Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2021, 11:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Performance-wise, how does it compare to what you used to drive before?
Well - It's getting me quite a bit further than what I had previously, the acceleration is also noticeable. (I used to ride my bike everywhere, previously - I'm living in Copenhagen).

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-02-2021, 01:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehpoulsen View Post
I used to ride my bike everywhere, previously
I used to do it regularly when I was a teen. Didn't try it when I moved back to my hometown because my neighborhood is quite hilly. But anyway, didn't you even drive before getting your Fiat?
Old 07-04-2021, 02:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
I used to do it regularly when I was a teen. Didn't try it when I moved back to my hometown because my neighborhood is quite hilly. But anyway, didn't you even drive before getting your Fiat?
I did - but I didn't own a car.
Old 07-04-2021, 02:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Quote:
I did - but I didn't own a car.
Driving other people's cars or whatever rental is available may provide a good baseline to compare aspects such as performance, comfort and efficiency. So, how would you rate your Fiat compared to ICE-powered models within its same class?
Old 07-04-2021, 11:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Driving other people's cars or whatever rental is available may provide a good baseline to compare aspects such as performance, comfort and efficiency. So, how would you rate your Fiat compared to ICE-powered models within its same class?
I normally "rented/shared" the BMW I3 - I don't know if ShareNow (previously DriveNow) is available in your county/city, however, it's a car-sharing concept.

It's been 10+ years since I used to drive my parents' car, an "ICE-powered" model.

But in terms of performance, I believe the I3 is more fun, while my Fiat is more convenient while living in the city.
Old 07-05-2021, 12:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Quote:
I normally "rented/shared" the BMW I3 - I don't know if ShareNow (previously DriveNow) is available in your county/city, however, it's a car-sharing concept.
Car-sharing is not so usual in my country, but once I saw a BMW i3 with some advertising for a car-sharing service which I don't remember the name.

Quote:
But in terms of performance, I believe the I3 is more fun, while my Fiat is more convenient while living in the city.
Needless to say not having to change gears or step on a clutch pedal is quite convenient in the city.
Old 07-05-2021, 01:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Needless to say not having to change gears or step on a clutch pedal is quite convenient in the city.
100% - also, living right in the city center sometimes makes it a living hell to drive, but with a small car like my Fiat, it's actually easy to get around and find parking.
Old 07-05-2021, 07:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Quote:
living right in the city center sometimes makes it a living hell to drive
I can totally relate to that. The only relatively big city in Brazil where it was not so unpleasant to drive in the city center I know is Pelotas, 300km away from my hometown Porto Alegre.

Quote:
with a small car like my Fiat, it's actually easy to get around and find parking.
Not having a parking spot in the building, an EV would be out of question for me, but I have considered getting a 125cc motorcycle because it could fit inside the apartment
Old 07-05-2021, 11:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Not having a parking spot in the building, an EV would be out of question for me, but I have considered getting a 125cc motorcycle because it could fit inside the apartment
Actually - there's a startup that allows you to "rent" your neighbors charging station. I can't remember the name, but they see themselves as the Airbnb of charging stations

Actually - I was considering getting a Vespa, but the weather in Denmark is too unstable to justify an MC.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Quote:
Actually - there's a startup that allows you to "rent" your neighbors charging station. I can't remember the name, but they see themselves as the Airbnb of charging stations
EV charging infrastructure in Brazil is not so widespread, and mostly accessible during limited hours. And some are not compatible to all EVs.

Quote:
I was considering getting a Vespa, but the weather in Denmark is too unstable to justify an MC.
Weather would eventually be an issue for me too, but nowadays the reason why I won't consider a motorcycle not even if my knees eventually get better is that I got a dog. Well, had it not been for the lack of a parking spot, a sidecar could be OK to haul the dog. But anyway, is the summer there in Denmark actually too hot?

Reply  Post New Thread