Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2019, 01:33 AM   #41 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Reducing gun ownership probably would reduce gun homicide, as much of that is a crime of passion that isn't thought out well.

Reducing gun ownership probably would do little to reduce terrorism, as that is deliberately thought out. If you have time to think, you've got time to figure out how to accomplish what you set out to do.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
RedDevil (03-19-2019)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-19-2019, 02:16 AM   #42 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
Guns are not the problem. Baseball bats, screwdrivers, hammers, roughly anything can become deadly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Teachers?
Inspectors?
They have no skills for such thing, and some angry sh...t head student culd find take the gun from one teacher and start a shouting.
Nobody is born with gun handling skills. Well, at least in some public schools administered by the police in some states you won't see the students trying to steal the guns.

Quote:
And I wouldn't be surprised if a teacher shot another teacher during some arguing...
Positively most of the dangerous teachers are anti-gun, so they would be less likely to get one...
Old 03-19-2019, 03:35 AM   #43 (permalink)
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Crazy, frustrated evil people... today they prefer became news, the so called 5 minutes of fame, instead of die alone by suicide, overdosis, gunshot.
After this became a fashion it's hard to society find a way to stop it.

Another shoting, now in Netherlands :

https://news.sky.com/story/shooting-...uries-11669289

You kow the crazy guys, crazy man, the kind who shoot the wife when she left hin??? I think some shooting are almost like such guys... They lost the sense o belong to something, or lost some identity... Maybe the shoting are a mix ob both, xenophobia and identity in the mind of such disturbed people.

I can figure out what Redpoint will say... He will say that if one of the people who tried to help the lady had a gun to stup the shooter, lives could had been saved. In this case he is probably correct.
It is the same shooting I referred to.

If someone had a gun...
The problem is the shooter had a gun.

We try to prevent gun ownership and it isn't that easy to get one here, even for criminals.
We have stabbings... but to stab someone you need to come up close, it isn't as easy as just shooting someone down.

Yes you could make your own gun, but most people lack the tools, skills and knowledge to do so.
Almost none of the few shootings we have is done with self made guns.

Allowing guns makes for an unhealthy arms race. In the animal world, the hunters will generally have longer teeth than the hunted; natural selection will see to that. Just so in our world.
It wont prevent shootings - it may end them sooner, but in the confusion the defending shooters may be mistaken to be offensive as usually nobody sees who fired the first shot.

The US always had an abundance of guns. So forbidding gun ownership does not work, only creates another tier of illegality.
But countries that have always banned guns, like Great Britain and us, should keep on doing so.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 03-19-2019 at 03:48 AM..
Old 03-19-2019, 10:28 AM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

I don't like to use this argument, but USA crime rate are mostly committed by black people, near 50% of crimes despite they represent 15% of population. And nobody is hungry on USA. After many social politics things didn't changed. Some scientists start to concern about a criminal genes or genes have higher prevalence on afro descendents. But this is a forbiden thematic, since can be used by raciswt peope and distort it and generalize to all black people instead of treat people as individuals or lead white nationalists to get power demanding a new apartheid or somewthing like. The point is that nobody wants to study iot, since any scientist who dare say smething can have the career burned as political correctness of today preachs everyone is equal and considers a herezy any deviation from that.

Your graphic let puzzled about old west... I imagined it was one of the most violent times of USA...
Is this graphic (third one) the homicide rate per 100.000 habitants or the total number of homicide?
Wasn't old west gunshot duels on streets considered a homicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post

US has a higher homicide rate than many other EU countries.

USA homicide rate is worse than many EU countries, but a bit lower than the world average. Who knows how much of it is cultural, and how much is biology?

Old 03-19-2019, 10:41 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Show me how somebody can kill 50 people using a baseball bats or screwdrivers, hammers, knife...

Guns are a problem in wrong hands, and USA laws are a crap in terms of avoid crazy or evil people to buy guns. And I'm not that much against guns as my comments may appear, but I'm very against guns for evil or crazy people. And I have to remamber there are people that aren't exactly evil or crazy, but that can have moments of crazyness or deep anger or rage.

Why ant gun teachers are more dangerous??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Guns are not the problem. Baseball bats, screwdrivers, hammers, roughly anything can become deadly...

Nobody is born with gun handling skills. Well, at least in some public schools administered by the police in some states you won't see the students trying to steal the guns.

Positively most of the dangerous teachers are anti-gun, so they would be less likely to get one...
Old 03-19-2019, 10:47 AM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

Lead is easy, I supose. But the cartridge looks like needs some more elaborated machinery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
My dad and his friends used to go to the hardware store and by all the stuff they needed to build zip guns in the 1960s. (I'm assuming they didn't by the ammo at the hardware store).
So you don't need a 3d printer to build a gun.

You can't 3d print bullets but they can be cast. Casting lead is like bronze age technology. Casing your own bullets for a fire arm has existed as long as firearms have been around.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:54 AM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

England have a culture of kindness... While Brazil and USA... welll it's easier to be killed by arguing with a angry driver on Brazil or USA than by a drug dealer on England.

I wonder how Black Mirror (TV series) issues will became reality at least in some points. I imagine almost everyone carry a phone connected with GPS, with their profiles, and maybe the government would impose a citizenship profile or criminal profile to go together, and it would be displayed on screen when someonme point a camera, and very good citizens, with great psychologic good temper and clean record would be displayed too. Police would shoot looking to the cell phone screens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
It is the same shooting I referred to.

If someone had a gun...
The problem is the shooter had a gun.

We try to prevent gun ownership and it isn't that easy to get one here, even for criminals.
We have stabbings... but to stab someone you need to come up close, it isn't as easy as just shooting someone down.

Yes you could make your own gun, but most people lack the tools, skills and knowledge to do so.
Almost none of the few shootings we have is done with self made guns.

