Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2019, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
The quantum in quantum thermodynamics

"Spooky action at a distance" in an engine:

"the three main engine types (two-stroke, four-stroke, and continuous) are thermodynamically equivalent. This means that, despite operating in different ways, all three types of engines exhibit all of the same thermodynamic properties, including generating the same amounts of power and heat, and doing so at the same efficiency. This new "thermodynamical equivalence principle" is purely quantum, as it depends on quantum effects, and does not occur at the classical level."

https://m.phys.org/news/2015-10-quan...odynamics.html

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (04-22-2019)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-25-2019, 05:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
https://phys.org/tags/quantum+coherence/
Quote:
Originally Posted by phys.org
While the current work deals with single-particle engines, the researchers expect that quantum effects may also emerge in multi-particle engines, where quantum entanglement between particles may play a role similar to that of coherence.
Maybe I'm missing something, I'm listening to Joe Rogan and Graham Hancock simultaneously. The effect dissipates with scale then reemerges at macro-scale?

edit:
From the page above: Spotting nature's own evolution of quantum tricks could transform quantum technology
https://phys.org/news/2018-11-nature...echnology.html

Quote:
Dr. Knee added: "The possibilities are tantalising: if our proposed test were carried out in a biological system, and returned a positive result, we might be able to learn quantum engineering design principles from nature. We could then try to....
So this one is speculative as well, but it speaks to the theory that cognition takes place via quantum effects within the tubercules within brain cells.

Discovery of quantum vibrations in 'microtubules' inside brain neurons supports controversial theory of consciousness
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0116085105.htm

So that's how consciousness can escape the bag of meat. Thpooky.

Last edited by freebeard; 04-25-2019 at 05:46 PM..
Old 04-27-2019, 09:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
... So that's how consciousness can escape the bag of meat. Thpooky.
Lol. Spooky action at a distance could definitely give Scooby a plotline: "The Quantum Caper."

A little abductive logic is part of all disciplined inquiry. I submit: "The abductive process can be creative, intuitive, even revolutionary.2 Einstein's work, for example, was not just inductive and deductive, but involved a creative leap of imagination and visualization that scarcely seemed warranted by the mere observation of moving trains and falling elevators."
Deductive, Inductive and Abductive Reasoning - TIP Sheet - Butte College

And, yes, "abductive" sounds like a pun termnuseful for another Scooby episode title.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 04-27-2019, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Einstein, Tesla and Jobs.

https://youtu.be/cROmpTtp0_E

Reply  Post New Thread