Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Forum News & Feedback
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2021, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
Need assistance

I'm formally asking for assistance in dealing with Julian Edgar, at the Aerodynamics Forum.
Lately, it seems as if no communication of mine goes unmet by an attack on his part. In his mind, he may think that his posts are considered within the bounds of acceptable debate etiquette. However, being on the receiving end of it, at over a year now, has pushed me to the limit.
If someone might take a look at my most recent post, about US Design Patents, the contents of what I posted, and Mr. Edgar's response, I'd appreciate it.
I've never, in my life, been spoken to in the manner Julian Edgar speaks to me.
My upbringing conditioned me to defend myself.
Facts, supporting data, tact, and diplomacy don't appear to make any difference. All is met by the same stream of characterization which I don't feel adequately represents what I do here at EcoModder.com.
While I was an honors student in college English, perhaps the world changed around me in the interim period, and it's now fashionable to loosen one's tongue in normal conversation.
Anyway, thanks in advance of any help you can offer. Sincerely, Philip Knox ( aka aerohead )

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-18-2021, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,380 Times in 3,354 Posts
You both seem to be perfectly suited to annoy each other. While I'd prefer that Julian communicate more respectfully in response to your posts, we don't always get what we want and we can't let that get under our skin.

If it causes you to be unhappy, it might be best to place Julian on "Ignore".

The finer points of aerodynamics don't interest me enough to parse through the quibbles on this forum, but it's perfectly reasonable to challenge something that is at odds with one's own understanding.

I'm not going to look at the recent thread or take a side, but instead just encourage you to care less what a stranger on the internet says about you. If it's a matter of fact, you've got the opportunity to respond to the facts as presented, otherwise you can simply ignore it.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 06-18-2021, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
I wanted to post this but the thread was locked. Someone is looking out for you.

Quote:
Trade dress
Trade dress is the characteristics of the visual appearance of a product or its packaging that signify the source of the product to consumers. Trade dress is a form of intellectual property.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_dress

Your 'Paris dressmakers'.

As for the plea for help, welcome to Internet. Pick one: duckduckgo.com/?q=welcome+to+internet&iax=images&ia=images. I'll go with:

Remember, don't feed the trolls.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Let's talk about something else.

Hull Form Design - Doing better than a floating brick

A primer on hydrodynamic hull forms. There exist SWATH vessels (catamarans). There once existed the Czars circular yachts. And hypothetical semisubmersible narco freighters.

I hypothesize a prolate spheroid with a conning tower.... houseboat.