Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #101 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

I thought people would be more mature on this forum. I've encountered the same slaming on other forums about the use of lpg on a diesel. All you slammers made your point, now can you let rusty get back to work and possibly make a difference? I personally think the work has promise without the onboard generation. I don't have to fabricate lpg with my 140 amp alternator. I just bring the empty to the tank next to my house and fill it up for $1.20 / gal. If that insight is such a clean burn, then don't bother with the tiny percentage possible. The work might benifit older less perfect burning cars and trucks that send fuel out the tailpipe. On the other hand, if the insight was that clean of a burn, then it wouldn't need a cat to meet the emissions standards. There is still potential improvement on any engine.

I would like to see constructive dialogue instead of a pissing contest. Just my $.02

The Following User Says Thank You to ctmaybury@yahoo.com For This Useful Post:
iveyjh (07-17-2016)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-17-2016, 09:12 PM   #102 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,553 Posts
Due to lean conditions, a lot of NOx is created when the insight is running lean, which is why it actually has two catalysts - one it built specifically to deal with nitrogen bonded with oxygen in the combustion chamber. Those who have turbos on this car and have removed the primary cat report no CEL.

Fun bit: when it was launched, it met (and greatly exceeded) the tightest emission standard available, SULEV (super ultra low emission vehicle) for the CVT without lean burn, and ULEV for the 5MT capable of lean burn.

Admittedly it's 16 year old technology now, but I find it a marvelous engine that can meet those emissions standards, deliver 100mpg during highway cruising, and often last half a million miles without cracking it open for any maintenance, burning gasoline no less.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:50 PM   #103 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmaybury@yahoo.com View Post
I thought people would be more mature on this forum. I've encountered the same slaming on other forums about the use of lpg on a diesel. All you slammers made your point, now can you let rusty get back to work and possibly make a difference?
Nobody is stopping anybody from making progress on their research/fab/testing IF THERE'S ANY TO BE MADE.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank Lee For This Useful Post:
gumby79 (07-18-2016), oil pan 4 (07-19-2016), RedDevil (07-18-2016), t vago (07-17-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 04:14 AM   #104 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

little jona - '91 Dodge D 250 first gen cummins LE
Team Streamliner
90 day: 23.4 mpg (US)

Little Jona airo modded - '91 Dodge RAM 3/4 TON D 250 2×4 AUTO
Pickups
Team Cummins

The Salted Hound Jenny. - '87 Dodge Ram 50/D-50 5sp 4X4
90 day: 20.24 mpg (US)

Jona Allison aero - '91 Dodge Ram D-250 Le
90 day: 20.76 mpg (US)
To all those concerned there's going to be a get together at Darko wind tunnel in Ogden Utah September 9th There's an opportunity to show off what you've got meet club members and shake hands and figure things out San Diego's not too far Rusty and my question stated in an earlier post what do you think of them Rusty just trying to get your thread back on track
Best mpg : 31.32mpg 100mi 3.193 USG 5/2/20

Former
'83 GMC S-15 Jimmy 2door 2wd O/D auto 3.73R&P
'79 Chevy K20 4X4 350ci 400hp msd custom th400 /np205. 7.5-new 14mpg modded befor modding was a thing
87' Hyundai Excel
83 ranger w/87 2.9 L FI2wd auto 18mpg on the floor
04 Mitsubishi Gallant 2.4L auto 26mpg
06 Subaru Forrester XT(WRX PACKAGE) MT AWD Turbocharged 18 plying dirty best of 26mpg@70mph
95Chevy Blazer 4x4 auto 14-18mpg
04 Chevy Blazer 4x4 auto 16-22mpg

Old 07-18-2016, 04:50 AM   #105 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

little jona - '91 Dodge D 250 first gen cummins LE
Team Streamliner
90 day: 23.4 mpg (US)

Little Jona airo modded - '91 Dodge RAM 3/4 TON D 250 2×4 AUTO
Pickups
Team Cummins

The Salted Hound Jenny. - '87 Dodge Ram 50/D-50 5sp 4X4
90 day: 20.24 mpg (US)

Jona Allison aero - '91 Dodge Ram D-250 Le
90 day: 20.76 mpg (US)
Brake throughs happen every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
Nobody is stopping anybody from making progress on their research/fab/testing IF THERE'S ANY TO BE MADE.
Just like electric and hybrid cars they took a brake through in technology to become a reality... from the sounds of it if a brake through in power generation occurred HHO would become a reality ... we have discussed at length alternative power generation hear.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ger-33630.html
This technology is cited to be in use in auto racing...

