Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2009, 01:45 AM   #1501 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlaing View Post
Paul, if you have already checked out the code, you should see the same files as here: /trunk - Open ReVolt - Trac
Then you move your code, c and project files, into the directory you want. Add the files to svn, and then commit your changes.
If this doesn't help, where are you running into problems?
All I know is I have a bunch of new code that I'm supposed to "commit" to some thing so others can read it. I downloaded some program, so that when the downloaded program is running, if I right click on the software project, it gives various options. None of those options are called "commit", so I don't know how to "commit". If it seems like I have no idea what I'm talking about, it's because I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I finished drilling the five 5/16" holes in one of the copper heat spreaders. That's a total of drilling through 7.5" of solid copper. yuck. The rubbing alcohol really comes in handy for that.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-31-2009, 02:23 AM   #1502 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

How does the rubbing alcohol help? And where did this idea come from?
Old 05-31-2009, 03:34 AM   #1503 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj12b View Post
Hey Paul,

A simple way to solder the bus bars to the board would be to add the solder to the board, rub some rosin on the rail and lay it on the the spot to be soldered to and then place it in the hot oven. Keep an eye on it, and take it out carefully when the solder melts. A heat gun would work as well, or heating the buss bar on the grill and then placing it on the solder.

Just thinking out loud. lol

-Adam
I think that your last idea of the grill or even just lay the buss accross the stove top burner should work well. keep in mind that you dont want to get the board it self too hot or it will delaminate; you only want the buss just hot enough to melt the solder.

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/garage/cars/143

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums...tor-32083.html
Old 05-31-2009, 08:34 AM   #1504 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Paul, I use turtlesvn on windows so I don't have to remember commands. I can check it in if you like for the time being of course, no problem.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:49 AM   #1505 (permalink)
PaulH

Yes! turtle svn was the name of the program I downloaded! When I run that, it says its a shell, and I can go read all about how it works in the documentation or I can right click on stuff, and it gives me various turtle svn options. To send stuff to that place with all the other programs, I thought there'd be an option like "upload stuff to remote server" or something like that. Evidently commit means to upload, so I'd even be happy with the option of "commit" hehe. But I didn't see any of the options on there as being related to sending stuff to a remote location. I'll email it to you, dcb.

Rubbing alcohol idea: That was from one of the master ecomodders on here. Maybe dremd? It makes it so the bit doesn't stick to the metal that's being drilled through. I would have thought that it could catch on fire or something, but instead it makes the drilling like 10000 times easier! I was able to drill through 60 mm thick pieces of aluminum with a 1/5 HP baby drill press with that method. I wouldn't have ever guessed to try it, but it works! By the way, I get the 99% pure Safeway rubbing alcohol. I've never tried the 70% pure type before.

EDIT: Hey, I think I sent it! I had to go to REPO BROWSER. Duh! hahaha! Then I dragged and dropped (which I never do, I was desperate) the file onto the REPO BROWSER.

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 05-31-2009 at 12:08 PM..
Old 05-31-2009, 12:11 PM   #1506 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I will have to try that, Its a new idea to me. Does it work with all soft metals or just copper?

Thanks' Torry
Old 05-31-2009, 12:13 PM   #1507 (permalink)
PaulH

I'm not sure, but it definitely works for aluminum too. I was having a HORRIBLE time with aluminum before doing that. If you are doing a really deep hole, add a few drops down the hole, drill maybe 1/8" of an inch, pull it out, repeat. It's sort of tedious, but much easier than the alternative.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:11 PM   #1508 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Sounds like you're using TortoiseSVN. here's a good tutorial for using it.

It sounds like Tortoise doesn't understand that the file you right-clicked on is under its control. Is it a new file? Did you move it from where it was created when you "checked out" the project?

Try right-clicking on the project folder. It should have a check mark in front of it, like this.

EDIT: Oops, just saw your edit. Oh well, it's a good tutorial anyways.

Last edited by MissileStick; 05-31-2009 at 02:23 PM..
Old 05-31-2009, 02:14 PM   #1509 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Ok, but the thing to note is that svn will keep old versions of a file around so you don't have to keep renaming it. In that way it is simpler to track changes (i.e. if something breaks in a new version of a file, and there is one and only one main file to contend with.

The tricky part is getting started with your local copy. So you have checked in HighVoltageControllerRefactoredISRReorganized.c, lets rename that to plain old HighVoltageController.c, put a tag on it V20090531 ) and everyone who cares can check out that version and we can synch back to that version later.

Then new revisions can get updated since the file exists and your local svn knows about it and can show you what has changed, as opposed to the tons of files with random filenames method
Old 05-31-2009, 04:20 PM   #1510 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Corolla bandit - '05 Toyota Corolla CE
Paul,
Is the code not working because you don't reenable the interrupts after copying the variables?
The code would be easier to read with nicer variable names. I suggest globalISRcurrent, temp and throttle. globalADCMode, and globalISRcounter. I think everything else can be a local variables. throttle, current and temperature, currentSum, etc. Eliminating tmp and _ variables.
David

Reply  Post New Thread