Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2014, 11:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
I got poisoned by sunblock!

My sister and I literally got poisoned by sunblock. I started throwing up when we got on the lake today, and we couldn't figure out why, as my entire family has eaten the same exact things, drank the same things and swam in the same places. Yet only my sister and I got sick. Only thing we did different was put on the rub on sunblock and everyone else used the spray kind. My sister and I went back to the hotel room, took a shower (separately lol!) and 45 mins later I was back to normal. Wtf! How could this even happen?? Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-10-2014, 12:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Cool

Yeah, its the titanium dioxide. I tend to buy clothing that has built in sun block protection, but then I end up being the guy who wears a shirt when he goes swimming.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
My sister and I literally got poisoned by sunblock. I started throwing up when we got on the lake today, and we couldn't figure out why, as my entire family has eaten the same exact things, drank the same things and swam in the same places. Yet only my sister and I got sick. Only thing we did different was put on the rub on sunblock and everyone else used the spray kind. My sister and I went back to the hotel room, took a shower (separately lol!) and 45 mins later I was back to normal. Wtf! How could this even happen?? Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?
Have you ever read any murder mysteries such as those of Sherlock Holmes or Poirot? The police and the amateur detectives in their cases are often quick to draw conclusions based on incomplete evidence. The truth often lies elsewhere, as improbable as it may seem.

Maybe it's due to an emotional response of being at a family gathering. Maybe it was from something in the hotel room that you and your sister are sharing. Maybe your appraisal has not accounted for other possibilities, and is hasty in its conclusion.

Not all physiological responses of the human body are due to things ingested or applied to the skin. There are many other possibilities that are not being taken into consideration.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Why does a furry need sunblock?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
chumly (08-25-2014), Cobb (08-24-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 11:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
Have you ever read any murder mysteries such as those of Sherlock Holmes or Poirot? The police and the amateur detectives in their cases are often quick to draw conclusions based on incomplete evidence. The truth often lies elsewhere, as improbable as it may seem.

Maybe it's due to an emotional response of being at a family gathering. Maybe it was from something in the hotel room that you and your sister are sharing. Maybe your appraisal has not accounted for other possibilities, and is hasty in its conclusion.

Not all physiological responses of the human body are due to things ingested or applied to the skin. There are many other possibilities that are not being taken into consideration.
I highly doubt it, I literally went through everything that day that I did from start up to the point that I got sick, and that was the only inconsistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Why does a furry need sunblock?
ahahahahahahaha

Old 08-11-2014, 12:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tele man View Post
Hm-m-m-m, maybe an A-B-A test in called for?
My mom recommended this. I told her I think I'll pass. That experience was not a fun one by a long shot.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
My mother once told me that some sunblocks had some carcinogenic stuff, I just don't remember which one is.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Well... your'e not supposed to eat the sunblock.

By any chance, what kind is it?
The Following User Says Thank You to niky For This Useful Post:
RedDevil (08-24-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 04:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Quote:
Originally Posted by niky View Post
Well... your'e not supposed to eat the sunblock.

By any chance, what kind is it?
Copperstone SPF 50.

The Following User Says Thank You to Baltothewolf For This Useful Post:
RedDevil (08-24-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 06:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
Sunblock (most) is sort of a damned if you do, damned if you don't type of stuff.

Use sparingly occasionally but understand clay, shirts and mechanical sunblock are both safe and more effective.

A natural tan is also more effective.

But yes, most all "cosmetics" are poisonous, just look at the ingredients. Nothing super good in there.

Also SPF 50 is sort of useless, the standard SPF10-20 is about all the better you can use and have it work more or less as directed.

Cheers
Ryan

Reply  Post New Thread