Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2016, 04:10 PM   #71 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Rusty Lugs.....when are you going to stop spouting crap and talk numbers???? Volumes, flowrates, currents, power, energy needed to electrolyze the water....Show us how the HHO can be generated onboard the vehicle economically enough, and improve the efficiency enough to make any kind of efficiency gains.

Quit talking around this with stupid bits and pieces of data that happen to favor your point of view but completely neglect the big picture.

I'm seriously starting to wonder about what, if anything you really know.

Numbers Rusty.......Not the random unverifiable stuff from your last few posts.

Numbers.

Or are you just completely full of crap and still think you can bamboozle us here?

Numbers.

You have yet to even verify what the 230 cc number you used is based on per unit of time. (God help you if you say that it is per second)(That would be fricken miraculous) And you have yet to say where the 10 amps was read from.
What is the AFR of this 22HP engine? Is it running just normal gasoline? Show us how it using 10 amps at 14 volts will create 230CC per ? of HHO.

You just mentioned a Daihatsu CB90 engine....was the CB90 alternator running to produce the HHO it was consuming? Was it able to drive down the road at 28:1 or did it just sit there idling?

The Following User Says Thank You to ChazInMT For This Useful Post:
t vago (07-14-2016)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-14-2016, 04:54 PM   #72 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The numbers that matter you don't understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
Rusty Lugs.....when are you going to stop spouting crap and talk numbers???? Volumes, flowrates, currents, power, energy needed to electrolyze the water....Show us how the HHO can be generated onboard the vehicle economically enough, and improve the efficiency enough to make any kind of efficiency gains.

Quit talking around this with stupid bits and pieces of data that happen to favor your point of view but completely neglect the big picture.

I'm seriously starting to wonder about what, if anything you really know.

Numbers Rusty.......Not the random unverifiable stuff from your last few posts.

Numbers.

Or are you just completely full of crap and still think you can bamboozle us here?

Numbers.

You have yet to even verify what the 230 cc number you used is based on per unit of time. (God help you if you say that it is per second)(That would be fricken miraculous) And you have yet to say where the 10 amps was read from.
What is the AFR of this 22HP engine? Is it running just normal gasoline? Show us how it using 10 amps at 14 volts will create 230CC per ? of HHO.

You just mentioned a Daihatsu CB90 engine....was the CB90 alternator running to produce the HHO it was consuming? Was it able to drive down the road at 28:1 or did it just sit there idling?
You already called me an idiot for not knowing that gasoline is a hydrocarbon and that it is full of hydrogen. I tell you that thermo-chemically I can add a few fraction of a percent of an ingredient like HHO and form reactive radicals before ignition start which then releases a BUNCH of hydrogen from the fuel to continue the combustion down a path that mirrors the classical combustion of hydrogen at 4% and greater. The amount of HHO varies greatly!

So, you want numbers? You can't do basic chemistry and physics? That was 230 cc per minute. Come Chaz, go to Coulombs. You know what a Coulomb is, right? Multiply that by 60 to get your total charge in a minute from one amp. Each charge will release one proton. Of course multiply it by 10 for the 10 amperes we measured coming out of the alternator/battery. But, since we have 4 cells in series we can multiply that by 4. Now divide by two for the formation of the diatomic molecule. This gives you your means to extrapolate the volume of H2. The other third is the oxygen. The rest is the unavoidable steam since I run engine coolant through the electrolysis tube to reduce my over voltage by a significant amount that way. I really do not end up using 140 watts. Yes, there is a current limiting controller. The electrolyte runs at 80C. The engine ran at an AFR of 28:1 as was the limit of the Innovate wide band O2 sensor. It used unleaded gasoline.

And yes, the CB90 engine produced about 8 hp at 1800 RPM. Cars such as the Urba Centurion only need that much to travel at 45 mph. It ran on it's own alternator power. It was on a roller dyno though the operators admitted it was outside the range they usually can call certain as the lowest calibration they normally do was about 20 hp. There was a load, and it produced it's own alternator power.

