Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

welcome to em darkrider

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-01-2011, 02:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via AIM to Darkrider Send a message via MSN to Darkrider Send a message via Yahoo to Darkrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
It might be cheaper to find a JDM replacement engine for your car, not sure what they go for in Canada, but here in the US, they're pretty cheap.

Here's an example, wrong year (Its OBDII), but right motor, you could still use it, you would just have to canibalize all your sensors n' stuff from the old motor. $850 US 45k miles.

JDM INTEGRA B18B LS ENGINE B18 MOTOR OBD2 B20B GSR B16A - eBay (item 150554522129 end time Feb-05-11 12:11:10 PST)
That isnt a bad price, The one engine supplier that i checked here in canada has the B20B for $650. So im not sure which way to go there. Bringing up coyote X again for a second he used LRR tires that would fit our integras as well if you have 14" wheels. The 175/70R14 tires he used are only .3 mm taller then the 195/60R14s that are equipped on the Integras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade View Post
welcome to em darkrider
Thank you!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
He ain't gonna die!

Tree Catcher - '94 Acura Integra LS
90 day: 32.12 mpg (US)

The Old Dog - '92 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 31.58 mpg (US)
I found that engine without trying very hard, I'm sure you could find more, but that one is JDM and really low mileage.

I'm actually going to get some aftermarket lightweight and cool looking 16" wheels for my car, with the CF hood and rear hatch it'll look silly with stock hubcaps. I still want the car to look like an Integra, so it won't be getting any boattails or stuff like that, but weight reduction, engine swap, bellypan, lower suspension, air dam... stuff you can't really see...that' I'm down for.

I might...MIGHT put clear lexan caps over my aftermarket wheels for aerodynamic purposes, but it'll depend on what they look like, and the mileage difference I observe.

An Integra is essentially a civic with a bigger motor, so getting the weight to within a couple hundred pounds of a civic should be doable. Couple that with similar aero to a VX hatch, and the VX lean burn engine, and I see no reason why I can't pull 50+ mpg with the Teggy.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via AIM to Darkrider Send a message via MSN to Darkrider Send a message via Yahoo to Darkrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
I found that engine without trying very hard, I'm sure you could find more, but that one is JDM and really low mileage.

I'm actually going to get some aftermarket lightweight and cool looking 16" wheels for my car, with the CF hood and rear hatch it'll look silly with stock hubcaps. I still want the car to look like an Integra, so it won't be getting any boattails or stuff like that, but weight reduction, engine swap, bellypan, lower suspension, air dam... stuff you can't really see...that' I'm down for.

I might...MIGHT put clear lexan caps over my aftermarket wheels for aerodynamic purposes, but it'll depend on what they look like, and the mileage difference I observe.

An Integra is essentially a civic with a bigger motor, so getting the weight to within a couple hundred pounds of a civic should be doable. Couple that with similar aero to a VX hatch, and the VX lean burn engine, and I see no reason why I can't pull 50+ mpg with the Teggy.
Very attainable goals with these cars since like you said they are basically civics with larger engines. I think the tegs especially the 98+ and JDM versions have a bit of an edge areo wise compared the Civic hatch backs. One thing im not sure about is if our integras use Electronic VSS units or mechanical. If they were electronic it would be simple to recalibrate them for a slightly larger tire like the LRR tires that Coyote X is running on his metro, Well i guess a mechanical can be reset up as well with gear swaps.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

What i might do instead of changing to a 98+ front end is make some lexan covers for the stock nose to make the healdight openings flush with the nose piece. Just a random thought though.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
He ain't gonna die!

I've had the same thought, but I can't come up with an idea to execute that cleanly. I had thought of making some clear lexan "plugs" that would fill the holes and make the front end flush, but I have no idea how I would do that. Maybe Vacuum forming over styrofoam dummy plugs?

Old 02-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

hmmm now that you mention that i dont really have any ideas as to how to execute it...it might be easier in the long run just to convert to the newer front end since it achieves the same thing.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
He ain't gonna die!

Sure, if you could find a way to do it for free. I doubt the gain would be measurable in the real world.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Well theres a couple other reasons for going with the newer front end besides the FE. the front end on my '94 is coming apart at the gap between the two halves of it, and its got some tears in it near the lights due to the car being in a mild accident before i bought it.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
He ain't gonna die!

Hey Darkrider, I just started a thread in Ecomodder Central to track the progress I make on my Integra project, could be of interest to you;

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ect-16033.html

Reply  Post New Thread