Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2011, 05:02 AM   #5071 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

i think i just found what i was looking for, on the wiki. it has all of the pcb files along with the BOM for each controller revision. i'm at home on my little laptop right now (and also it's bed time) so i can't view gerber files, but as soon as i do that, i can match up the pcb layers to figure out which edition of the board i have and then start building it up still so much to learn.

today i built a vacuum cannon, by putting box tape over both ends of a piece of PVC pipe, pulling a (strong) vacuum on the pipe, and then puncturing the tape at one end of the pipe. anything you put inside the pipe before you seal the ends with tape gets blasted out the opposite end when the tape seal breaks. if anyone wants to have a look i'll stick up a video somewhere. i know it's a little off topic for this thread...but i did it in the same room i'm working on the controller in, so it kind of counts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isaac_alaska For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (09-11-2011), mpgmike (01-20-2022)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #5072 (permalink)
EV Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatmann100 View Post
Hi Paul, Adam, and everyone else! Not much to report from here, still driving the car everyday. It's been over 2 years now with 7,000 trouble free miles. I have one little problem. I can't seem to get the RTD explorer to load. I want to change a couple of settings but each time I try I to run the RTD program I get an error code saying its not loaded due to what looks like a "Deployment" issue. Has anyone encountered this before?

I have deleted and reloaded the program a few times getting the same message every time.

When I connect to the controller to my laptop and type in "config" nothing happens and no data.

This is the only problem an aside from this I'll tell ya. I wish I had built my electric car sooner!!!!.

Mike
Hi.. can you post the exact error message? maybe I can help..
Old 09-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #5073 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Does the cannon use fossil fuels? I think not! This is the fossil fuel free forum. I can't wait to see it!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #5074 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

E-car - '84 Toyota Corolla LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by flores View Post
Hi.. can you post the exact error message? maybe I can help..
Hello Flores, The details of the fault code are quite lengthy but I'll give it a try.

I load the RTD explorer and when i try and start the program I get:" Cannot start application check network connection or contact your system administrator or network service provider".

When I look at the "details tab" in the text box I get, and this is where its going to get lengthy you read that there looks to be a remote name that could not be resolved and therefore the program does not deploy. I do not write code so all i see is a lot of code.!

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7600.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.237
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/MikeS/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp5_publish.zip/publish/RTDExplorer.application
Deployment Provider url : http://bobert5064-win7/RTDExplorer/R...er.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\MikeS\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp5_publish.zi p\publish\RTDExplorer.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Downloading http://bobert5064-win7/RTDExplorer/R...er.application did not succeed.
+ The remote name could not be resolved: 'bobert5064-win7'

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [9/11/2011 3:25:12 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\MikeS\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp5_publish.zi p\publish\RTDExplorer.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [9/11/2011 3:25:15 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadEx ception (Unknown subtype)
- Downloading http://bobert5064-win7/RTDExplorer/R...er.application did not succeed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader. DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader. DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Downl oad(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.Down loadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.Down loadDeploymentManifestDirect(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.Foll owDeploymentProviderUri(SubscriptionStore subStore, AssemblyManifest& deployment, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.Down loadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- The remote name could not be resolved: 'bobert5064-win7'
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader. DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #5075 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Flores, sorry for all the code but with all that said. What happens when I try and use the RTD explorer is that it looks to start OK and I connect on COM3 but there is no communication, no graphing, no inputs from the controller. Matter of fact why the program indicates I'm connected is another issue.

My laptop suffered a catastrophic failure a few months ago. After loading windows 7 it really hasn't run all that well.

This week I'm going to borrow another laptop and see if that works.

But I'll take any help I can get. By the way the Hyperterminal program did not help.

Mike
Old 09-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #5076 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I have used hyperterminal on Win 7, so I know it works. I have found rtd explorer to be a bit buggy on Win7, but other users are reporting it works fine on win 7. Make sure you have hyper terminal set for 19200 baud 8-N-1. I am assuming you are using a serial to usb cable. Open device manager and see which com port it has been assigned to, it changes on mine just about every time I use it. That's why I now use moserial on linux, a bit more friendly and stable than hyperterm on win7.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #5077 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Greg, I have never used Hyperterminal before. I'll try it again and see what happens.

Thanks, Mike
Old 09-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #5078 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Content Not Found | Facebook

Content Not Found | Facebook

here ya go guys. 100% free of hydrocarbons!

*edit* apparently it's only open to people with facebook...let me know if the links work for you guys. i'm working on trying to upload them another way though

Last edited by isaac_alaska; 09-11-2011 at 07:34 PM..
Old 09-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #5079 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatmann100 View Post
Greg, I have never used Hyperterminal before. I'll try it again and see what happens.

Thanks, Mike
Let me know if you still can't get it to work and I will try tomorrow on my win 7 machine and report the steps to get it working.

Greg
Old 09-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #5080 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Alright, My turn. lol

RTD Explorer is compiled on a win 7 machine. If it doesnt run right on your win 7 machine, its a local conflict. I have not been able to replicate most problems that get mentioned once.

If you can connect to the controller but dont get any data, try typing config and see if it brings up the parameters. If so, set rtd-period 100.

Keep us updated.

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com
The Following User Says Thank You to adamj12b For This Useful Post:
Flatmann100 (09-12-2011)
Reply  Post New Thread