Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2015, 03:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
"There is nowhere on earth to get those parts."

Wrong again, you might want to check the legal status of manufacturer-dealer requirements for supplying replacement parts for the cars they sell.

I can call Tesla and get any part I need or sue them for a fortune. Without replacement parts collision repair is impossible and that covers most everything.

Without any replacement parts how can you do any collision repair?

The battery pack in a Tesla that sits long enough is worthless.

I could continue but it would be a huge waste of time, to say nothing of forum etiquette violations.

The facts dont support me saying a tesla p85 is worth 20-30k and a p85d would be worth 50-60k....

Ok lets look at the p85. They are asking 15k for the motor... They sold the battery how much do you think they got for the battery? Id peg the battery at maybe $200/ kwh? an 85kwh battery would be worth 16k at that price.

so 16k for the battery and 15k for the motor. I bet they figure both will be gone in 6 months. So if they paid 30k for it they would get back their money in 6 months and the rest is all gravy. I bet theres still 15-20k in value left in it depending on condition.

I figure a p85 D would get 30-40k for its drivetrain without the battery....

Im not sure how you figure my logic is flawed. The only facts we have is they sold the 85kwh battery and they are asking 15k for the motor... 20-30k in value is easy to see.

Value is what people will pay for something. If this yard makes money off the tesla the next time one comes up for bid they will have a better idea of its value and pay more for it knowing what they can sell it for.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-19-2015, 03:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
the understatement: “It’s A Brick” – Tesla Motors’ Devastating Design Problem

The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
mikeyjd (01-19-2015)
Old 01-19-2015, 04:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Your quoted something talking about tesla roadsters.... and they quoted a battery price of 40k.... So your actually helping my statement that a crashed tesla is worth 20-30k.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:26 PM   #34 (permalink)
Not bad for a machine

Maechunbu - Retired - '00 Kia Sephia 1.8I4 16VDOHC
Last 3: 45.28 mpg (US)

Slasher - '96 Chevy Corsica 2.2L 3speedauto
Duct Tape Aero Crew
Team Chevy
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)
@synergy DON'T FORGET YOU ARE ON THE INTERNET!

Old 01-19-2015, 05:15 PM   #35 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Awesome?

Keep adding post that are completely unrelated to the topic.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:58 PM   #36 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Like tangental, ludicrous, non fact supported speculation. I can ask 100 grand for my $300 car. Doesn't mean I will get my asking price.

Here is another snippet of information. No FACTORY warranty on any part after the vehicle has gone through the salvage process. You ASSumed the battery sold for a price. Has the customer even recieved the battery? Has the seller offered the buyer any warranty. If the battery has not been charged in 6 months, is that same battery still functional, and even if it is functional, what is it's life expectancy.

What kind of damage did the car sustain, if submerged, versus front ended, versus rear ended. Why would any Tesla purchaser want his-her car repaired to begin with, since that affects the future value substantially, as you yourself alluded to in your (other post) criticism of the purchase of a plug in Prius.

First year new cars DONT bring top dollar at auctions, BECAUSE THERE IS NO SOURCE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN NEW PARTS.

A Tesla is unique in the fact that a significant part of the used value is in the battery, which now has no warranty other than the selling scap yard. Have YOU ever bought a part and had it shipped across the country, only to find it is no good and your only recourse is an "in house credit". TRY SPENDING THAT 20K AT THE YARD THAT SOLD YOU A PIECE OF CRAP. Especially when it involves a purchase outside your own country, where your legal rights may not even exist.

I bet NOT.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I really do not think that Old Mech says anything without knowing what he is saying, and he is extremely knowledgeable.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I think what he meant is that not everything you read on the internet is true. If it was on TV though..........then it HAS to be true.

The Following User Says Thank You to OBD1Kenobi For This Useful Post:
dirtydave (01-19-2015)
Old 01-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #39 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Based on the information from the ONLY person that has called the salvage yard..... They are asking 15k for the motor. Im sure they just sold off the battery for $500.

This whole thread started as me posting that I found a tesla in a junkyard. Which was dismissed and now that it is infact proven to be true you guys just want to argue because you were wrong.

Who cares about how much any of it costs or what they paid. If you need tesla parts they have them.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:40 PM   #40 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBD1Kenobi View Post
I think what he meant is that not everything you read on the internet is true. If it was on TV though..........then it HAS to be true.

Yeah.... Thats why a member called the yard and confirmed they had it while the members who dismissed it were using information from the internet....

So who exactly was believing everything they read on the internet? Im believing the only person here who has actually spoke on the phone to them.

You first couldnt find on their site the tesla and since you couldnt find it on the INTERNET you said it was fake.

Stop being so hypocritical.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread