Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2021, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - '15 Suzuki Celerio
90 day: 71.25 mpg (US)
Suzuki Celerio owner from the Netherlands

Hello all,

I already created some threads: especially because I wanted to share, that I discovered that running my Suzuki Celerio on Shell V-Power actually makes the car run even more fuel efficient. I'm married and have a 7 months old daughter.

About 3.5 years ago I bought a used Suzuki Celerio from 2015 because, I wanted a practical and fuel efficient car. Driving in the Netherlands is really expensive, so I wanted to keep monthly costs and fuel costs low.

One reason being, I just have a ****ty job like many: so I don't earn that much money, to sponsor the fuel stations on a regular base. So in order to save money, I decided to start driving as fuel efficient. At first so that the money I save, can use for the maintenance.

But now I just do it, because I find it not worth to waste fuel while in many cases the time you win is small. So my latest record is 3,16L/100KM with the V-Power from Shell Belgium. Which is 74,43 mpg in USA standards.

That's even more fuel efficient, than what the manufacturer has put down as the official fuel usage. Of course it's only archieved, by hypermiling and annoying supposedly rich car owners.... because even when I drive the speed limit: still the BMW's, Volkswagen Golf/Polo's, Audi, Volvo etc keep tailgating

Fuel prices in the Netherlands have reached € 2 a litre at some fuel stations, so it doesn't make sense to me why people still keep driving like idiots. Although I realise, that's what they think of people like me who do hypermiling

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-05-2021, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunigrijje View Post
I'm married and have a 7 months old daughter.
How hard it is to haul all that baby gear in such a small car?
Old 07-06-2021, 01:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
How hard it is to haul all that baby gear in such a small car?
It's no problem: although we take a compact babytrolley, but all the stuff fits in the car. Sometimes it's a bit measuring and perhaps, putting some stuff on the passenger seat in front. But we went on a 5 day holiday a few weeks ago, and it was totally fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zunigrijje For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (07-10-2021)
Old 07-10-2021, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,603 Posts
Hi, Zunigrijje -

Your Celerio is like this one?

Are you happy with the car? What were you driving before?

I'm envious of your 1.0L engine! The smallest engine we can get in North America these days is 1.2L (not counting range extenders in an EV).

The current Mitsubishi Mirage offered both the 1.2L and 1.0L engine options in Europe & Japan, but we'll never see the more efficient engine here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	800px-2017_Suzuki_Celerio_SZ4_Automatic_1.0_Front.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	31011  
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Old 07-10-2021, 08:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,603 Posts
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr: Does Suzuki sell the Celerio in your part of the world? I'm guessing yes.

Suzuki left Canada & the U.S. about 10 years ago now.

Of course I have a soft spot in my heart for Suzuki, since my little 1998 Pontiac Firefly (Chevrolet Metro) is a Suzuki-designed platform & drivetrain, built by a GM/Suzuki collaboration.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Old 07-10-2021, 10:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Hi, Zunigrijje -

Your Celerio is like this one?

Are you happy with the car? What were you driving before?

I'm envious of your 1.0L engine! The smallest engine we can get in North America these days is 1.2L (not counting range extenders in an EV).

The current Mitsubishi Mirage offered both the 1.2L and 1.0L engine options in Europe & Japan, but we'll never see the more efficient engine here.
Yes like that one, only mine was made in Thailand and not in India or Pakistan. Also it features a more fuel efficient engine, it's called K10C and that's basically a fine tuned K10B engine which was the standard engine in countries like Germany.

Because the Netherlands has a very strict tax system, when it comes to polution: so the more fuel efficient an engine is on paper, the less CO2 it emits and that means it will cost less tax.

I'm very satisfied about the Suzuki Celerio, only times I wasn't didn't really have to do anything with the car. But the fact a young Volkswagen driver, crashed in my car while it was parked. That was a bit of dramatic shock for me, even though the other party insurance paid it.

And recently the airco broke down, but this has been the only repair it needs in the last 3.5 year I own the car and I have driven 60.000km and now the mileage is 95.000km totally. The car turned in may 6 years old.

So yes quite happy with it, because it has turned out to be a reliable car: the airco broke, because of the condensor being hit by a stone. Could have happened with any car... just a bit sad, that it going cost me about € 465 totally

Last edited by Zunigrijje; 07-10-2021 at 10:12 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Zunigrijje For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (07-10-2021)
Old 07-10-2021, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

This is mine Suzuki Celerio, I was finally able to post images and hyperlinks. Here is a link to my Spritmonitor, I have been keeping track of my fuel consumption ever since I own the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210425_122612_762.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	31012  
Old 07-10-2021, 08:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr: Does Suzuki sell the Celerio in your part of the world? I'm guessing yes.
Not in Brazil, yet they sell like hot cakes in neighboring countries, mostly Uruguay for instance. The local representative for both Mitsubishi and Suzuki, which by the way is a former owner of Ford dealerships, has been focusing more on SUVs (and the L200 which was the first Mitsubishi to be locally assembled).
Old 10-06-2021, 06:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Dutch V-Power is 98 octane with no ethanol added. Normal Shell fuel is 95 octane but with 5 to 10 percent ethanol added. The octane doenst matter so much, as the Celerio won't be abble to make use of the higher octane fuel, but ethanol has a lower energy density, so fuel consumption will go up.
Old 10-06-2021, 07:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

I never found any accurate report about the mileage decrease a Suzuki Celerio registered in Uruguay could get in Brazil, where the ethanol content in gasoline varies from 22 to 27%. But a few years ago when I used to go to Uruguay more often, people who lived in the Uruguayan cities at the border often filled-up their cars in Brazil when the exchange rate was favorable, and everytime I had a talk with some Uruguayan (or doble-chapa with both Brazilian and Uruguayan citizenship) who had a car registered in Uruguay, either there or in Porto Alegre where I used to see a handful of Suzukis and Chinese trucks (fitted most often with a copy of the Mitsubishi 4G64 engine) with Uruguayan plates, they said the ethanol content was not an issue regarding long-term reliability of the vehicles.

Reply  Post New Thread