Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2009, 09:18 PM   #2221 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Here's the video

Intrigued (08-31-2009)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #2222 (permalink)
Deadly Efficient

Olivia - '03 Pontiac Vibe base
90 day: 36.01 mpg (US)

R2-D2 - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.81 mpg (US)
Paul, I watched the whole thing. Even the part where they sang in the dark. Who you forgot to credit, by the way. Ha ha! Maybe it's just because it's late, but you make me laugh.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:17 AM   #2223 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thumbs up thanks and great work

Hi Paul and everyone else,

I was searching the net last Friday with great frustration looking for a circuit that may help be build a speed controller for an EV. Well look what I found, some great people from all over the world doing just that, so after many hours reading through your thread (brain a little fuzzy) and printing some of the circuit diagrams, I just have to build one of these.

I have a background in electronics and computers and currently working with off grid solar/wind power systems. I also have some excess power that I would like to dispose of by charging EV batteries.

Would be great if I could catch up with some of the Aussies in this thread regarding bulk purchases and possible sourcing of locally made components.

Again great work by all and Paul you are an inspiration to us (God Bless)

Andrew
Old 09-01-2009, 03:50 AM   #2224 (permalink)
PaulH

Hey Hydroplasma! You should PM mcudogs. He's the MAN (and he's from Australia).
Old 09-01-2009, 07:24 AM   #2225 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Hey Hydroplasma! You should PM mcudogs. He's the MAN (and he's from Australia).
Yes, and take a look at the forum at The Australian Electric Vehicle Asn: Open Source DC controller where a few aussies have been discussing P&S's great job.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #2226 (permalink)
faster Fiero

cool mill

Paul, forgive me, I am jealous of your cnc mill. Great job mounting the motors and making it all work. You now have something that can really start making you some $ if you want. I started my business in my garage 10 years ago and haven't looked back since. Anyway, great video!! I know how rewarding it is when you get a machine to do something for you that used to be a pain. Just make sure you pay it well and offer it health insurance and a 401K to keep it happy!!!

Hondo
Old 09-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #2227 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Still Here and Lurking...

Hey, I am still inundated by the new house never-ending-project list, but if you are getting to a place where the controller is ready to go and selling kits, still would not mind lining one up for a winter build.

The house I moved into is on a small series of lakes that only allow electric trolling motors to be used. I wonder if I build a 500A trolling motor and take my wife water-skiing in electric silence if I will be booted from the home-owners association?
Intrigued (09-07-2009)
Old 09-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #2228 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

EV Components just cashed my check for my Synkro, so it should be coming soon. Now I am in college with the semester starting tomorrow and my account just got emptied, oh well.

A feature that I would like to see on the Revolt is a current sensor on the battery side so you can limit the battery current to keep the abuse low on the floodies. Maybe it can be done in the software, but a hardware limit would be nice.

I am slowly working on a full BMS, so maybe it would be nice to have some sort of universal interface on the controller to add things like BMS input if the batteries are getting low or abused.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:34 AM   #2229 (permalink)
PaulH

Hey Lou! Blame Sabrina! hahaha I have no idea what goes on with taxes. She tried to explain it to me one day, and I got bored. I guess I'll ask her about it. You are supposed to charge the person the tax rate of the place they are from I think, but I'm not sure. I believe that was what I was told by her after she talked to the washington state government people.

Does anyone know if you are only supposed to charge people tax if they are from the state you are from? As a side note, I had no idea how unfriendly Washington state is to small businesses.

I'm going to do a google search right now........ OK, I'm back. Why do taxes have to be so complicated. I learned nothing from my reading. Does anyone have an online shop? How does it work!?

another video soon. hehe
Old 09-02-2009, 01:46 AM   #2230 (permalink)
PaulH

Lou,

I took the tax option off the store site. Having not done something like this before, I'm not a tax expert. I just took the advice of someone else who seemed to know tax stuff and was trying my best to be lawful.

Sorry about all the trouble. If you notice any other problems with the site please let me know.

sabrina@paulandsabrinasevstuff.com

I check that often, so I could fix things right away if you send something that way.

Thanks.

-Sabrina

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 09-02-2009 at 01:47 AM.. Reason: changed of to off.
Reply  Post New Thread