Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2014, 03:26 AM   #41 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

That is good effort so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
Throttling without a load I mean.

The ghetto lawnmower was to see if it would run fine. It did so

I did a test with my truck. A very basic run just to see. Air fuel could have been better under demand. In town was just fine. 113.6 miles with 4.78 gallons, 23.75 mpg, 40% above rated mixed driving. ABA or not considering I've put maybe 10 hours labor into this I'd say it's worth my time to keep playing around.
Vapor does allow leaner combustible mixtures and can extend your fuel economy at low power cruise. However, the hot gas and air mix limits the mass of fuel and air into the engine at full power, so, disabling the vapor stream in some way would be needed.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-15-2014, 03:30 AM   #42 (permalink)
herp derp Apprentice

Saturn-sold - '99 saturn sc1
Team Saturn
90 day: 28.28 mpg (US)

Yukon - '03 GMC Yukon Denali
90 day: 13.74 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000mc View Post
Guess I must have misread things before, he got almost 5x the run time out of his lawn mower, guess there isn't any reason to discuss the merits of the most rudimentary vapor system. We have all the evidence anyone could need
Sorry, this was sarcasm, which does not translate well in text. The "evidence" was his claims, that we should all take at face value

I would have questioned his methodology, but I can't take a claim of 500% improvement seriously
Old 08-15-2014, 03:34 AM   #43 (permalink)
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
Vapor does allow leaner combustible mixtures and can extend your fuel economy at low power cruise. However, the hot gas and air mix limits the mass of fuel and air into the engine at full power, so, disabling the vapor stream in some way would be needed.
Air and fuel mixes are relative in that an air filter sets the maximum air into the engine.

Instead of being all air and adding gas for loads, vapor running would be more "all gas" and restricting air for loads. Either way
Old 08-15-2014, 03:38 AM   #44 (permalink)
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Air and fuel mixes are relative in that an air filter sets the maximum air into the engine.

Instead of being all air and adding gas for loads, vapor running would be more "all gas" and restricting air for loads. Either way
Except in this case the fuel is introduced from behind the throttle plate, so reducing air is easier then demanding more vapor, just like your air filter, the supply only needs to be enough for high demand, only fuel needed is drawn
Old 08-15-2014, 11:47 AM   #45 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,525 Times in 2,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000mc View Post
I would have questioned his methodology, but I can't take a claim of 500% improvement seriously
There is a serious problem when my lawn mower burns less or about the same amount of fuel while cutting grass as the modified one at no load.

After you discover diesel engines and turbochargers, all this vapor lean burn nonsense will seem kind of silly.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:46 PM   #46 (permalink)
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
There is a serious problem when my lawn mower burns less or about the same amount of fuel while cutting grass as the modified one at no load.

After you discover diesel engines and turbochargers, all this vapor lean burn nonsense will seem kind of silly.

Baaaaaa baaaaaaas go back to sleep to continue your American dream. it's just shocking how close minded and ignorant people areespecially considering they don't have any hands on experience but they seem to know everything
Old 08-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #47 (permalink)
Mad Scientist

is this how the expert members of this forum get ready for the day?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	92809.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	15550  
Old 08-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #48 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

This type of retort does not help your position.

Quote:
Baaaaaa baaaaaaas go back to sleep to continue your American dream. it's just shocking how close minded and ignorant people areespecially considering they don't have any hands on experience but they seem to know everything
Why don't you answer to his specifics? If you can't answer, simply say , "good question, I will have to find out".

If you are going to be an experimenter/inventor, you must have a thick skin and a level headed disposition with clarity of thought. Otherwise, you will come across as a child in play - which right now, you do.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #49 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Silly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post

I have practical experience with both advanced diesels and spark ignited engines and neither are "silly". And both can benefit from lean burn and vapor phase technology.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #50 (permalink)
Mad Scientist

Why don't you answer to his specifics? If you can't answer, simply say , "good question, I will have to find out".

If you are going to be an experimenter/inventor, you must have a thick skin and a level headed disposition with clarity of thought. Otherwise, you will come across as a child in play - which right now, you do.

You tool. There wasn't even a question.

Next.

Reply  Post New Thread