Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2022, 01:11 PM   #91 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Nice work integrating that into your cluster - it fits right in, which is impressive!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-22-2022, 06:42 AM   #92 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Awesome job of getting MPGuino working with Bluetooth!

Do you mind if I incorporate that support into my code, so that your app can work with it?
Old 03-28-2023, 08:22 AM   #93 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Of course man! The code is on my website. It's at the bottom of the main MPGuino script. Check the variables I use, I forget what names i used but you'll figure it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to abbalooga For This Useful Post:
t vago (05-26-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 07:36 PM   #94 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
The installation was super easy. I can take some pictures of the 92 CX installation - basically just splicing two wires right at the ECU with some wire splice connectors, and finding a switched 12v source.
Reviving an old thread.
I have a 1993 DX Hatch / Auto / no tachometer.
I think my ECU might be the same as yours.
I ordered one of these, and it looks like an excellent unit.
The build quality it superb ( I was even impressed with the way that the wires were packaged )
I had a SuperMID yeaes ago, and just wired directly into the wiring on one of the fuel injectors, the VSS unit, and a 12V power source from the main relay.
This time, I'd like to keep things a bit more tidy.
Care to share the wiring from your ECU ?
- Thanks !
Old 05-22-2023, 09:35 PM   #95 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
- Bump -
Old 06-20-2023, 01:38 PM   #96 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

I purchased a v5.8 revision of this MPGuino colour touch from abbalooga and am now in receipt of it.

I think I have all of the pinouts figured out, so I will work in the next few weeks to convert my MPGuino version to work on this board.
Old 08-05-2023, 06:05 AM   #97 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Got Bluetooth support figured out. It took a few days, but my code I think works correctly with the MPGuinoBlue app now.

I noticed a few things - first, on the displays, your code pauses once every 3.5 seconds. I assume this is to allow the hardware to be able to accept incoming commands from the smartphone?

Second, I noticed that whenever "RESET TRIP" or "REFILL TANK" are selected, but then cancelled out of, the displays pause. It appears to be because the app does not send a "resume display" command.

Third, I noticed that on the "resume display" command, a 0 value also gets transmitted from the app to the MPGuino Colour Touch, in the same fashion that the app transmits the changed parameters.
The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
abbalooga (08-05-2023)
Old 08-05-2023, 06:18 AM   #98 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

1. The MPGuino shouldn't pause? There's no code that causes a wait every 7 cycles (3.5 seconds). Hmmm.. Thats news to me! None of the units I have here seem to do that, I'll look into it! Is that on the hardware as I shipped it?

2. AH! the pause on refill. Is this when you try and refill from the app? I'll look into that too.

3. Is that an issue? A rouge 0 shouldn't affect things but I'll see where it comes from.

I haven't run into any problems using the APP with the units as they're shipped. I haven't come across the pause when cancelling a refill though, that's important to fix!

I appreciate the bugs man! I'll fix them asap.
Old 08-05-2023, 06:38 AM   #99 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbalooga View Post
1. The MPGuino shouldn't pause? There's no code that causes a wait every 7 cycles (3.5 seconds). Hmmm.. Thats news to me! None of the units I have here seem to do that, I'll look into it! Is that on the hardware as I shipped it?
It's a pause of 1/2 a second, that occurs once every 3.5 seconds. I, ah, didn't test the hardware before I started developing my code to run on it, but I have flashed the hardware with v25 of your code and I have seen this behavior there.

It's not a big deal otherwise, and I'm not even sure it could be classified as a bug. The original 0.86 version of MPGuino, and the meelis11 version you based your code on, didn't really lend itself well to supporting anything besides a standard 16x2 LCD, which is one of the reasons why I created my code. That you were able to get both TFT, touch, and Bluetooth support to work with this code is actually pretty impressive. This periodic delay might well be necessary with your code - I just don't know.

I can modify my code to duplicate this behavior if it is needed for something that I didn't otherwise take into account. Heck, adding this behavior might solve the bug I am seeing in my code, that it occasionally just stops sending updates to the app once a parameter is changed, even though it received the "resume display" command from the app.

Here's the relevant part of your code. I've boldfaced the lines that cause this behavior to manifest.

Code:
  //senddd=0;
  if (senddd==1) {	// output state machine set to output selected trip functions
    loopnz=loopnz+1;			// output selected function result list, 7 out of 8 loops
    if (loopnz>=2 && loopnz<=8){
      Serial1.print("U"+String(parms[currentTripResetTimeoutUSIdx]));
      delay2(20);
      Serial1.print("A"+String(instantmph()/10));
      delay2(20); 
      Serial1.print("B"+String(batteryVoltage()));
      delay2(20); 
      Serial1.print("C"+String(tank.gallons()/10));
      delay2(20); 
      Serial1.print("D"+String(current.miles()/10));
      delay2(20); 
      Serial1.print("E"+String(tank.miles()/10));
      delay2(20); 
      Serial1.print("F"+String(getDTE()/10));
      delay2(20);
      Serial1.print("G"+String(instantrpm()/1000));
      delay2(20);
      if(instantmph()==0) 
        Serial1.print("H"+String(instantgph()/10));
      else 
        Serial1.print("H"+String(instantmpg()/10));
      delay2(20);
      Serial1.print("I"+String(current.mpg()/10));
      delay2(20);
      Serial1.print("J"+String(tank.mpg()/10));
      delay2(20);
      Serial1.print("L"+String(current.gallons()/10));
      delay2(20);

}
  }
  if (loopnz==8) {
    //senddd=2;
    loopnz=0;
  }
Quote:
2. AH! the pause on refill. Is this when you try and refill from the app? I'll look into that too.
Yes. Probably just need to ensure the app transmits the "resume display" command if either the "RESET TRIP" or the "REFILL TANK" options are cancelled out of.

Quote:
3. Is that an issue? A rouge 0 shouldn't affect things but I'll see where it comes from.
Nope, it's not an issue at all. I was thinking perhaps you included it to add some sort of functionality in the future. I currently save that value the smartphone sends, but I don't do anything else with it.

Quote:
I haven't run into any problems using the APP with the units as they're shipped. I haven't come across the pause when cancelling a refill though, that's important to fix!

I appreciate the bugs man! I'll fix them asap.
Thank you for your help and support! I am looking forward to getting TFT and touch support added - one of the things I want to incorporate is some basic gesture support within the touchscreen.
The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
abbalooga (08-05-2023)
Old 08-05-2023, 06:57 AM   #100 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

AH! v25!!
I'll upload the lastest code. I'm up to about 29 now. Not sure why I had the loopz flag there. I'm a madman when I code.

Not just that, I'm about to release a version with an SD card that logs data each fill, and 5 fully customizable screens so anyone can have the parameters how they like, amongst the two display layouts All using the touch screen to edit.

The version i shipped also had color images saved in eeprom for a nicer image when the injector is/isnt firing

I'll get the new code up once I get these SD card units ready to ship I have 2 prototypes spare (3 already have prospective homes). I just need to finish the code for browsing the previous fill data once saved on the card.

The Following User Says Thank You to abbalooga For This Useful Post:
t vago (08-05-2023)
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
colour, lcd, mpguino, tft, touch