Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2014, 11:06 PM   #51 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
If individuals have their own "call when you don't care and just want to kill time" lists, and you put yourself on them, are you really making them feel bad with your yelling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

The Following User Says Thank You to Fat Charlie For This Useful Post:
Cobb (06-21-2014)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #52 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
If individuals have their own "call when you don't care and just want to kill time" lists, and you put yourself on them, are you really making them feel bad with your yelling?
By "individuals" I assume you mean reps that engage in harassment tactics by maintaining a separate list of their self-created enemies. I didn't "put" myself on that list - they made their list for the purpose of harassment. I AM on the DoNotCall list. If they don't heed that, I tell them off.

Contrary to what you may think, in my experience the verbal barrage strategy does work. It has reduced and eliminated the number of unwanted calls from telemarketers.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:53 PM   #53 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Cool

Makes for good youtube material.

Just a view from the other side of the phone. I dont want anyone pulling a muscle patting themselves on the back.

No lists categorized in that manner. We used ACT! and used notes to call and what happened. Notes were kept "PC", If anything, a lack of detailed notes would tell you its a "Frank Lee" on the other end. Now if the number was disconnected, we removed it.

Ill never forget the time I asked for someone and was told he was not available. I asked when is a better time to call. I was told, none really, he was in heaven. I asked if I could get the number to heaven. I was too busy txting and looking for another job to take anything a customer said seriously. I was just going through the motions/scripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
Old 06-22-2014, 12:04 AM   #54 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
Just a view from the other side of the phone. I dont want anyone pulling a muscle patting themselves on the back.
Mr. Cobb,

As we've seen, you are an old pro at shuck 'n jive, and doing the old switcheroo (meaning never directly addressing what was previously said to you, and instead changing the subject to something different).

This thread is about telemarketing. It's not about customer service. Your citing an old YouTube audio of an angry customer's response to a customer service rep is not the same as a non-customer who does not want to be bothered by a telemarketer. Besides, anyone who ever had any dealings with Dell computers knows that they outsourced their customer service to India with reps that could marginally speak English, but could understand nothing and help with nothing. This audio is probably much older than that.
Quote:
No lists categorized in that manner. We used ACT! and used notes to call and what happened. Notes were kept "PC", If anything, a lack of detailed notes would tell you its a "Frank Lee" on the other end. Now if the number was disconnected, we removed it.
You speak in alphabetese jargon. "ACT!" "PCC". It sounds like you are still in the biz - or at least proud of having been an insider, at odds with the public. You are still defending that mindset. Of course if the phone number were disconnected you would remove it. Anything short of that, you would keep calling it. Duh! Who would keep calling a disconnected number?

Quote:
Ill never forget the time I asked for someone and was told he was not available. I asked when is a better time to call. I was told, none really, he was in heaven. I asked if I could get the number to heaven. I was too busy txting and looking for another job to take anything a customer said seriously. I was just going through the motions/scripts.
Yes, that which you describe I have experienced firsthand, and it can shut a salesman up.

A few years ago, a rep from a publication called asking to speak with my father. They were apparently doing calls from an old subscription list. I told the young, aggressive salesman that my father was not available. He pressed on, asking why not. I told him he wouldn't be able to read the publication any more. He pressed on for an answer as to why. To which I truthfully replied, "he's been dead for ten years."

It was gratifying to hear an obviously stunned, speechless silence on the other end of the phone for about 20 seconds, followed by a mumbled, stammering apology of sorts.

This actually happened, and that was my response. Was it you who called me?

Apparently the sales rep was still green. Otherwise he might have continued trying to sell me his rag, and I would have told him never to call me again. Fortunately for him, he never did.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #55 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Old 06-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #56 (permalink)
Drive less save more

Dusty - '98 VOLKSWAGEN Beetle TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 60.42 mpg (US)
Use a answering machine - they will not leave you messages all the time (generally)

do not answer any of caller id Blocked phone calls

( $) With caller id the power is your hands nothing is free , but lots is cheap as chips.

My personal favorite is to not answer calls from anyone not on the contact list , the power is back in my hands.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:57 PM   #57 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tele man View Post
We always LOOK at the "Caller ID" display and if it's NOT a familiar/recognizable number, we ignore (do not answer) the call...and 99+% of the time they won't leave a message.
If you review the entire thread, you might find that some like Frank Lee and myself sought a solution to warding off telemarketers other than subscribing to caller ID.

Frank said:
Quote:
I don't have caller I.D., I'm not gonna pay for that.
Me neither. Some of us are cheap and feisty. It keeps us active.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:52 PM   #58 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
I'll just go back to screening with the answering machine.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:03 AM   #59 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
If I was sleeping the damage is already done when the phone rings from unwanted calls. Nope, not gonna turn the ringer off because there are wanted calls too.

Drone strikes still seem like the best option.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:19 AM   #60 (permalink)
Eco-ventor

Princess - '92 Mazda MX-3 GS
House of Tudor
Team Mazda
90 day: 53.54 mpg (US)

Shirubāarō (*´ω`*) - '05 Toyota Prius Executive
Team Toyota
90 day: 54.88 mpg (US)

Blue Thunder - '20 Hyundai IONIQ Trend PHEV
Team Hyundai
Plug-in Hybrids
90 day: 587.16 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to jakobnev
Get a 1-800 number and charge them $9.95 per minute.

2016: 128.75L for 1875.00km => 6.87L/100km (34.3MPG US)
2017: 209.14L for 4244.00km => 4.93L/100km (47.7MPG US)
Reply  Post New Thread