Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2021, 05:09 PM   #71 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Lancer GLXi Wagon - '00 Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi
The PayPal button comes up with the sandbox.paypal .com, which one can't log into as it seems to be a development platform?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-13-2021, 12:34 AM   #72 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerTung View Post
I'm going to risk ordering one of these to New Zealand to go on my 2000 Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi Wagon.

The website is a bit dodgy though as it is not secure, but it is possible to click on the PayPal Buy Now button and it comes up with a https:// window.
Thanks for the info mate!

I had a look and did some upgrades to 'secure' my site so she appears as it should now

I'm not sure why the link doesn't work, at my end i can follow through the paypal link.

If you're keen send an email through to glengineerservice@gmail.com and i'll send a link through!
Old 02-13-2021, 03:00 PM   #73 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hi thanks for that.

I did email you previously, but maybe it didn't come through? I will resend it.

I went onto your website just now, but for some reason when I select International shipping, the paypal box adds on an extra AUD $10? I thought it might be some kind of paypal fee, but when I select Australian shipping, it doesn't do it?

I'm quite keen to get hold of one of these units, they look really good!

Cheers,

Sam
Old 02-13-2021, 09:19 PM   #74 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerTung View Post
Hi thanks for that.
for some reason when I select International shipping, the paypal box adds on an extra AUD $10?
Sam
Yea Australia post will do that, charge me extra for sending stuff overseas. I've also fixed the form with one from the paypal main page and seems to be working.

send an email through to glengineerservice@gmail.com mate and i can pop a paypal link to you if it still isn't behaving

Last edited by abbalooga; 02-13-2021 at 09:57 PM..
Old 02-13-2021, 09:22 PM   #75 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The app is taking good shape. Fixed the graph to work better for you MPG weirdos but i spoossee i need to include you aswell :P

There should be two in the USA with bluetooth soon, some feedback on the app will help it take shape!
Old 03-31-2021, 04:45 PM   #76 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks abbalooga, I got it 2 or 3 weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to install it yet though as the garage/workshop was an absolute bombsite and I needed to spend about 40-80 hours tidying up, sorting, putting in electrical sockets and building a large amount of shelving in the roof cavity.

I am not sure how the casing is supposed to go together though, do you have any pictures of that?

Cheers,

Sam
Old 03-31-2021, 08:55 PM   #77 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Oh dear, it should be assembled?

Maybe a picture of what you're looking at will help Glad it arrived ok. Shoot me an email and we'll sort it out
Old 09-26-2021, 02:42 AM   #78 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,553 Posts
Just installed this unit in Aerocivic! I'll post a review once I've put a couple of tanks through it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210925_194440585.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	31314  
Old 09-26-2021, 03:23 AM   #79 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,553 Posts
Any chance you could send me the code so I can play with setting up some custom displays? I'm also happy to make a request, as it seems you made custom screens for others.

One of the first things I noticed was the the configuration menu remains in metric when the unit is set to imperial. My experience with the base mpguino is that it simply inverts the calculations, and does not make a unit volume adjustment. If doing a partial fill of, say, 5 gallons, do I put in 5000 "liters", or 18925? Or 22710? If the device is doing the conversions itself between gallons and liters, you'll need a way to specify whether it's a US or UK gallon, because they're different volumes.

I imagine that, since very few people will likely be switching back and forth between metric and imperial, it may be fine to simply rename the volume unit in the fill-up section, rather than do a unit conversion. There won't be any dealing with different gallons.

Another thing - Aerocivic gets much better fuel economy than most cars, and the graph is constantly off the chart while driving. It would be nice if this were somehow adjustable by the user, either as a setting in the menu or in the setup screen. Realistically, Aerocivic would need to display values as high as 120-150mpg (2.0 - 1.5L/100km) for even slight downgrades.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:50 AM   #80 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hey man, awesome feedback!!

So, are you saying when converting between imperial/metric you'd like it to auto calculate the parameters? That's a fantastic idea, I can probably implement this.

Also.. wow!! that's a lot of MPG's ahah.

I have some source code up on the website. Just uploaded the version that's installed on your unit. Note you'll need the libraries I've included as some pins are different to make the screen work. Any changes you make i can upload your version of the file next to what i had on the website for others to use also!

I've just updated the app to include auto calibration for speed and fuel usage, hopefully a helpful feature for those who want to give it a try.

The angle for the app is more towards installations without a screen, like on a boat or a motorbike. I have some people using this and so far its working out well!

Last edited by abbalooga; 09-27-2021 at 03:00 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to abbalooga For This Useful Post:
Ecky (09-27-2021)
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
colour, lcd, mpguino, tft, touch