Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2019, 11:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Ah, heck. I thought the reinforced driveway thing was great about guys who think everything that moves has a way to be ridden. Every beast or machine is Christmas all over again.

They reinforce MY driveway every time I leave home. Big Diesel or Little Diesel. The crushed aggregate is kept literally 20-feet away. I leave, and out rolls an ancient Mahindra tractor to set to work.

I haven’t bought a vehicle yet didn’t require set of specialized tools or gear or whatever. Hell, I finally got management to repair my 30A power so I can order a cable with a NEMA-20 end for the Pete and a typical 30A connector at the other end. Run it on shore power while at home.

So I still suspect that SOMEONES morning race to the coffee shop is bolstered by THE NEED for a CONSTANT flat-cambered downhill run to effect top speed onto the frontage road THUS a solid merge onto the highway.

Overkill for the new vehicle expected is just right (per the video). And, may as well gussie up the premises while we’re at it.

Said affectionately, every one of us here is a cartoon character. I know I wouldn’t have it any other way as I’m rolling roadblock with trailer in tow. Smile and wave back at everyone who honks or flashes headlights. Thank them, too, for letting me know I’m Number One. Etc.

Last edited by slowmover; 04-13-2019 at 07:29 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-17-2019, 12:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,790 Times in 1,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post

Is this is low-tech high-tech?

Recycling tires is good. There is a negative cost associated, people pay you to take them.

They show the stabilized gravel being top coated, but one could do a home driveway in gravel with just a reciprocating saw and back-breaking labor.
I would like to know if the rubber breaking down over time could contaminate a well or aquifer.

They have tried using chopped up tires as mulch and ground cover, but I understand there are environmental issues.

1977 Porsche 911s Targa
1998 Chevy S-10 Pick-Up truck
1989 Scat II HP Hovercraft

Chin Spoiler:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-t...effective.html

Rear Spoiler Pick Up Truck
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-t...xperiment.html

Roof Wing
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...1-a-19525.html
The Following User Says Thank You to kach22i For This Useful Post:
Ecky (05-18-2019)
Reply  Post New Thread