using a extra VGT turbo. How duse 500w of waste heat recovery into the HHO Reactor. I have posted about cutting edge 400,000 rpm capable 3phase AC motors /generator add an electric bike controller with regenerative braking use the VGT to improve the %of load on the motor also improving mpg from what I read hear.
With a proper controller the turbine speeds can be kept under 35,000 rpm increasing the potential W over 5kw of "free energy "to run HHO and a in driveline assist motor from otherwise lost heat.
Best mpg : 31.32mpg 100mi 3.193 USG 5/2/20

Former
'83 GMC S-15 Jimmy 2door 2wd O/D auto 3.73R&P
'79 Chevy K20 4X4 350ci 400hp msd custom th400 /np205. 7.5-new 14mpg modded befor modding was a thing
87' Hyundai Excel
83 ranger w/87 2.9 L FI2wd auto 18mpg on the floor
04 Mitsubishi Gallant 2.4L auto 26mpg
06 Subaru Forrester XT(WRX PACKAGE) MT AWD Turbocharged 18 plying dirty best of 26mpg@70mph
95Chevy Blazer 4x4 auto 14-18mpg
04 Chevy Blazer 4x4 auto 16-22mpg

Old 07-18-2016, 07:46 AM   #106 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
And your work is still nothing more then electrons in the ether.
Only a HHO true believer would make such a ridiculous statement.

Every single thing I did to my vehicles, is a validation of work that OTHERS have made.

Can you point to anything to support your HHO claims, like I can point to the works of bondo and aerohead and Hucho to describe why my aerocap (or my aero wheels covers) works?

Can you point to anything to support your HHO claims, like I can point to major vehicle and parts manufacturers to describe why my electrohydraulic power steering pump saves gas?

Can you point to anything to support your HHO claims, like I can point to work done right here at EcoModder.com to describe why my coolant-based intake air heater works?

Look at my three vehicles below -> all of that "HYPERMILER" green stuff isn't wishful thinking, and it is due a lot more to mechanical and styling modifications, than it is due to driving skills.

You can't even say that much.

Quote:
I'm willing to let people see and test. Will your work meet scrutiny? I'm willing to bet mine will. Real scrutiny.
If this were true, you'd post pictures and a description of your setup.

You'd describe all of the components you'd have used to make your HHO generation apparatus.

You'd describe the operating conditions necessary to generate the required amount of HHO to support your claims.

You'd quantify the amount of fuel you'd have saved using your HHO apparatus.

Of course, we both know the answer to that one, don't we?

Quote:
If you are near the Green Grand Prix, I can make a small detour and meet up. I can do the same for T_Vago and Ivehjk since they are on the way.
You speak in generalities about your HHO contraption, without anything to back it up, and you expect us to just believe you. You then get into a hissy fit when people like me question your honesty and integrity.

There's but one way to stop this. Post your results. Show us your HHO system. LET us have the opportunity to duplicate your work.

But you can't do that, can you? It's not a matter of pride talking, or worries that people will still doubt your claims even after you have done so. After all, if you could save any meaningful amount of fuel with your HHO setup, and you could back it up, you'd have done so by now. Your real evidence would have the effect of shutting up people who would continue to trash HHO.

You simply CANNOT produce any real evidence required here, because IT DOESN'T EXIST.

Quote:
And I'll race you for pinks on your magnum. Since you think I don't really have one or think I can't force the 4 cylinder mode at will your precious car must be well safe from loss?
I know you really don't have a Magnum R/T. You are unable to describe anything you have done to modify it, just like you are unable to describe how your HHO setup works, or how you put together your HHO setup. My own 6-speed Magnum is safe from you. It was never in any danger to begin with.

I'm perfectly willing to bet that if you were to somehow provide a VIN of this Magnum R/T that you supposedly own, we here on EcoModder would find that it was actually for a salvage auction vehicle that is now parted out. You simply can't post even that much information about your Magnum R/T, simply because it does not exist. You know, like your evidence that supports HHO.

Your claim, of being able to save any meaningful amount of fuel using HHO, is as fantastic as all of your talk about non-disclosure agreements with regard to your paid job that just so conveniently supports your ridiculous claims.