Allowing guns makes for an unhealthy arms race. In the animal world, the hunters will generally have longer teeth than the hunted; natural selection will see to that. Just so in our world.
It wont prevent shootings - it may end them sooner, but in the confusion the defending shooters may be mistaken to be offensive as usually nobody sees who fired the first shot.

The US always had an abundance of guns. So forbidding gun ownership does not work, only creates another tier of illegality.
But countries that have always banned guns, like Great Britain and us, should keep on doing so.

Last edited by All Darc; 03-19-2019 at 11:13 AM..
Old 03-19-2019, 11:32 AM   #48 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,525 Times in 2,799 Posts
A big problem in the United States is we have all these gun laws and no attempt is made to enforce the majority of them.
The easiest one would be go after people who lie on the instant background check form. A criminal just showed government issued ID then lied in righting and handed all the evidence an agent of the state, likely while being video recorded. How is that not a slam dunk case?
The only other government entity who has criminal cases anything like this is the US post office. Their postal inspectors conviction rate is something like 97%.
The Following User Says Thank You to oil pan 4 For This Useful Post:
roosterk0031 (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 11:51 AM   #49 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
I don't like to use this argument, but USA crime rate are mostly committed by black people, near 50% of crimes despite they represent 15% of population. And nobody is hungry on USA. After many social politics things didn't changed. Some scientists start to concern about a criminal genes or genes have higher prevalence on afro descendents. But this is a forbiden thematic, since can be used by raciswt peope and distort it and generalize to all black people instead of treat people as individuals or lead white nationalists to get power demanding a new apartheid or somewthing like. The point is that nobody wants to study iot, since any scientist who dare say smething can have the career burned as political correctness of today preachs everyone is equal and considers a herezy any deviation from that.

Your graphic let puzzled about old west... I imagined it was one of the most violent times of USA...
Is this graphic (third one) the homicide rate per 100.000 habitants or the total number of homicide?
Wasn't old west gunshot duels on streets considered a homicide?
I'm for genetic study that attempts to understand how behavior is influenced by it. That said, I don't believe genetics has much to do with black crime rate. There was much less black crime back when children were raised with 2 parents; back when real institutional racism was in effect such as segregated facilities.

When you compare crime and poverty statistics among people from single parent white families with single parent black families, they begin to look very similar.

My best guess for the differing statistics is culture. Same reason why the US has a higher homicide rate than England.

Quote:
Show me how somebody can kill 50 people using a baseball bats or screwdrivers, hammers, knife...

Guns are a problem in wrong hands, and USA laws are a crap in terms of avoid crazy or evil people to buy guns. And I'm not that much against guns as my comments may appear, but I'm very against guns for evil or crazy people. And I have to remamber there are people that aren't exactly evil or crazy, but that can have moments of crazyness or deep anger or rage.

Why ant gun teachers are more dangerous??
You just listed a bunch of fairly benign things. You could have asked how people can kill with jello, or styrofoam, or pillows. What about vehicles, explosives, poisons, infectious diseases...

There's no way to stop terrorism unless you can obtain prior knowledge of people suspected to be involved in terrorist activities. To do that, they either have to be sloppy, or have a secret agent imbedded in their group.

I agree that US laws are too relaxed for gun ownership. We require a demonstration of proficiency and knowledge of laws to drive a vehicle, but not to purchase a firearm. As I've been saying, people should not be allowed to possess a firearm unless they have obtained a permit, showing basic proficiency in handling and passing a written exam. The NRA should probably administer the testing, as it's in their best interest to develop a robust testing methodology.

... and firearms instructors are more dangerous. If I were to get into a gun battle with an instructor, I'd probably be killed 9 times out of 10.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
RedDevil (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 01:04 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks for this information. I'm happy to know. I wonder why nobody pointed it against Jared Taylor in the debates and TV debates I saw. They need to effort better in such debates to confront hin. He don't fool me, despite he smiles a lot today.
But I'm also suspect that the sexual libertinism of today are making poor women breed more with criminal or agressive males than in the past. If some genetics have a role (even for whites ands asian) violent genes are being more spread.

I also heard about that IQ have a role to whites, since someone said (need to find official data)m that whites with lower IQ was also more prone to criminality.
Black culture it's sad, despite be great black people and terrible white peple. In general we see such street culture, even the language it's refuted, distorting english and making a variant of it. This only turn black people away from society. I refer to the kind of street culture, street style like a pseudo gang style. It's the sort of thing that don't help black people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I'm for genetic study that attempts to understand how behavior is influenced by it. That said, I don't believe genetics has much to do with black crime rate. There was much less black crime back when children were raised with 2 parents; back when real institutional racism was in effect such as segregated facilities.

When you compare crime and poverty statistics among people from single parent white families with single parent black families, they begin to look very similar.

My best guess for the differing statistics is culture. Same reason why the US has a higher homicide rate than England.

You just listed a bunch of fairly benign things. You could have asked how people can kill with jello, or styrofoam, or pillows. What about vehicles, explosives, poisons, infectious diseases...

There's no way to stop terrorism unless you can obtain prior knowledge of people suspected to be involved in terrorist activities. To do that, they either have to be sloppy, or have a secret agent imbedded in their group.

I agree that US laws are too relaxed for gun ownership. We require a demonstration of proficiency and knowledge of laws to drive a vehicle, but not to purchase a firearm. As I've been saying, people should not be allowed to possess a firearm unless they have obtained a permit, showing basic proficiency in handling and passing a written exam. The NRA should probably administer the testing, as it's in their best interest to develop a robust testing methodology.

... and firearms instructors are more dangerous. If I were to get into a gun battle with an instructor, I'd probably be killed 9 times out of 10.

Reply  Post New Thread