And no, I am not at liberties to give you every little detail as I am under an NDA. I have asked to discuss the gasoline portion of our work as we have left that alone and continue work with diesel applications. And, to answer your question - no it is not an HHO generator. I've already said in another thread that HHO generators have marketability issues as well as severe limitations.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:06 PM   #73 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

How about a little bet?

Let's put up or shut up?

Anyone who thinks RustyLugNut is absolutely bonkers and cannot produce enough HHO to economically affect an engine using alternator power, sign up down below in the thanks button area.

When work slows down this fall, I'll do my best to do a build that will be beyond what most Ecomodders can do , but should be understandable in principle.

If I produce even a single percent digit gain, all of you line up at next years Green Grand Prix and receive your Scarlet Letter of shame.

If I can't produce, I still have to show up since I plan to run our car there. I'll take the shame I'm due. I won't fail of course, but I'll make the offer anyways.

So how about it Chaz, T_Vago? Anyone else think they really know what they know?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RustyLugNut For This Useful Post:
iveyjh (07-14-2016), oil pan 4 (07-14-2016)
Old 07-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #74 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
Let's put up or shut up?

Anyone who thinks RustyLugNut is absolutely bonkers and cannot produce enough HHO to economically affect an engine using alternator power, sign up down below in the thanks button area.
I've got better things to do, than to inflate your low thanks count. Thanks, but no thanks.

Quote:
When work slows down this fall, I'll do my best to do a build that will be beyond what most Ecomodders can do , but should be understandable in principle.
I have BUILT an aerocap that shows better than 10% improvement in FE. I have INSTALLED aero wheel covers that show a better than 5% improvement in FE. I have INSTALLED an electrohydraulic power steering pump that shows better than 5% improvement in FE. I have INSTALLED a 6-speed manual transmission into a car that never came with one as a factory option, that shows about a 10% improvement in FE. I have INSTALLED a coolant-based air intake heater that shows better than 5% improvement in FE. All of this while holding down an unrelated job, supporting my family, raising 4 kids, and generally living life. I have DOCUMENTED fuel logs that show what I did.

I just knew your so-called "apology" was about worthless. it is you who has to put up or shut up. If you claim to be able to produce any sort of repeatable and measurable improvement in FE with your unicorn fart generator, then DO IT!

Last edited by t vago; 07-14-2016 at 05:28 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
ChazInMT (07-14-2016)
Old 07-14-2016, 07:31 PM   #75 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Each charge will release one proton.
Oh..OK Then. Didn't realize you were splitting atoms. That explains the huge gains.

The Following User Says Thank You to ChazInMT For This Useful Post:
Xist (07-20-2016)
Old 07-14-2016, 09:23 PM   #76 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,523 Times in 2,797 Posts
None of this hho talk sounds like it has an on road application.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:01 AM   #77 (permalink)
DieselMiser

Das Schlepper Frog - '85 Mercedes Benz 300SD
90 day: 23.23 mpg (US)

Gentoo320 - '04 Mercedes C320 4Matic
90 day: 22.44 mpg (US)
Again, can we unicorn corral this ?

The Following User Says Thank You to ConnClark For This Useful Post:
oil pan 4 (07-16-2016)
Old 07-15-2016, 02:59 AM   #78 (permalink)
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
I again spoke to my brother-in-law about hydrogen and he mentioned the destabilizing effect a fraction of hydrogen can have without me leading him to it.

I wish Rusty well and I would be delighted if it indeed works. And deeply surprised.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:
RustyLugNut (07-15-2016)
Old 07-15-2016, 02:22 PM   #79 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
Oh..OK Then. Didn't realize you were splitting atoms. That explains the huge gains.
What a stupid remark.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:25 PM   #80 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

No, it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
None of this hho talk sounds like it has an on road application.
Not in the way the HHO scammers are portraying it.

But, it can be a tool we can use in our efforts. It has value as that.

We have several members on here that have the tuning and fabrication capability to use this tool effectively. It has value.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread