Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #211 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
The main thing I need is time. haha. So, if you can hook a brother up with a space-time distortion device, that would be perfect! I'm basically done with a BMS and a 6kW charger and 1000amp SR controller, and then once it's all tested, I'll go back to this. I have some igbts in the garage and most of the initial circuit is finished. The software won't be too bad. I just need about 2 months of only working on this.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #212 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
The AC inverter got put back on the back burner. Paul has been working on his 6kW charger and his BMS system. When those are done, along with the SR version on the 144V controller, then he will be finishing this up.

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com
Old 03-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #213 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
The guy needs a sabbatical, working too damn hard.

Give it a rest, Paul!

Old 03-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #214 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Can someone help me ;

I need this chip : HEF4752
Can you get in your area , how much does it cost ?

Thanks !
Old 03-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #215 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I was all ready to get cranking on my AC design, then my basement decided to flood this morning. So my day consisted of way too much water vacuuming and not enough EV. Then I tried to take my EV out for a joy ride, and most of the roads are closed due to flooding.

Tonight I hope to get started on schematics and making a wish list of parts. I am going to start rather small, 275 AMP 156 Volt 3 Phase for my ACGTX20 motor, but should be easily upgradeable to anything higher.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #216 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSGC View Post
I was all ready to get cranking on my AC design, then my basement decided to flood this morning. So my day consisted of way too much water vacuuming and not enough EV. Then I tried to take my EV out for a joy ride, and most of the roads are closed due to flooding.

Tonight I hope to get started on schematics and making a wish list of parts. I am going to start rather small, 275 AMP 156 Volt 3 Phase for my ACGTX20 motor, but should be easily upgradeable to anything higher.
Bummer David!

My farmhouse (I don't live there!) floods in the spring when the frost goes...
I chopped into the old cement floor, put a sump well in, and drilled a bunch of holes in the side -- Now all the water finds its way to the well UNDER the floor and I pump it out with an automatic sump .. Not much gets into the floor anymore...

I will keep lurking on the AC controller as I want to try a trike with one next!
Old 03-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #217 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave koller View Post
Bummer David!

My farmhouse (I don't live there!) floods in the spring when the frost goes...
I chopped into the old cement floor, put a sump well in, and drilled a bunch of holes in the side -- Now all the water finds its way to the well UNDER the floor and I pump it out with an automatic sump .. Not much gets into the floor anymore...

I will keep lurking on the AC controller as I want to try a trike with one next!
There are two sump pumps running and I was using 2 dry/wet vacs just to keep up with the water!

Anyways, I have made a preliminary parts list:
1x PIC18F2331
3x Tamura L01Z600S05
3x CM300DU-24F IGBT Modules
6x EC4A02H 12-12v DC/DC
1x EC3B01 12-5v DC/DC
6x UCC37322 9A Gate Driver
16x 250v 470uF Capacitors

It's about $325 in parts that I need to collect. The crazy thing about 3 Phase is that you need 6 gate drivers and 6 isolated DC/DC converters, or else you get shorts in the drivers! The 11"x17" paper is coming out and I will start the schematic for the 3 Phase Power Section, then I will move onto the logic board. I have a feeling the hardware will be the easy part, and the software is what is going to take eternity!

I will be starting off with a PIC18F2331, and may go to a dsPIC. I already have 1 CM600DU-24F IGBT module, 2 Tamura senors and a box of PICs.

I also have to figure out how the Encoder works on my motor so I can get Vector Control/FOC working in the future.

Last edited by TheSGC; 03-15-2010 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: Changed PIC
Old 03-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #218 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I have started the high power section on my design, and I have been reading the Microchip document AN900 along with a few others here: Motor Control Design Center

I think I will be starting off with basic Voltage-frequency with current feedback until I figure out the encoder on the back of my motor, which I may take a look at soon.

Of course like any project, money always seems to be absent. I had this bin of money that I had been saving for EV related projects that was emptied last Saturday by my Dad and now has an huge IOU in it.

Until I get mulah, or donated parts, I will be designing away and maybe working on the PIC side of it.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:47 AM   #219 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

You can get free pic samples from microchip. Only takes about a week these days. I got a bunch of dspics last week.
The Following User Says Thank You to jackbauer For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (03-17-2010)
Old 03-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #220 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbauer View Post
You can get free pic samples from microchip. Only takes about a week these days. I got a bunch of dspics last week.
WOW! They removed the processing fee! Back in 2007/2008 I was using the free samples to gather some PICs for the school projects I was working on, but when they added a fee I stopped.

I just placed an order for 6 samples of dsPICs and I will start my logic section of the controller based off the dsPIC. I am reading AN900 and AN908 to get an idea on how I should design my setup. Microchip documents use the same 3 Phase setup that Paul is using, but I have to build something with a little more pep.

Reply  Post New Thread