Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2021, 10:20 AM   #21 (permalink)
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post
Edgar Julian actually believes that a discussion group should give advice founded on fact. Bizarre, eh? What an extraordinarily notion!

"But if they want to keep thinking that their way of thinking is better than mine that's fine because that's what I do to them."

Maybe that's what the US is in the state it is currently in? (And after such a glorious technological history....)

Because people babble absolute crap like this?
So you're saying I should shut up and stop posting anything on EcoModder since I'm no exptert? Is there a vetting process I need to go through to post here? So you think the US needs to become a dictatorship and force everyone to believe just one thing? You don't think there's ever a chance one person's wacky idea that goes against what's accepted mainstream will ever turn out to be a good idea?

The Following User Says Thank You to Isaac Zachary For This Useful Post:
Yippeekyaa (07-24-2021)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-24-2021, 10:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,112 Times in 981 Posts
Gee, I was hoping the screen door didn't whack a posterior. Hope in one hand.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Piotrsko For This Useful Post:
samwichse (07-26-2021), Yippeekyaa (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 10:55 AM   #23 (permalink)
High Altitude Hybrid

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
Gee, I was hoping the screen door didn't whack a posterior. Hope in one hand.....
Wait a minute! Is that a fact? Only facts can be posted on forums. Do you have the propper documentation to prove that as fact?

Mr. Julian... The thing is that if you have posted facts I have a hard time finding them through all your emotions. Everything seems to bother you. And that's what I get from your posts. Why not just state your facts and move on?

I find a lot of people who are perhaps a lot less knowledgeable than you a lot more helpful, simply because they are kind and patient.

If I ask something like "would putting wings on my car make it more efficient" or "I think that tractor tires on my car may get me better fuel mileage" a kind "that probably won't work, but you can try if you'd like" would go so much farther than a harsh "YOU FOOL!" would.

Even if I'm suggesting to others that HHO generators, the color of their paint and rabbit's feet are good ideas a kind "I don't think those suggestions would work" is a lot better than "GET OUT OF HERE!"

The reason is you can't control what others post. You can only control what you post, so make them good and others will benefit.

Last edited by Isaac Zachary; 07-24-2021 at 11:04 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to Isaac Zachary For This Useful Post:
Yippeekyaa (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 12:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Goldie - '11 Toyota Prius
90 day: 48.93 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post
Maybe that's what the US is in the state it is currently in? (And after such a glorious technological history....)

Because people babble absolute crap like this?

Uhm, what? You actually write books yet cant make a coherent sentence. What state are we( the US) in exactly? You are in no position to determine that from your current location. Just as i am not in a position to determine the current state of your country. But let me back up a bit.
Lurk here often and rarely contribute. Upon first discovering this forum and your posts i was intrigued and interested. Subscribed to your YouTube channel for a bit. Then observed how you harshly treated others on this forum. Googled your name and found more than one forum where you got banned for being pompous and arrogant. Unsubscribed from your video channel and moved on. My late grandfather had a saying “those that do what they always have done will get what they have always got”. You said your goodbyes but just had to return and go point by point against what others here had to say. Now you are not only coming across as more pompous and arrogant, but can add to that the type of person that feels the need to get in the last word. Take care Julian. Signed someone that will never buy your books or watch your YouTube because Julian is a jerk.

The Following User Says Thank You to Yippeekyaa For This Useful Post:
samwichse (07-26-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 01:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
High Altitude Hybrid

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekyaa View Post
Take care Julian. Signed someone that will never buy your books or watch your YouTube because Julian is a jerk.
People like being treated with respect.

This is similar to how I feel about some of the local shops and stores. The quality of the products and price may be better at one store than the other. But I go to the store where they treat me nicely. Maybe they're just doing it for money, I don't know. But it's much better than going to the store where the clerk is a complete jerk and nearly makes me want to murder someone after dealing with him. At that point the deal I got wasn't worth it. If I have to pay more to be treated nicely I'll do it.

In the end, humankind doesn't need cars and airplanes, even ones built to perfection by experts, in order to be a happy thriving society. We need love and respect. Otherwise the cars and planes just end up being used as weapons.

Old 07-24-2021, 01:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Julian Edgar -- Eight posts in an hour and nine minutes. You have more in common with aerohead than you imagine.

Quote:
Um, why would I contribute to a discussion group Wiki when I have written literally hundreds of thousands of published words on this topic? (And words that have been endorsed by real experts in the field.)
Why would you not? Copy pasta into the Wiki would not be monetized but would spread [your anonymized] message better than contending in the forums.

Quote:
JulianEdgar: Edgar Julian actually believes that a discussion group should give advice founded on fact.
I'd predicted Eulian Jedgar.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Piotrsko (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 02:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,112 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zachary View Post
Wait a minute! Is that a fact? Only facts can be posted on forums. Do you have the propper documentation to prove that as fact? .
Well, yes apparently that is now indeed a fact, for documentation, see above.

Old 07-24-2021, 07:14 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
So you're saying I should shut up and stop posting anything on EcoModder since I'm no exptert? Is there a vetting process I need to go through to post here? So you think the US needs to become a dictatorship and force everyone to believe just one thing? You don't think there's ever a chance one person's wacky idea that goes against what's accepted mainstream will ever turn out to be a good idea?
Lots of strawmen in that argument.

I think that people giving incorrect advice to others is a bad thing, yes. That doesn't seem to me to be a very surprising notion.

Old 07-24-2021, 07:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Wait a minute! Is that a fact? Only facts can be posted on forums. Do you have the propper documentation to prove that as fact?

Mr. Julian... The thing is that if you have posted facts I have a hard time finding them through all your emotions. Everything seems to bother you. And that's what I get from your posts. Why not just state your facts and move on?

I find a lot of people who are perhaps a lot less knowledgeable than you a lot more helpful, simply because they are kind and patient.

If I ask something like "would putting wings on my car make it more efficient" or "I think that tractor tires on my car may get me better fuel mileage" a kind "that probably won't work, but you can try if you'd like" would go so much farther than a harsh "YOU FOOL!" would.

Even if I'm suggesting to others that HHO generators, the color of their paint and rabbit's feet are good ideas a kind "I don't think those suggestions would work" is a lot better than "GET OUT OF HERE!"

The reason is you can't control what others post. You can only control what you post, so make them good and others will benefit.
I think that one line summarises your viewpoint: Why not just state your facts and move on?

Facts are facts because they're facts, not because they're "my facts".

Again, it seems pretty obvious - a fact is a thing that is known or proved to be true.

Much information that is posted here is incorrect, and has been over a very long period.

I have this bizarre notion that it is better for people modifying their cars to be given correct information. Weird, huh?

Old 07-24-2021, 07:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
I have this bizarre notion that it is better for people modifying their cars to be given correct information. Weird, huh?
ecomodder.com/wiki/Main_Page

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
JacobLeSann (11-06-2021)
Closed Thread  Post New Thread