Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2010, 03:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonman76 View Post
But time=money is true only when the work is available.
On many occasions people have told me they can't slow down because their time is worth xxx money. Or that they want to spend more valuable time at home with the family. So ask straight out: but will you really be making money in that extra time, or spending it with the family, or will you plop in front of the TV with a beer? That's usually the end of the discussion. I'm lucky I still have all my teeth.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-29-2010, 03:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Q Sold - '02 Infiniti Q45 Sport
90 day: 23.08 mpg (US)

blackie - '14 nissan altima sv
CALMING.

Huge side effect to this whole process. I drive long trips and yrs ago, I was third in BEXAR County (san antonio) for most tickets (over a million people behind me!! lol)
Now I just sit back and crank uot the mpgs. I was this way for sevral yrs before I got here but the scangauge has REALLY helped.

ECO MODS PERFORMED:
First: ScangaugeII
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...eii-23306.html

Second: Grille Block
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...e-10912-2.html

Third: Full underbelly pan
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...q45-11402.html

Fourth: rear skirts and 30.4mpg on trip!
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post247938
Old 06-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

The SHOW - '95 Ford SHO Taurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
On many occasions people have told me they can't slow down because their time is worth xxx money. Or that they want to spend more valuable time at home with the family. So ask straight out: but will you really be making money in that extra time, or spending it with the family, or will you plop in front of the TV with a beer? That's usually the end of the discussion. I'm lucky I still have all my teeth.
Not only that, but they are probably kidding themselves anyway and not saving a friggin minute driving like a fool.

Just minutes ago I went out on a test drive with a customer, HOLY CRAP did he drive like hell! WOW, this guy was accellerating not only up to stop lights only to almost panic break at the last second but did the same with cars out on the road! He would be ACCELERATING up on a car as some slower moving car was changing lanes into this lane in front of the car in front of us. I saw this and I KNEW it was going to slow down the car in front of us, this was simple common sense for Gods sake. But this guy I was riding with was actually STILL accelerating! It was WILD, what a dumb ass! We were sitting at a stop light and as it turned green he said under his breath "Thank God". "THANK GOD" at a light turning green? HUH? Thank God that I wasn't killed on that test drive, that is what I Thank God for!

Not only that, but he was going off and on the throttle every second! No kidding, he was seriously pushing on the pedal my head was bobbing back and forth with him pushing on and of the gas! This guy must get 12 mpg with this Honda!

Most people don't have even a tiny clue as to what time means and how much time we take doing things.

I am amazed that I can hop on my bike and take a six or seven mile ride in 25 minutes or so. It is amazing how much we do at home in a minute or so. Get up go get a cup of coffee, go the can, these things only take a minute or so.

Brian

Last edited by MARTINSR; 06-29-2010 at 12:40 PM..
Old 09-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The Putter - '00 VW Golf
This is a great writeup and excellent posts following it. I know it saves fuel but I'll have to do the time saved test as well.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
I'm driving 20 kph / 12.5 mph slower on the motorway which makes up 3/4 of my 50 km / 31 mile commute.
I still leave home around the same time as before, and still arrive at work around the same time.
My average speeds are still comparable to what they were.
My travel time is far more influenced by the traffic situation than by my top speed.

If you want to travel long distances, the key is not so much high speed, but keeping a good and steady pace.

Reply  Post New Thread