I thought it was particularly funny that you'd claim that major retail store chains would actually use your imaginary devices to save on fuel. Unlike, for instance, boattails and wheel covers, which actually DO work and that major trucking companies actually USE.

In the end, you can't post anything to back up your HHO claims. Your evidence simply does not exist.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
ChazInMT (07-18-2016), mcrews (07-20-2016), RedDevil (07-18-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 02:19 PM   #107 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Right on cue, the mods coral this topic because the discussion goes south.

Hey mods, when I post some real value in a new thread, are you going to allow the same noise to derail the thread? Because it has happened before.

Why waste my time on this forum when all you do is selective policing.

I used T_Vago as an example a few years back and trash talked one of his lucid and useful threads. I was mild in comparison to what was found here. He went away for a few years because he was hurt!

How do you feel about having a reasonable discussion on HHO? I mean, without ChazInMT pretending he knows more about chemistry than he does and making clutter with his demands. How about T_Vago staying out of a thread he has absolutely NO specialty in? I have a degree in electronics overlaid on my mechanical and industrial engineering degrees but you don't see me posting on Paul's controller thread as all I would add is noise even if I do understand the proceedings and do program controllers for instrumentation and control. I took a few semesters on aerodynamics but that does not mean I can effectively discuss some of the finer points of aerohead's work. I refrain from posting to keep their threads clear.

All I ask is that you all do the same.

And I do have basis for my work. T_Vago. I pointed it out in the discussions in chemical thermodynamics. Just because it is not a field you understand, you call it useless. All I mentioned as support for the chemical interactions is found in text books that you consider useless. Hubris. You wondered about that? If you and Chaz get some chemistry, we can have a discussion. Without it, all we have is this . . . unicorn fodder. Now the unicorn beatings begin . . . as always.

Ecomodders = "Hubris wrapped up in an aerodynamic cocoon of coraplast and pie tins".

Great T-shirt material for the Green Grand Prix, don't you think?

Old 07-18-2016, 02:35 PM   #108 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanks for the invite. I'll consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby79 View Post
To all those concerned there's going to be a get together at Darko wind tunnel in Ogden Utah September 9th There's an opportunity to show off what you've got meet club members and shake hands and figure things out San Diego's not too far Rusty and my question stated in an earlier post what do you think of them Rusty just trying to get your thread back on track
Keep me appraised. That falls on my wife's birthday time and she and her sis-in-law always do some crazy thing as a birthday celebration. They have done the usual para-sailing, skydiving and such. Does Ogden boast some silly escapade I can steer my wife towards while I hide the real reason to travel? Ha! I don't want her injured or dead, but I think zip-lining over canyons or some such might bait her.

I have an electrolysis generator, who's design I'll go over in another thread that hopefully will avoid hooliganism from the mods and members. I can bring that as a presentation. It is quite large as it is used to produce process gas for industry. I also have an old 85 Mercedes diesel that has 800K miles estimated ( odo froze at 595k) with the usual smokey exhaust, and we can hook up the electrolysis generator to the alternator and run the ABA test of smoke elimination. It's amazing how a very little HHO affects smoke output. We all know smoke is lost energy. I will not discuss how HHO affects diesel combustion as that is part of the IP portfolio, but we can play with the devices to our hearts content. Yes, It is an old car. But, the argument that "HHO does nothing and cannot do anything in the small quantities produced by onboard power" becomes visibly apparent.

Again, thank you again for the invitation, I'll make an effort to get there. It is a welcome offer in a suffocating atmosphere.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:16 PM   #109 (permalink)
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
I have to side with t vago here. I am waiting for some credible proof of your theory but all we get is words, no substance.
And you keep insulting, complaining, belittleing others and pile over 'hubris'.
I'm no mod but I guess there is only so much hubris one thread can bear.
So now it rests with all the other threads you covered with hubris.
Apparently that is what you want to happen, or you would not keep acting like that.

Yes, you were not alone in misbehaving, but you are the one firing it up every time.

I really would love to see it work, get something I can believe in.
Soooo..... as they say....

Pics or it isn't true!

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:
mcrews (07-20-2016)
Old 07-19-2016, 07:59 AM   #110 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,603 Posts
Time out while I read through this mess.

Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget

Closed Thread  Post New Thread