Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2014, 08:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
BTW do you think your arrest was actually related to eco-mods?
Lots of places have laws about hidden compartments that could be used to hide drugs. Any use of coroplast could get that thrown at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

The Following User Says Thank You to Fat Charlie For This Useful Post:
Cobb (08-19-2014)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-19-2014, 11:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
I wish I could get arrested.

Yeah, jail isnt that bad. 3 squares and a cot!!! Im a reverse vampire, so Im use to sleeping with the lights on. Being in rehab is a lot like jail.

Sounds like you were in a holding cell more or less vs prison. Its not that bad either way, there usually enough gay men in the population that the rape stuff is a non issue.
When I faced homelessness, I joined the Army, which fed me, gave me a place to sleep, and usually let me turn out the lights. Also, my clothing looks way better! Hopefully healthier women attracted to this type of man in uniform.

I was in a holding cell and then... I do not know, my own holding cell? I lovely concrete bed, but the foam pad was decent.

I had read 7 Horrifying Things You Didn't (Want to) Know About Prison | Cracked.com and I read it again, along with related pages. That former guard says most sex is consensual. Are we finished with this topic? Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
That sounds crappy. Whatever it was keep the identifying details off the interwebs until the situation/process is over. Actually, keep them off the web forever. BTW, there are websites now that post arrest records online. I'm sure there's one where you are. Just FYI. Don't sweat it too much from the perspective of jobs and such. I'm acquainted with people in the community who have been into all kinds of scrapes with the law. Some have done a little time here and there, 6 months, 2 years. They get jobs. They go to school. It's not a permanent brand, is my point.

Good luck. (By which I mean get a good damned scheister lawyer!)

The guard that processed me said my mugshots will not be published. He also said that first-time offenders are offered community service without anything on their record, but that is apparently if they only cite you for one thing.

I am just going to assume fate intentionally hid this from me: 4 Things You Should Know Before Spending a Weekend in Jail | Cracked.com

Fat Charlie, fill in any gaps with body filler?

Old 08-19-2014, 11:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

"So, to recap, we have a man who's been accused of rape standing in front of a jailhouse shower clutching a broomstick that he's promised to "show me how to use" if I join him in that shower.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-things-you-should-know-before-spending-weekend-in-jail_p2/#ixzz3AtrpS095"

Old 08-20-2014, 04:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Cobb, I have read several articles on Cracked since the first one that I posted, but have not actually read the second one yet. I was going to, but a young lady was waiting.

One girl that I dated a year or two ago said that I am now a "bad boy," however, that seems to be all that she had to say. Everybody else says that it does not make sense that it happened to me, and so far, every girl has accepted it.

So far I have been asked three times if I was arrested for ecomods (or hypermiling). No, the only vehicle-related question they asked was if there was anything in my car that could injure them. That was very difficult for me because vehicles injure people all of the time and idiots injure themselves all of the time for no reason. He said "Sir, I need a yes or no!" He did not tear apart my car looking for rock candy or whatever and did not close his door on his head or anything. I asked what would happen to my car and they just said they would take care of it. That did not comfort me at all, but as I mentioned before, it cost $62.20 to get my car. I was just happy to get my car back.

They never said anything about my ugly airdam and grill block, although those do not create any hidden compartments. My forester does have a few in the trunk, just for the tools to change a tire. Again, I guess that if you do create any, you had better fill them.

Hypermiling was not involved, either.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Very curious, Xist.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
"Failure to disperse."

And posession of rubber bullets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fat Charlie For This Useful Post:
Cobb (08-20-2014), Vman455 (08-20-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 03:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Very curious, Xist.
I agree. Very curious, maybe even provocative.

Are you out on bail with a trial pending?

Why don't you tell us what the charges are? You are innocent until proven guilty and mentioning the charges won't affect the outcome of your case any.

The Following User Says Thank You to XYZ For This Useful Post:
Cobb (08-20-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 09:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
Why don't you tell us what the charges are? You are innocent until proven guilty and mentioning the charges won't affect the outcome of your case any.
This is an open internet page. No lawyer will ever advise a client to go onto the open internet and start talking about your arrest and charges, and neither will any job counselor.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

What you"should" of done xist was ask for advice. Then say a "friend" of yours was arrested and ticketed with reckless driving, blah, blah, blah.

Your only hope at this point is to google your situation and read about others.

If you seriously area a member of the military your best chance maybe to reenlist and serve another round if its that serious.

Last edited by Cobb; 08-21-2014 at 12:46 AM.. Reason: penis stuck in second hole

Old 08-20-2014, 10:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
This is an open internet page. No lawyer will ever advise a client to go onto the open internet and start talking about your arrest and charges, and neither will any job counselor.
The arrest is a matter of public record. No one here knows XIST's actual identity. No one asked for any details that might affect the outcome of his case. I don't think his prospective future employers are going to read this forum, unless he directs them to it. Besides, they can look up his arrest record if they are so inclined, regardless of his stating it here.

However - for him to say "I was arrested" and then not say what he was arrested for, is provocative and attention seeking.

I'll stop short of saying that it borders on teasing us, or trolling.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread