Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2015, 12:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Turtle - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 48.37 mpg (US)

SVO - '86 Ford Mustang SVO
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 22.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by awcook View Post
Those new mirrors will be better for aerodynamics because they are closer to the car which means less frontal area (I think, I'm not an expert).
Ya that's pretty much what I figured. I feel like the shape of the spoon mirrors would be better too. Of course that's all speculation unless someone has tested it. I was thinking of deleting the passenger side mirror, but I'm so used to it and it helps a lot when backing into my parking spot where I live. I've read that people complain about the visibility of the replica spoon mirrors and the lack of adjustment, but I think it's fine. I was able to adjust it and I'm happy with my field of view out of both mirrors.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluesteel93 For This Useful Post:
ecoTex (07-14-2015)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-08-2015, 01:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Silver Magnum - '03 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
90 day: 11.43 mpg (US)
Just purely out of curiosity why would the presence of a CAI worry you?
Old 01-08-2015, 10:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
nice updates! Keep it flowing. Loving this VX.

I too thought about the Spoon mirrors. There a great choice. Care to share a link to which ones you purchased, as I know thier are 20 versions out there from 10 different manufacturers. You said you had no visibility issues. Perhaps you were fortunate to get a nice, USDM-designed mirror?
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

The Following User Says Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
bluesteel93 (01-10-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 10:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hatch - '86 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 50.81 mpg (US)

Sedan - '92 Honda Civic Lx
Team Honda
90 day: 59.43 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
they probably didn't drive it like grandma
Old 01-08-2015, 12:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
JDM hypeR mileR

Team Honda
Quote:
CAI are sure signs of a previously modified car. From building/restoring a multitude of HONDA'S, I've learned that 90% of people modifying Honda's have not the slightest clue of what they are doing, nor general respect for maintenance or taking care of a vehicle. For this reason, I made a decision to no longer buy a modified Honda as a starting platform for my builds.

That's my personal decision, but certainly doesn't mean that a CAI means the engine was redlined 10 times in the last month, nor that the car has not been properly maintained. To me, seeing a CAI just means a warming sign that the car could have been neglected, poorly driven and/or maintained. From personal experience, this is a risky territory that I am no longer willing to dabble into. Thankfully, all appears well for the OP with this purchase thus far.
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

Last edited by OG VX; 01-08-2015 at 01:07 PM..
Old 01-08-2015, 02:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Ah ok, I normally deal with higher end cars and trucks that are modified so I always look at upgrades like that as something that the owner installed because they like their car and wanted to give it something special.....idk I've modified my like crazy but rarely ever go over 2000 rpm, heck I normally cruse at 1100rpm going 48 in 55s! However when you brought up the point of most people not knowing how to modify I can see what you mean now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Striker2237 For This Useful Post:
OG VX (01-08-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
JDM hypeR mileR

Team Honda
Quote:
Ah ok, I normally deal with higher end cars and trucks that are modified so I always look at upgrades like that as something that the owner installed because they like their car and wanted to give it something special.....idk I've modified my like crazy but rarely ever go over 2000 rpm, heck I normally cruse at 1100rpm going 48 in 55s! However when you brought up the point of most people not knowing how to modify I can see what you mean now.
Gotcha. Yeah, life's tough in the "Honda scene".

Old 01-09-2015, 12:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG VX View Post
Gotcha. Yeah, life's tough in the "Honda scene".
Ha, that's a good one. Come to think of it I'm pushing my friend right now to properly turbo his car instead of cutting corners, but the darn ebay kits keep drawing him away from the light lol!
Old 01-09-2015, 02:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Beating EPA Unmodded

Blue Eagle - '10 Honda Civic LX
Team Honda
90 day: 31.12 mpg (US)
Oh ebay, how we love your prices but hate the cheapness of some of your products lol.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
Growin a stash

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG VX View Post
From building/restoring a multitude of HONDA'S, I've learned that 90% of people modifying Honda's have not the slightest clue of what they are doing, nor general respect for maintenance or taking care of a vehicle.
It's funny, I started a thread on the Chevy Cruze forum about the downsides of aftermarket intakes. I pointed out that most K&N dyno charts don't go down to low rpm ranges because (most likely) they want to hide the fact that you'll lose low-rpm torque. Take this one for example. It cuts off below 2100 rpm.

http://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/69-4522_dyno.pdf

Anyway, there were only a few comments and they were all negative. Some people just don't want to hear it. That's something I appreciate about ecomodder.

2024 Chevy Bolt

Previous:
2015 Nissan Leaf S, 164 mpge
Reply  Post New Thread