Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2018, 01:20 PM   #3331 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,111 Times in 980 Posts
Voltage on the phases or voltage between the phases? I would think between phases should be zero.

Tried to use a high impedance dvm on the gate pins? Should swing from 5 neg to positive 15, I think, depending on driver specs.

I'm not a pro, just a casual comment

esali1987 (01-01-2019)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-28-2018, 09:32 PM   #3332 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by esali1987 View Post
I now have a good throttle signal and HV hooked up to the IGBTs. Phase to phase I dont get any signal and I am not really sure where I should measure to see the control voltage from the IGBTs. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!
Sorry - I didn't see this as a new post for some reason

Agreed - voltages should swing from slightly negative (-3V or -5V) to about 15V.

I don't have access to my controller - it will be Jan 2 before I can go home and look. I should look at that in any case to determine if I killed my control board when I killed my IGBTs, or if I just killed the IGBTs.

The IGBTs are driven (or they were in my version ) by through-hole connections direct to the IGBT pins. I don't remember how many pins, or what the signals are for each. That's what I'd have to look up.
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
esali1987 (01-01-2019)
Old 01-01-2019, 07:55 PM   #3333 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Sorry I wasn't very clear on that first one. So for the motor, there is continuity between all three phases and high resistance between the ground and phases of the motor. This is good.
For the Board, without 54.6 VDC on the High voltage line, I am getting 0.33 VAC from the 6 gates to GND. With the HV on at 54.6 VDC, it is 2.7 VAC on all the gates and to the 3 phases? None of this is changing with throttle action. This is normal?
I probably couldn't get the motor to do anything anyway as I am trying to make a siemens PMAC 1FV5139 do something. Motor is not hooked up for this instance.

Thanks for all the help!
Old 01-03-2019, 10:33 AM   #3334 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,111 Times in 980 Posts
Starting with: are you using an auto ranging / auto sensing meter? Vac on a gate driver doesn't make sense. Could be an ac signal on a dc offset?

O'Scope would help here.
esali1987 (01-03-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 10:06 AM   #3335 (permalink)
Ale Madeo

Question run-rotor-test

Hi!
I need help with the run-pi-test and run-rotor-test commands.
I have my controller, batteries and motor connected. When I send run-pi-test or run-rotor-test nothing happend, never tell me nothing on terminal, the motor doesnt spin.

Hopefull for someone can help me
thanks!
Old 01-05-2019, 06:31 PM   #3336 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale0502 View Post
Hi!
I need help with the run-pi-test and run-rotor-test commands.
I have my controller, batteries and motor connected. When I send run-pi-test or run-rotor-test nothing happend, never tell me nothing on terminal, the motor doesnt spin.

Hopefull for someone can help me
thanks!
The rotor-test does not spin the motor. It sends some pulses into the motor and measures the voltage and current. I think Paul calculates the inductance, reactance, and resistance values he needs for his torque formulas using the rotor-test

If I remember, you need to have a throttle connected for that test to run properly. The throttle signal does not need to be moving, but the signal needs to be in range so that the test will run.

You can log the raw throttle value with this

stream-time 1
stream-raw-throttle 1
stream-throttle 1
data-stream-period 1000

If your raw throttle is above your fault-throttle-position value I think you are OK.

I think the throttle needs to be there for run-rotor-test as well.

Run-rotor-test did not work well for me. My motor is large enough, and the signals were noisy enough, that the system never 'converged'. The idea is to try a bunch of values for KP and KI and use the values that give you the fastest response of the motor without having the motor current go OVER the commanded current.

You can try run-pi-test, but if it does not work try set KP and KI then run-pi-test2 and it will print out a string of numbers. If it gets down to 0 within about 10 lines and does not go below 0, those numbers for Kp and Ki will work OK. It's not an exact science. And the number change with the pack voltage. So if you have numbers that work OK for a 48V pack they will not be very fast for 144V pack, even with everything else the same.

This is my config for my siemens AC motor
Code:
config
p=04000 i=00064
current-sensor-amps-per-volt=0480
max-regen-position=0025
min-regen-position=0400
min-throttle-position=0624
max-throttle-position=0972
fault-throttle-position=0005
max-battery-amps=0400 amps
max-battery-amps-regen=0400 amps
max-motor-amps=400 amps
max-motor-amps-regen=400 amps
precharge-time=0050 tenths of a sec
rotor-time-constant=018 ms
pole-pairs=002
max-rpm=06000 rev/min
throttle-type=0
encoder-ticks=1000 ticks/rev
stator-resistance=01024 mOhm
stator-inductance=00030 mHenry
rotor-inductance=00030 mHenry
pack-voltage=124 volts
pi-ratio=062
raw-throttle=0000
I think Paul starts out with

P=2500
I=100

Or something like that. He sets P and divides by 25 ... or was it 40? ... to get I

Hope this ... sort of meandering description .. helped a bit. That's all I can remember for problems so far. Let us know when you've confirmed the throttle is OK and we'll see if we can help from there. My poor memory is often triggered by descriptions of things that I know I saw ... but can't remember until someone mentions it!
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
ale0502 (01-05-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 07:03 PM   #3337 (permalink)
Ale Madeo

Question

Hi, thanks for your reply!

My throttle is ok, I have a potentiometer connected and can move the values between 140 to 700.
I can see I have a different code of you. I dont have "stator-resistance", "stator-inductance" and "rotor-inductance" on my config, where can I get that code? I am running version of github:
https://github.com/MPaulHolmes/AC-Controller

thanks a lot
Old 01-05-2019, 08:45 PM   #3338 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale0502 View Post
Hi, thanks for your reply!

My throttle is ok, I have a potentiometer connected and can move the values between 140 to 700.
I can see I have a different code of you. I dont have "stator-resistance", "stator-inductance" and "rotor-inductance" on my config, where can I get that code? I am running version of github:
https://github.com/MPaulHolmes/AC-Controller

thanks a lot
Your code is at least 2 years newer than mine. There are likely a bunch of reasons to keep running the newer code.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:54 AM   #3339 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I am assembling the AC controller, can anyone just confirm that connection PIN 1 (Vref (IN/OUT) on the current sensor ( HASS 200-S) is NOT used:

does it matter on the thickness of the cable ( I have some 3core 0.2mm signal wire I can use)

Thanks
Old 01-13-2019, 11:25 AM   #3340 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BMW02 View Post
I am assembling the AC controller, can anyone just confirm that connection PIN 1 (Vref (IN/OUT) on the current sensor ( HASS 200-S) is NOT used:

does it matter on the thickness of the cable ( I have some 3core 0.2mm signal wire I can use)

Thanks
The polarized connector has 4 pins, and only 3 of them are used. With the tab at the top, and me facing the current sensor, it is the one on the right that is not used. I can't read the sensor when it is mounted ... but it's likely pin 1.

You are correct that the size (gauge) of the cable is not an issue. Voltage signal only, no current flow. As long as you can crimp the female connector pins onto your wire you should be good.

Sorry it took so long for me to notice that you posted. I must have acknowledged the ecomodder 'new message' notification and not had time to investigate right away.

Reply  Post New Thread