Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #101 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Yeah, I suppose. It might be better than obsessing over pro sports all day, every day, year in, year out...

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Lee For This Useful Post:
IamIan (02-09-2012)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #102 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

With a dyno ?

Would you be so kind as to put the before and after dyno chart up ? Its easy, click on Manage Attachments and put your saved copy up. You see in all the years Ive be listening to HHO claims, Ive never seen a before and after dyno chart. Included in this chart, state clearly what changes you made to the other settings of the motor ie: timing & AFR.
and finally, to prove that the claim of 14hp irrefutable, show the 14hp gain after timing & AFR changes have been made, then, whilst the dyno is still running, turn off the HHO, leave the other changes alone and show a 14hp drop. Then and only then, will your claim of more HP & torque be taken seriously.... without this hard copy, a drunk makes more sense.
Oh and one more thing, this 'magnet generator'.... your surgesting you have perpetual motion ? ...
In Australia, the Society of Sceptics has a $100,000 reward to anyone who can produce perpetual motion, zero point generators, magnet motors, magnet generators, HHO, cold fusion seems to be the latest, or anything else that can produce more power than it uses. So when your ready, there's a cheque for $100,000 waiting for you.
It's easy cameron318iS, just post the dyno charts.... and surely with a discovery like yours you would have these.
I'm not putting you down, I'm not mocking you, I want to believe your claims are true.
............... I'm (and every one else at ecomodders) are all ears .................
Old 02-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #103 (permalink)
A Legend in his Own Mind

Quote:
Engine can not pull 5500 liters of air per minute if the air intake is only capable of 1350cfm,
I assume you are joking.

Quote:
If I wanted to hear to broke ***** douche bag post such pessimistic things on what I have to say I'd go back to bimmerforums.
I sense that we somehow got off on the wrong foot, here. I presented helpful information that can be verified by any chemistry text, and even suggested that you could check on Wikipedia, in case you don't have a chemistry text at hand. As it happens, I was a chem eng major, so fear not, the Wikipedia info is correct, in this case.

I'd guess your immediate jump to profanity and insults might be because your anti-science ideas have not been routinely accepted. (Perhaps the Bimmer people were unkind?) That is why I suggested Peswiki and Keelynet, where there is little respect for science and a lot of appreciation for magic. My intent was to be helpful.

Perhaps you did not notice, but this is the "Unicorn Corral." It is a place to discuss things that are viewed as fairy tales by those who appreciate science. In light of that, I think you will find my suggestion to go where your ideas are better appreciated not to be "pessimistic" as you wrote, but helpful.

Glad we could patch up that little rough spot.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #104 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

dYNO CHARTS

cameron318iS says:
"I don't see your ph.D anywhere, you just get all your info off the internet, which happens to be the least accepted source of information in the eyes of society. You should try testing it yourself given the cost of materials."
Lets get a few things clear. No, i don't have a ph.D... No, I dont get my info off the internet, and No, I don't need to test it, you do, your the one making these outragous claims.... all I asked for is for you to produce a simple dyno chart to back up your claims. I mean you've stated the youve had the car on the dyno, so it stands to reason you'd have the print outs.... so instead of trying to quite unsuccesfully rubbish your skeptics, why don't you publish your claims of more HP & torque and better FE instead sounding like a blow artist.
I don't need to test HHO, I don't think it works... what your doing is the same as coming out and claiming you have a cure for cancer, or a cure for the common cold, and making these claims without a shread laboritory testing.
So come on dude.... DYNO CHARTS- DYNO CHARTS- DYNO CHARTS- DYNO CHARTS- DYNO CHARTS- DYNO CHARTS- DYNO CHARTS- DYNO CHARTS .......
How long should i sit here and wait ?
Old 02-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #105 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
I can make Gold out of Lead.

regards
Mech
Old 02-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #106 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

CRX HF - '91 Honda CRX HF
Team Honda
90 day: 68.45 mpg (US)
I know I have no proof, I'm really just throwing this out there to get my post count up... I have a 2001 Triumph TT600 motorcycle with the TuneBoy engine management program on my laptop to monitor, make custom maps, etc. A few years ago, my friend and I made a 1 Gallon HHO generator just to see what it did to my bike with the TuneBoy running. Well, long story short, it really made a difference in the fuel economy at idle. The injectors were pulsing about 1/8th the normal rate while maintaining the same idle speed. We kept upping the output by dumping more lye in the mix until eventually it melted the o-ring on the output hose and exploded everywhere! I think it would really help MPG if you could make a reliable unit with consistent mixtures.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #107 (permalink)
A Legend in his Own Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
I can make Gold out of Lead.

regards
Mech
I have a 1 quart jar full of sunshine that can be used to generate current from any PV panel. It has been working for a long time, and as far as I can tell, the sunshine will stay in the jar forever, (as long as you don't take the cap off) producing unlimited power.

Wanna trade for 2 lbs of your gold?
Old 02-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #108 (permalink)
mostly harmless

Herman - '06 Chevrolet HHR 2LT
90 day: 28.89 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Fry View Post
I have a 1 quart jar full of sunshine that can be used to generate current from any PV panel. It has been working for a long time, and as far as I can tell, the sunshine will stay in the jar forever, (as long as you don't take the cap off) producing unlimited power.

Wanna trade for 2 lbs of your gold?

Ooh. Wait a minute there... what time of the year was that sunshine collected, and was it gathered by a virgin?
Gotta be careful with that stuff. Mess it up and *real* bad stuff can happen.

Also, referring to Fastegg's post... there *must* be a disinterested party involved in getting those readings. If the source for all the data is solely the party making the claim, then it should be taken with a huge grain of salt.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #109 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
LOL, I was thinking about my older brother who bought a 55 gallon drum of used wheel weights for reloading. I figured it was something like 150,000 30 cal. 150 grain bullets. They ripped the flanges off the drum trying to get it out of his truck, finally welded tabs on it to get it out, think it weighed 3300 pounds. Scrap value today would probably get him a couple of ounces of gold these days.

regards
Mech
Old 02-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #110 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

IsaacMTSU

I'm very familiar with the TuneBoy... what i don't get is what's the TuneBoy got to do with the equation ? and where did the HHO go in ? how did the TuneBoy know HHO was going in ?
.... If your bike has an O2 sensor i could see your point.... A small 600cc motor idling, the O2 sensor has picked up 'something 'that was changing the mixture at idle..... Without being rude, So what ?
Like I said to cameron318iS.... DYNO CHARTS....... DYNO CHARTS......

PS: TuneBoy is a good device yes ?... my SV has a Power Commander.... I think the TuneBoy is better...

Reply  Post New Thread