Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 10:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
I saw that a few months ago when I was looking into perpetuum for a self-prescribed project I was working on.

It's interesting, alright.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-23-2009, 11:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)

^^^My current favorite magnetic device - The Magnevex.

It uses a Fibonacci spiral array of magnets on external vortices, which rotate in tandem. Without reproducing the design, I have no idea if it would actually work, but I know that the creator (as well as many other people) are making a huge mistake using aluminum for any part of a magnet motor, since aluminum DOES in fact react to magnets. It creates a braking effect.

Don't believe me? Drop a 5kg magnet onto a 1" thick aluminum plate... bet it makes very little noise...

Old 03-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

98 Cherokee - '98 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 17.18 mpg (US)

ZX7R Ninja - '99 Kawasaki ZX7R Ninja
90 day: 42.45 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Imagine for a minute that you have a piece of steel, that weighs in at 2 tons.

You have only yourself to move it, and you stand between the steel and and immobile wall (exaggeration for purposes of explanation).

On the wall is a magnet that has force equal to 1.99 tons of pressure application, and it's facing the opposite polarity of the piece of steel in front of you.. that means that the .01 tons of force you would need to apply to move the 2 ton piece of steel has essentially created more energy than you've applied. The key there, is that now there is a 2ton object moving before you, and YOU have applied .01 tons of force.

That seems to me to be pretty obviously the magnet's doing, unless you have some other way to explain it.
I understand what your saying. But I guess when were talking about continuing to generate power what resets the example? Seems to me you can generate power until the point at which you have a giant piece of steel on the wall. At which point you would need 1.99 tons of force to pull the steel off the wall right? Just to put it back where you found it in the first place.

I look at that example and think battery. Charging the battery pulls the steel off the wall and away from the magnet at which point it resets allowing you to push it back.

Adjusted for my driving habits. 80%city/20%Highway.
20mpg city/30mpg highway or bust! Check out my mods so far

Old 03-24-2009, 12:22 AM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Demystifying the engine .. just a small engineering issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Can you PM me a picture then? I'm pretty sure something was lost in translation there.
I understand, believe me, but to get that bit was the result of hundreds of hours of researching non-working engines, building some of the ones that others swore worked, and had even sold to the unwary. There is only one other person, one of my partners, who has been told the solution, and he has asked that I not reveal that until we are in production. But to amplify the clue, see it another way. Once you understand how you would go about building a magnetic engine, then do that, and when and if it does not work, you will analyze it from the other side of the problem. It requires only a few obvious questions to get on the right track.

I truly hate having to be cryptic, but I am under a geas to my friend and colleague. The only things I will give are clues which I inferred myself, and which had to be both discovered and decoded by me.

It will cheer you and many others, however, to know that there is one very good, dependable, and inexpensive source of magnets up to the size of those I used in my initial build. K&J Magnetics .. [URL deleted by admin] is head and shoulders the best source I have found for NdFeBo magnets up to N52 strength. Check out their surplus magnets, too. Some of those are to die for, and it's a conscientious company with safety first, so do read their documentation!

Thats all I can in good faith to my partners, say.

Have fun!
Bill Whedon

Old 03-24-2009, 01:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Now I can give you some answers as to what is going on and I'm not even going to ask you for any money as I have some very wealthy investors who wish not to be named, they could of course buy me out completely, or hire me they are so wealthy but chose not to because there are so many of them, but if you want to give me some money so I can buy a $4 cup of coffee I'm not going to turn it down, after all my idea has a patent pending on it, so it's not like it's protected by patent copy laws, or that the information has to be made public as part of the public review.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:14 AM   #26 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWhedon View Post
All I can do is to give you the one best possible clue I can give without drawing you a picture. Look at the problem from the other end. Thats why mine works and NONE of the others do.
Bill Whedon
Instead of moving the gate to make the wheel spin, you spin the wheel to make the gate move?

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread

Old 03-24-2009, 05:05 AM   #27 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Barking up the wrong magnet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
Now I can give you some answers as to what is going on and I'm not even going to ask you for any money as I have some very wealthy investors who wish not to be named, they could of course buy me out completely, or hire me they are so wealthy but chose not to because there are so many of them, but if you want to give me some money so I can buy a $4 cup of coffee I'm not going to turn it down, after all my idea has a patent pending on it, so it's not like it's protected by patent copy laws, or that the information has to be made public as part of the public review.
Always best to not name your investors, as they tend toward fluidity. But I will also advise you to not take any serious money from anyone unless you have a ready proof that your device works. I'm not talking about a $4 cup of coffee, either. So far I've been offered investment capital of up to $50million which I will absolutely not accept until the two large-horsepower prototypes are off the blocks and installed and running. They still cost just as much to produce, but I would rather view the entire transaction as a gamble, as I said, until the proofs are in place.

That attitude puts me in the same boat as you, financially, but it's still so much more ethical and safer, by my lights. I believe that old saw that says, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!"

You cannot protect your invention unless you don't reveal its workings. That is a given. If you let someone have one prematurely, and they want to steal it, you cannot stop them. Further, international patents are outrageously expensive, and some places in this world still do not honor them. How much of the Chinese gear you purchase at WalMart was invented there? And a US patent is only a protection in the USA. So don't be naive.

However, if you truly believe in your device, come talk to me by email or telephone and if you have a Paypal account, I will be happy to set you up with a similar fund-collection method to mine, for assisting with development finance. You will need a website, but I can help there, too. You can reach me by the "Contact" page on [URL deleted by admin] to discuss details. I feel that there is nothing to be gained by selfishness in this world where we all need real friends just to survive.

Good luck, and God bless you!
Bill Whedon

Old 03-24-2009, 05:11 AM   #28 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ummm... Not quite, but you're thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
Instead of moving the gate to make the wheel spin, you spin the wheel to make the gate move?
You need to approach the entire system to find the solution. The problem is still the "magnetic lock" situation, and you are very close to solving it. Walk away from it for a while and come back and look with "new eyes".
Good luck, God Bless you!
Bill Whedon

Old 03-24-2009, 05:15 AM   #29 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWhedon View Post
I feel that there is nothing to be gained by selfishness in this world where we all need real friends just to survive.
Then don't be selfish with what you think you know. I really have no idea why you are here, smoke and mirrors is going to get called as B.S., though maybe politely for a while unless you get the hint early.

You claimed something and are incapable of backing it up. At this point I'm going to say back it up or shut up. We aren't idiots here but I'm starting to get the idea that you think we are. No more cryptic, no more excuses, share the plans and let someone replicate it or why the hell are you here?

Old 03-24-2009, 05:41 AM   #30 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

No points for puerile mockery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Then don't be selfish with what you think you know. I really have no idea why you are here, smoke and mirrors is going to get called as B.S., though maybe politely for a while unless you get the hint early.

You claimed something and are incapable of backing it up. At this point I'm going to say back it up or shut up. We aren't idiots here but I'm starting to get the idea that you think we are. No more cryptic, no more excuses, share the plans and let someone replicate it or why the hell are you here?
Protecting my own interests and those of my partners is neither selfishness, nor "smoke and mirrors". You want to call it bull****, be my guest. Chanting "Nyah, nyah, nyah, you're LYING!!" isn't going to convince me that you're anything but yet another little kid without the perseverance and ethic to actually work and make the discovery himself, and wants someone else to do it for him.

I don't need to justify my being anywhere, kid. It's a public forum. And spending your rhetoric bashing me will get you exactly nowhere. Now kindly get out of the pulpit and try some thoughtful discovery. It will get you a lot farther. God bless you and your efforts.
Bill Whedon

Closed Thread  Post New Thread