Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #411 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks Damien. Pm sent.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #412 (permalink)
EcoModding Seeker

red - '02 Honda Insight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyguy View Post
OK guys, version 1.4 is ready for release.

Along with this I also revised the PCB and schematic to replace R9 with potentiometer VR3. This allows fine tuning of the pack voltage in hardware (as Jackbauer did). BOM is updated to include this pot. It’s a smaller 12 turn 6mm size (only way it would fit!)
I already sent the gerber files to Ianbartie so anyone ordering from him will get this latest change.
-Chris
I am looking at the files on the wiki and the Preliminary PCB artwork rev 1 is out there, but I'm not clear if it is updated to reflect the PCB changes listed above?

I am interested in buying a board if anyone has one available.
Madison, Wisconsin
www.evpowers.com
Old 07-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #413 (permalink)
EV Builder

ericbecky,
The files on the wiki are the latest using VR3. I downloaded and double checked. Sorry, but I don't have any. This company has a new customer offer for $25 per board with free shipping (qty 1 ok) Imagineering Inc - Printed Circuit Boards

Catch is you need to supply a valid company name. I just used mine from work along with my work phone #. Received the board in less than 2 weeks and was good quality.

-Chris
Old 07-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #414 (permalink)
EcoModding Seeker

red - '02 Honda Insight
Got it. Thanks.
Hmm, looks like the discount actually extends for 6 months, if I read things right. I should probably consolidate any other board needs I may have as well before ordering.
Madison, Wisconsin
www.evpowers.com
Old 08-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #415 (permalink)
EV Builder

New firmware version 2.0

In this update I’ve implemented a way of entering user parameters with the two momentary pushbuttons and the LCD display. It avoids having to reflash the PIC if you want to change a parameter. I’ve also added a function to cut back throttle if pack voltage dips to parameter “MINPV” for 6 seconds or more. I do this by setting the RB3 bit. This is normally canbus receive for 18F2480 or GP I/O for 18F2420. By using this bit with a transistor in place of U8, it is conveniently brought out to terminal block TB2. An optocoupler wired to this then switches in a resistor (or pot) in parallel with the throttle pot accomplishing the throttle cutback (circuit shown in addendum in attached zip). Another new parameter “HALLT” allows setting the current sensor to either Tamura L01Z400S05 (400A) or a LEM HASS 200-S (600A).
The addendum also shows an alternate way of wiring up the PWM output for the fuel gauge. This way it always stays within the resistance range of the sender it replaces.
My thinking is that this could do two things:
1. By staying within legal min-max resistance range of the sender it replaces, those whose fuel gauge has a microprocessor interface might have better luck.
2. Mechanical fuel gauges might “ring” less with chopped current alternating between two different levels versus full on & full off .

Besides, I saw this configuration used repeatedly online for other PWM fuel gauge sender replacements

Video below demonstrates setting parameters with the new firmware.
Attached zip contains the ASM and HEX files for both versions of the PIC. As always “a” version is 18F2420 and “b” is 18F2480. I have no way of testing the 18F2480 version so no guarantees.

Attached Files
File Type: zip cougarlcd_v2_0.zip (51.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: zip Addendum to Cougar LCD Instrumentation Manual.zip (90.9 KB, 77 views)
Old 08-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #416 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

one more group buy?

I guess there must be some persons still interested in bare PCBs, how about posting your interest so we could order a batch? I'm in for two boards; I think it's ~10 of 'em what makes price reasonable...
Old 08-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #417 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_power View Post
I guess there must be some persons still interested in bare PCBs, how about posting your interest so we could order a batch? I'm in for two boards; I think it's ~10 of 'em what makes price reasonable...
I would be interested too, 2 boards for me.

EDIT:
Just checked the price at pcbcart:
5pcs 100.89USD
10pcs 102.94USD
20pcs 111.34USD

and 28USD Shipping

Last edited by zsnemeth; 08-14-2012 at 06:16 AM.. Reason: Added price list
Old 08-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #418 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsnemeth View Post
and 28USD Shipping
I live in Poland and they offered me cheapest shipping for $47.19, is your quoted for Ireland?

Mike
Old 08-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #419 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_power View Post
I live in Poland and they offered me cheapest shipping for $47.19, is your quoted for Ireland?

Mike
Yes, with DHL.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #420 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

OK, let's wait for another interested folks, I'll gladely help with group buy...

Reply  Post New Thread