Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #241 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Jeezus people, drive-ride the way you see fit. This thread is a perfect example of a forum killer at least to me. Is it not within the realm of human interaction for people to just state their opinions about things without diving into the cesspool of personal conflicts, which are never resolved and a waste of energy?

Nothing stated in this painfully laborious series of useless arguments, no facts presented, no opinions given, no arguments about the meaning of terms, no personal attacks (incidently all of which are rules violations) is going to change my driving technique by a single bit.

Being primarily a defensive driver, versus my crazy early life style, my situational awareness takes priority over everything else. That situational awareness includes the activities of other driver-riders around me, with ever changing levels of danger analyzed and appropriate responses taken.

Secondary to my interacting with a never ending stream of inattentive Morons, is the act of conserving energy to reduce my cost of transportation. To attempt to use my vehicle as a behaviour modification device to impose my will on others, violates the first priority of arriving at my destination safely.

Techniques developed over the terms of US Presidents dating back to Lyndon Johnson and refined to the point where I am seldom surprized by even a pothole, and not a single "incident" in years while riding a motorcyle as well as cars and trucks, prove to me (the only one who needs justification) that my combination of my personal technique and a very thorough understanding of the intricate functions and physical properties of vehicles and internal combustion engines.

Does anyone here expect anywone else to change tactics based on a pitiful attempt at personal degradation. If they do then they are the one who really needs some serious help, which you won't get here, and you won't get for free.

regards
I guess?
Mech

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
chumly (08-20-2013), elhigh (08-20-2013), Sven7 (08-20-2013), t vago (08-20-2013)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #242 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
Jeezus people, drive-ride the way you see fit. This thread is a perfect example of a forum killer at least to me. Is it not within the realm of human interaction for people to just state their opinions about things without diving into the cesspool of personal conflicts, which are never resolved and a waste of energy?

Nothing stated in this painfully laborious series of useless arguments, no facts presented, no opinions given, no arguments about the meaning of terms, no personal attacks (incidently all of which are rules violations) is going to change my driving technique by a single bit.
Hmm. No one is asking or demanding you or anyone else to change. It's only an extended discussion. Hardly a "forum killer".

But since you are apparently very upset, maybe Jeezus might help you with that.

If not, the previously offered alternative might help:

Thread Tools -> Unsubscribe from this thread -> *click*

(It's interesting how some rant and threaten to unsubscribe from the thread, but never actually do. It must be irresistible. )

Old 08-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #243 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Yeah, this thread no longer serves a useful purpose and should be locked.

It's a forum killer because not only does it turn its members against each other in arguments, it turns away prospective members who read this and assume most people here are thick-skull buttheads. I am guilty of this at times, and many of this thread have acted this way as well.

We all know, though, that the majority of this forum is productive and positive- we need to keep it that way, and this thread only brings it down.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sven7 For This Useful Post:
sheepdog 44 (08-20-2013), t vago (08-20-2013), user removed (08-20-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #244 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,603 Posts
Yup. And Yup.

Note to self for future reference: add this topic to "religion" and "politics" on verboten list. Serves no useful purpose.

Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:
bestclimb (08-20-2013), sheepdog 44 (08-20-2013), t vago (08-20-2013), user removed (08-20-2013)
Closed Thread  Post New Thread