost engine power will boost fuel economy too.
There are a few exceptions to this. Larger injectors, the most common power modification will not necessarily improve economy. The common wisdom on injector mods for fuel economy is to increase the injection pressure and shorten the injection event. Mods for power typically just extend the duration of the injection event.

Also, most people modding for power remove the EGR, and for VWs that has not been shown to improve economy.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Leaf - '11 Nissan Leaf SL

Tesla - '19 Tesla Model 3 SR

BMW - '14 BMW i3 REX

TSLA - '13 Tesla Model S 85
I'm not at all interested in HHO, but I came across this thread about HHO and not one post about it, just posts about using search to find info about HHO. A quick search finds plenty of other threads talking about using search to find the information you want. Somehow the angrier the posters get about using search the harder it becomes to use search and the more you find posts telling you to use search. I find this humorous.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #34 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

really, come on. It not our job to reintroduce and re-explain a 'dead horse'.
But here is an example:
Had you been new and said exactly that as your first post, then i and maybe some others would have directed you to the correct links.
You have really proven my point about lazy noobies.

ECO MODS PERFORMED:

Old 06-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #35 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,522 Times in 2,796 Posts
The few creditable HHO tests I have found showed no gain in fuel economy or slight losses in fuel economy.
So much for the 20%, 30%, 50% claims from the HHO websites trying to sell you something.
IF it worked as advertised don't you think the OEM would have picked it up by now?
Do you think if HHO worked and delivered a 20% increase in fuel milage the OEMs would be spending billions of dollars developing electric hybrid technology and putting thousands of dollars worth of hybrid tech on these cars if these $100 magic HHO machines really worked?
The Following User Says Thank You to oil pan 4 For This Useful Post:
autotech (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 01:24 AM   #36 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
The few creditable HHO tests I have found showed no gain in fuel economy or slight losses in fuel economy.
So much for the 20%, 30%, 50% claims from the HHO websites trying to sell you something.
IF it worked as advertised don't you think the OEM would have picked it up by now?
Do you think if HHO worked and delivered a 20% increase in fuel milage the OEMs would be spending billions of dollars developing electric hybrid technology and putting thousands of dollars worth of hybrid tech on these cars if these $100 magic HHO machines really worked?
Seems obvious enough. MPG sells cars these days.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #37 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

We've been using HHO for years now we've gain about 20% mpg on just about any car/truck we've tested on. (2006 h3 hummer,2002 5.4 f150,2002 grand am gt,97 dodge 1500 360, 2009 galant v-6) just to name a few. The galant we just took to pa and back to wi 22oo round trip. 3 people in car plus luggage with out hho 25.8 mpg brought my son back and his stuff packed in so now a total of 4 people we got 32.3 mpg. This is driving a few miles over the speed limit no ***** footing the gas. I will say this probably 95% of people selling hho units or even people making them don't make them correct. There is alot to understand with plate size plate gap the amount of plates, you need your voltage drop per plate gap under 2 volts when car/truck is running otherwise it will work and you will be with the guy eating his cake a post or so up. This is really unfortunate. These should be placed on all cars/trucks right from factory, unfortunately they are in bed with the oil companies. It would be no different than filling your windshield washer fluid to keep one of these working.
Also HHO torches are nothing compared to any other fuel using it in my hvac profession brazing soldering is done in 1/4 of the time.
People say it takes x amount of energy to make but they dont realize al the energy lost making gas for their cars/trucks ( remember its trucked in and pumped into a tank before you even get it in you own tank) The amount of energy wasted on fossil fuels from start to its put into your gas tank is crazy.
as far as HHO and solar we've even build a unit with such low amp draw we can make a torch with a small solar panel now thats free energy.
We can take that same torch into water thats right into water a burning flame in water and heat the water up boiling.
we are in now way affiliated with hho4free website but there is plenty of good info there.
Anyway if you have any questions you can email us at hhomakers@yahoo.com we can help you.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #38 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,522 Times in 2,796 Posts
The only thing we need help with is finding a creditable authority who will back up these 20% and higher fuel economy gains.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #39 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Im sorry i wasnt being rude with my before sayings.

i understand that and it seems the ones they do it is on the jar ones from water4gas that never worked lol no surface area to make any sort of hho. If i had the money I would but I can hardly afford food on the table anymore lol
I do have a new unit i made its a drycell but it is without the plex glass bolts gaskets, ive found material that holds up i molded them but i cant sell it i cant afford a patten so here it sits just like many people with ideas.

the auto industry is making it harder to even use hho as they make their electronics for the fuel system more difficult to trick and thats also with anything to help boost fuel or power, its not like the old days of a 4 barrel manifold swap to a holly carb, bigger cam.

its kinda funny from autos to government they seem to do what they want and dont care what the majority of the people want.

government says we will move from fuel to electric cars thats what they fund so thats what we get .. :-(
Old 07-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #40 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhomakers View Post
its kinda funny from autos to government they seem to do what they want and dont care what the majority of the people want.

government says we will move from fuel to electric cars thats what they fund so thats what we get .. :-(
I'm sorry but you now have lost more credibility with that statement.
Pray tell.....what do 'the majority' of people want????????

According to some europeans that post here, all we build is what people want....big cars and trucks!!!
Yeah, the governemt (obama) wanted to puish the volt......but they stopped production because sales where so pathetic.

Less than 1% of all autos produced are electric.

ECO MODS PERFORMED:

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
alternative fuel, hho, hydrogen