Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2021, 03:37 AM   #81 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 42.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,547 Posts
Either auto calculation, or keeping everything in imperial for calculations.

I'll poke at the code in the next week or two and see what I can come up with.

Of the existing screens, I've found screen 6 to been the one most useful to me. I find I'd probably use the following information the most:

Screen A: Big instant MPG, current MPG (since last power on or last reset), volume per hour, current distance, instant speed, voltage, tank MPG

Screen B: distance to empty, tank MPG, tank distance, tank gallons, tank average speed, EOC distance

While I'm thinking about it, how does one reset the "current" values? They appear to be persistent and do not reset when the unit powers up again. It isn't clear to me how to use it as a "trip" feature.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ecky For This Useful Post:
abbalooga (09-27-2021)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-27-2021, 04:25 AM   #82 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I think I can make auto conversion a thing easily when it saves settings.

My implementation of current is the DTE trip. This allows long term averages for DTE calc which i found more useful than the tank trip for calculation due to terrible averages when you leave the gas station.

Reset DTErecalc at your leisure. Sorry for the naming. I will consider renaming it ay

Last edited by abbalooga; 09-27-2021 at 04:58 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to abbalooga For This Useful Post:
Ecky (09-27-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 04:59 AM   #83 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

are you ok with me using 1 mi = 1.6093 km and 3.78541 litres in a gallon as the reference for conversion? Its the best i could find.

Too late, I've done it.

I've tested it with bluetooth and with the touch screen and each time the user changes from imperial to metric or back it converts the units saved to show correct readings with the same config.

http://glengineer.com.au/mpguino_UTFT_v24_Blue.zip

remember to use arduino 1.0.6 when using this code. Its a throw back to the old days.

Last edited by abbalooga; 09-27-2021 at 06:28 AM..
Ecky (09-27-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 06:55 AM   #84 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I'm good with that conversion. I'll calibrate the distance anyway.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:10 PM   #85 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hey this looks super cool. I'm a new member here and am just reading a lot right now. I have a 1995 honda civic ex and would like one of these, where the scanguage and other stuff doesn't work on my OBD1 vehicle.

I've visited your website and it looks like you're currently out of stock of the touch screen option. Is that still correct or is that old info? From my reading, it looks like you've updated some things on your website recently, so maybe you're still out.

Also worth mentioning, I'm mechanically and electronically proficient enough to install this, but have NO IDEA about coding or programming. I want a unit that I can wire in and will work without me having to code or program, other than selecting which measurements (imperial or metric) I want to use. Will be shipped to USA.

I think its awesome that you've undertaken this project. I hope it's a viable business for you that you're making enough money on. Props to you mate!
Old 09-27-2021, 09:28 PM   #86 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrainxl View Post
Hey this looks super cool. I'm a new member here and am just reading a lot right now. I have a 1995 honda civic ex and would like one of these, where the scanguage and other stuff doesn't work on my OBD1 vehicle.

I've visited your website and it looks like you're currently out of stock of the touch screen option. Is that still correct or is that old info? From my reading, it looks like you've updated some things on your website recently, so maybe you're still out.

Also worth mentioning, I'm mechanically and electronically proficient enough to install this, but have NO IDEA about coding or programming. I want a unit that I can wire in and will work without me having to code or program, other than selecting which measurements (imperial or metric) I want to use. Will be shipped to USA.

I think its awesome that you've undertaken this project. I hope it's a viable business for you that you're making enough money on. Props to you mate!
The installation was super easy. I can take some pictures of the 92 CX installation - basically just splicing two wires right at the ECU with some wire splice connectors, and finding a switched 12v source.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:14 AM   #87 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrainxl View Post
...I've visited your website and it looks like you're currently out of stock of the touch screen option. Is that still correct or is that old info?.....

......I want a unit that I can wire in and will work without me having to code or program, other than selecting which measurements (imperial or metric) I want to use........
Cheers good buddy!

I am a week or so away from having 5 units ready to ship again. Just waiting for some touch screens to come.

Also, the units come fully assembled and ready to just wire in! no coding required
Old 09-28-2021, 10:21 AM   #88 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ok very cool! I’d like to get one when they’re available! Let me know or send me a PM or something?
Old 10-21-2021, 04:05 AM   #89 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I've been working on a cheaper Bluetooth only version. Mainly aimed at motorcycle and boat applications where a touch screen aren't required. But a sleek car install may want this type of interface as well.

she draws next to no current and performs the same as any other. It's based on an ATMEGA328P the same as the original MPGuino.

Last edited by abbalooga; 10-21-2021 at 04:11 AM..
Old 05-22-2022, 04:26 AM   #90 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Recently i embedded an MPGuino into the dash of my ford falcon ute. It was a challenge coming up with a way to control the unit without a touch screen with a single switch, but she worked beautifully.

Ecky (05-22-2022)
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
colour, lcd, mpguino, tft, touch