Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #141 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.5 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.62 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
The ability to get 50% thermal efficiency from a spark ignited gasoline engine is pretty exceptional. That isn't far behind the efficiency of an ocean going diesel power plant. A few more improvements will put TE closer to 60%. This isn't bogus internet claims. This is just good engineering.
Best IC engine efficiency I've seen so far is that big Wartsila-Sulzer diesel, it hits over 50% w/o cogen.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #142 (permalink)
EcoModding Learner

nonikname - '99 Saab 9-5 2.3t
90 day: 33.71 mpg (US)
To the OP, I agree with you, that there are a lot of people out there that make claims of efficiency improvements - some small - some large. I don't doubt that some (at least a few) are real. Many of these claims are by people who seem to be quite knowledgeable and sincere. Those people generally aren't selling anything and it seems as if they have nothing to gain by convincing other people, except for the satisfaction of knowing that they have helped someone else.
I don't know what the real answers are.
There are probably a few that have made significant gains, but exactly how and why - I suspect that often they themselves don't understand the reasons.
.....Maybe another part of the equation is that people think that because "X" helped my mileage, then "X" will help yours - when we know that may not be the case at all.
Take Somender Singh's groove theory. Don't you think that his "grooves" would help in some instances, but would be detrimental in more cases than they helped?
Please don't think that I am trying to discourage you. I hope that you read what these guys have said and carefully consider the comments. People on this forum seem to me to be very willing to help others and I've been surprised many times at the time, effort, knowledge and resources that are freely shared here.
BTW - I still don't understand why there is generally no gain in mpg by introducing into an engine a small amount of browns gas, HHO, or whatever - unless of course you're using the alternator to power the device making it.

Quote:
"God is a God who both created the universe, and also had a plan that included me as an individual human being. And that he has made it possible for me, through this series of explorations, to realize that. It is not just a philosophy, it is a reality of a relationship. "
Francis S Collins - director of the National Human Genome Research Institute
Old 01-18-2017, 02:59 PM   #143 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

“BTW - I still don't understand why there is generally no gain in mpg by introducing into an engine a small amount of browns gas, HHO, or whatever - unless of course you're using the alternator to power the device making it.”

I too ran into that problem of HHO.

I have had up to 30amps draw and not seen any change in the engine’s loading not any change it the injectors duty cycle, and can switch on all lights, and fans ETC and still no change in duty cycle nor GPH use BUT cut in the A/C and it will jump up a couple of points on the duty cycle and GPH will go up from .45 GPH to .56 GPH.

None the less, the use a tank of hydrogen cut out the alternator all together.

IF you go with the idea it is the Hydrogen I seemed to have proven that does not work in anywhere the amount most claim it does as in under 10 liters per minute rate.

On the other hand some HHO fans claim HHO or browns gas in NOT the same hydrogen but of another kind, and THAT is why it is supposed to work.

AND others say it is the boost from the Hydrogen and the oxygen combo. I have a cell that has the two gases separated and have tried both outputs and again saw no change.

And last we found many HHO generators also produced a lot of steam so it could be just the steam boosting MPG.

I have NOT tested add pure steam to my car, but the other combos I have and failed to get any improvements.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:50 PM   #144 (permalink)
Eco of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
“BTW - I still don't understand why there is generally no gain in mpg by introducing into an engine a small amount of browns gas, HHO, or whatever - unless of course you're using the alternator to power the device making it.”

I too ran into that problem of HHO.

I have had up to 30amps draw and not seen any change in the engine’s loading not any change it the injectors duty cycle, and can switch on all lights, and fans ETC and still no change in duty cycle nor GPH use BUT cut in the A/C and it will jump up a couple of points on the duty cycle and GPH will go up from .45 GPH to .56 GPH.

None the less, the use a tank of hydrogen cut out the alternator all together.

IF you go with the idea it is the Hydrogen I seemed to have proven that does not work in anywhere the amount most claim it does as in under 10 liters per minute rate.

On the other hand some HHO fans claim HHO or browns gas in NOT the same hydrogen but of another kind, and THAT is why it is supposed to work.

AND others say it is the boost from the Hydrogen and the oxygen combo. I have a cell that has the two gases separated and have tried both outputs and again saw no change.

And last we found many HHO generators also produced a lot of steam so it could be just the steam boosting MPG.

I have NOT tested add pure steam to my car, but the other combos I have and failed to get any improvements.
works fine in carb vehicle... you have to modify the computer reading oxygen level in the car to see a change an also sometimes the MAP sensor too.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:00 PM   #145 (permalink)
Eco of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I find it hard to believe claims that are not reproducable since that's kind like only the entire foundation of science.
there's nothing extraordinary. Its the illusion of such, you've been kept in the dark, wake up
Old 01-19-2017, 06:19 PM   #146 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,527 Times in 2,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tf4624 View Post
works fine in carb vehicle... you have to modify the computer reading oxygen level in the car to see a change an also sometimes the MAP sensor too.
Oh so you trick the engine into running the engine lean, no wonder it works. Sounds like you could skip the hho generator and just run lean. Lean burn gives around a 20% boost to fuel economy.
Anyone who believes hho works is delusional.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oil pan 4 For This Useful Post:
t vago (01-19-2017), Xist (01-20-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #147 (permalink)
Eco of course

Quote:
Oh so you trick the engine into running the engine lean, no wonder it works. Sounds like you could skip the hho generator and just run lean. Lean burn gives around a 20% boost to fuel economy.
you substitute fuel with HHO..

if you lean to much without substitute you will cause damage.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:44 PM   #148 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tf4624 View Post
there's nothing extraordinary. Its the illusion of such, you've been kept in the dark, wake up
"there's nothing. Its an illusion, i've been kept in the dark, didn't wake up yet"

There, fixed it for ya.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Lee For This Useful Post:
Xist (01-20-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 06:59 PM   #149 (permalink)
Eco of course

Quote:
Hho does work.. both ways.. 1 way is on total 100 percent with Oxygen of course

or do a dual mixture by replacing some gasoline.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:03 PM   #150 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I did all that fooling around with the CPU's sensors and idid not work either.

It might work on carb cars but it is worthless because there are only two kinds of carb car owners now, Collectors holding a Classic or poor as dirt driving old junkers, the collectors don't care about MPG and would not mess with a classic and the poor junker owners cannot afford a MPG device...

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
lies, scam