Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2014, 04:44 PM   #41 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hey metro mpg, I was just kidding around . All cars are only as good as the maintenance that was performed on them. I think by friend got a lemon because another of my friends had one and we couldn't kill it. We took it in the woods two tracking and those little tires got through and provided traction to get though a lot of mud. I really was teasing and trying to make someone laugh at our misfortunes with those cars. Like you said it doesn't matter what others say anyway, but I really meant no disrespect. Especially to someone like you that has paved the way for many other metros to realize there true potential.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #42 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,603 Posts
Don't worry about it. I can get a little defensive about my baby sometimes.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Old 01-29-2014, 04:59 PM   #43 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

We were building a swift gti? I can't remember the name ,and that car was really pretty fast. Yeah I understand if someone was ripped on my car, I would have something to say too. Plus its cool that you don't need a cherry picker to pull out the engine. I do love love love trackers, so tough and VERY hard to get stuck.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:29 PM   #44 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Mazda5 - '12 Mazda 5
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)

Big D - '11 Dodge Durango Crew
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by demidestructo View Post
Please I beg of you don't get a geo metro ,unless you like the snickers.My friend used to have 3 of those things ,the reason he got to three was .Something would go wrong it was cheaper to buy another car with a good part then it was to buy the part or close to it. Those things are junk the doors are tin can thin. I watched my friend get stuck in a snodrift going down the road,pathetic... His horn cover was a different color and we said it was the tear collector because of the shame in driving said geo. If you really hate life and want everyone to laugh at you,buy a geo aka sham-o,
Wow.

While a Geo Metro doesn't get the respect of a shiny new car, it does get respect in terms of reliability and gas mileage.

I don't hate my life and drove a Geo. People did laugh at me. I threw it back at them when I asked how much money they dumped into their BMW M's and their Land Rovers to get back and forth to work. It really shuts people up when they figure out how much money they waste.

The Metro is a great car. While it wasn't the car for me, I have a lot of respect for it.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:57 PM   #45 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Civic Type-DX - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 40.3 mpg (US)
I think it is whatever deals you find near you, be it a civic, echo, corrolla, metro, etc. For some reason Echo's are pricey around Colorado, just search Denver Craigslist for one cheaper than 2500.

In my opinion the Honda Civic is the best cheap starter car. From 88-00 the drivetrain is easily swappable, 92-00 even more so. Its is not hard to find a replacement engine or transmission for ridiculous cheap, and easy to figure out. Fantastic aftermarket, and when you have one that doesn't have any ricer mods it is sort of special lol. They come in hatchback, sedan, coupe, 2 seater (CRX and del sol), so many choices! Good resale for what they are as well, I have never lost money reselling a Honda or Acura.

Quote:
We were building a swift gti? I can't remember the name ,and that car was really pretty fast.
It's pretty obvious you have never been in a 'fast' car. Lol at trashing metro's because you have friends who cannot drive nor maintain their cars.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:37 PM   #46 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I meant fast for what it was. I have been in many a fast car and have had a few as well. Turbo e36,e55, ls1 swaped rx7 , It was quick in the woods were our xr4ti couldn't stop spinning out, we have fire trails were we race awd and rear wheel cars. I have a 1968 Gto also, its not fast but I know what fast is.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:06 PM   #47 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Civic Type-DX - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 40.3 mpg (US)
Quote:
I know what fast is.
ok Forrest

Old 01-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #48 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Another vote for the S class Saturns. Bought a 97 SW2 for my daughter a few years ago. I am very impressed with it. Best small domestic car of that vintage that I have driven. Another one to consider are early '00s Cavaliers. Dirt cheap, can get decent milage. The only thing you must remember about Saturns is that they all seem to have a taste for motor oil. Not a problem if you remember to check it every few fillups.

The foci, civics, corollas are excellent cars, but, not cheap unless totally thrashed.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:45 AM   #49 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
Quote:
We were building a swift gti?
The Swift GTi is really funny for some 1.3L econobox. Anyway, in case of blown engine, swapping one out of a Hayabusa would still keep some brand-identity

Quote:
I do love love love trackers, so tough and VERY hard to get stuck.
The Tracker is way more reliable than any newer compact soft-roader.

Reply  Post New Thread