Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2010, 10:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

rusty - '00 ford mustang coupe
90 day: 24.31 mpg (US)

cbr929 - '00 honda cbr929 fast
90 day: 39.54 mpg (US)

Porshe - '06 Kawasaki zx10r
90 day: 47.21 mpg (US)

truck - '96 ford ranger
90 day: 26.51 mpg (US)
Our tax dollar at work.

I just got pulled over riding my motorcycle at 2am going to the gas station for not using a turn signal in the middle of nowhere with no traffic. I had a blast with the cop, I tried to explain him why I didn't use hand signals at 2am with no cars around while making a turn on a bumpy road, hello safety. He proceeded to ask me all kind of stupid questions what year the bike is, where and from where I am coming from, for a moment I thought he was going to accuse me of stealing something, how long I've had the bike. He ran my plates, license and told me that he was going to do me a big favor and let me go. Haha, I told him to not do me any favors, give me a ticket or get the **** out of here, quit wasting my time and our tax dollars, find something else to do and get a brain. And if he's was going to write me a ticket I would go to court and make him look like a fool in front of a judge for obvious reasons. Can't stand those lazy fat *******s, we're fighting a war over oil in the middle east, and those fat *******s just sit in their cars with a/c on wasting gas that we have to pay for. They should get them bicycles and no free food.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited by nemesis; 06-06-2010 at 10:31 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-06-2010, 11:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
I haven't been bothered in a long time.
Be it I am getting old.. I like seeing cops around.

I have two unresolved accidents...other drivers fled. One was maybe 200 yards from my parking spot.

Most know what is acceptable with their own car. the aeromod stuff is sticking way out there. I could guess I would get pulled over too.

There is a thread here about passive venting,
I do have a question about this for the aeromod solid like that. does cabin air work the same? Do ears pop now when they didn't before? GM sedans use the trunk, and seat is a giant air filter.

That is my only question.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

pickup - '01 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 Sport
90 day: 16.35 mpg (US)

Focus - '16 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 31.46 mpg (US)
So, what's the point?

I just basically wasted a few minutes reading this thread to see if anyone had a legitimate complaint.

I have to come down on the cop's side here. Yeah many of them were bored, between calls where people have guns. No doubt they all approached your vehicles with that thought in mind. Some of them were actually curious about what you were doing and why you had modified your vehicle. That may be why they asked so many questions. They may not appear to be friendly but once they percieve no threat from you, that is their friendly mode. Just the facts.

Yes there are cops out there that believe their **** doesnt stink and they are on this earth to save us from ourselves according to their own beliefs.

Those of you "hypermilers" that believe stopping at stop signs or red lights is for stupid people, you deserve to get a ticket. I have seen many of you lately. I thought maybe you were stupid or texting but now realize you are looking at your instrumentation. Glance to the left, blow the red light, swerve to the center turn lane then back to the left lane and go back to looking at the instrument, ignoring that you may have blown someone else's FE by causing them to brake for you. It doesn't matter does it? Your own FE was not impacted and if some stupid cop saw it, they are violating your rights. To hell with others, my FE and personal rights are paramount. Those other people can "suck on a donut"
Old 06-07-2010, 12:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Those of you "hypermilers" that believe stopping at stop signs or red lights is for stupid people, you deserve to get a ticket. I have seen many of you lately. I thought maybe you were stupid or texting but now realize you are looking at your instrumentation. Glance to the left, blow the red light, swerve to the center turn lane then back to the left lane and go back to looking at the instrument, ignoring that you may have blown someone else's FE by causing them to brake for you. It doesn't matter does it? Your own FE was not impacted and if some stupid cop saw it, they are violating your rights. To hell with others, my FE and personal rights are paramount. Those other people can "suck on a donut"
Gee, your rant sounds like you have a prejudicial animosity against scan gauge owners.

Assuming you'll never buy one, maybe someday you'll be lucky enough to win a scan gauge in a contest. Maybe you'll find it is informative and useful. Maybe you'll use it wisely and never be distracted by it - or by your car radio, or by anything else in your car... or your life.

Quote:
I have seen many of you lately.
Um, if you are peering into other people's cars while you are driving to see if they have a scan gauge, you yourself might very likely become distracted while driving, and who knows what that may lead to?

"People who live in glass houses..."
Old 06-07-2010, 12:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Pishtaco

Mean Green Toaster Machine - '06 Scion xB
Team Toyota
90 day: 48.92 mpg (US)
Add me to the side that gets extremely irritated by inconsiderate jerk drivers that don't signal their intentions. They slow down, don't signal, and I have to wait to figure out if they're going to turn or not. The whole time, I could have made my turn or changed my lane if they'd had the common courtesy to use their $&$* turn signals.

No, the cop wasn't harrassing you. He should have ticketed you, because you were violating the law. And yes, the law does apply to you.

Boycotting Exxon since 1989, BP since 2010
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
Mean Green Toaster Machine
49.5 mpg avg over 53,000 miles. 176% of '08 EPA
Best flat drive 94.5 mpg for 10.1 mi
Longest tank 1033 km (642 mi) on 10.56 gal = 60.8 mpg
Old 06-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentraSE-R View Post
Add me to the side that gets extremely irritated by inconsiderate jerk drivers that don't signal their intentions. They slow down, don't signal, and I have to wait to figure out if they're going to turn or not. The whole time, I could have made my turn or changed my lane if they'd had the common courtesy to use their $&$* turn signals.
I'm from NY, and I admit that NY'ers are notorious for not signaling. (I always signal, and what you describe irritates me, too.) But not signaling is minor compared to many of the dangerous manoeuvres and stupidity I sometimes see. We have a lot of unlicensed drivers here, and until recently licenses were being issued to those having minimal skills.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

The SHOW - '95 Ford SHO Taurus
I have to go home and look thru my vehicle code book to see if something is there regarding this discussion.

The first thing I thought of when I looked at wagonman's car is a bike rack. You see cars every day with a bumper that is partially hidden by a rack covered with bikes. What is the difference?

Brian

Old 06-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Tank - '96 Ford Aspire 4 door
Team Ford
90 day: 46.75 mpg (US)
Bike racks block more than just the bumper. The license plate and taillights are also blocked. Yet they're perfectly legal.

Sometimes when you're pulled over for a dumb reason, the cop is trying to fill his quota.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
The road not so traveled

The Truck - '99 Nissan Frontier xe
90 day: 25.74 mpg (US)

The Ugly Duck - '84 Jeep CJ7 Rock crawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I have to go home and look thru my vehicle code book to see if something is there regarding this discussion.

The first thing I thought of when I looked at wagonman's car is a bike rack. You see cars every day with a bumper that is partially hidden by a rack covered with bikes. What is the difference?

Brian

I wonder what the FE is with all that stuff on top and on the back of a Prius.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Gen II Prianista

Simply installing legal "tail lights" would go a long way.

Mea culpa.

Last edited by Rokeby; 06-08-2010 at 07:05 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread