Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Black Bovine - '86 Toyota Supra N/A base
90 day: 16.86 mpg (US)

Grey Sandy - '03 Toyota Rav4 Sport Package
90 day: 21.3 mpg (US)

Panda - '03 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon GLS
90 day: 44.17 mpg (US)
WANTED: CIVIC HX, 5spd, near Northern California!

I'm looking for and ready to buy a decent, clean title, 5spd Civic HX, near Northern California (above the bay area).

For the right price I can travel to Oregon, Nevada, and Socal, just depends on the deal and whether the car can be held for me.

If you have something decent to offer please reply and PM me!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
I would also consider salvaged title as well. With the HX's getting so old, it will only take a tiny bump to get them salvaged out. As long as the previous owner has pictures of the damage, and records to prove it was fixed professionally, it should be fine.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
I would also consider salvaged title as well. With the HX's getting so old, it will only take a tiny bump to get them salvaged out. As long as the previous owner has pictures of the damage, and records to prove it was fixed professionally, it should be fine.
You have a point, I automatically dismissed most of them because of salvage titles but there are a LOT. What's a good price for a clean one, and a good price for a salvaged, but clean copy?

I had some issues with my car having hidden damage when I bought it, but a clean title, and I hated the thought of having another car that's been wrecked, in any way/shape/form. I was just sick of finding broken things.

Thanks for your help
Old 07-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

eco-crx - '90 honda crx hf
Team Honda
90 day: 56.89 mpg (US)
Click me.

First one on the list looks good.
$3600

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4566541140.html
The Following User Says Thank You to mbolton1990 For This Useful Post:
figit090 (07-15-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 10:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Quote:
Originally Posted by figit090 View Post
You have a point, I automatically dismissed most of them because of salvage titles but there are a LOT. What's a good price for a clean one, and a good price for a salvaged, but clean copy?

I had some issues with my car having hidden damage when I bought it, but a clean title, and I hated the thought of having another car that's been wrecked, in any way/shape/form. I was just sick of finding broken things.

Thanks for your help
I don't buy a car uses I take it for a 30 min test drive, consisting of a 25mph, 50mph and 75mph test. After the mistake I made buying the Corolla without doing said test, I will never make that mistake again. I also sit idle and run it for 5 mins around 4k RPM because if the car has any cooling problems that will bring them out.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbolton1990 View Post
Click me.

First one on the list looks good.
$3600

99 honda civic hx
I might call about that one, it's a bit more than I wanted to spend for a modified car but I wonder what "new engine" means to them.
I might have to wait to find one closer to me (further north) unless I can find a seller who is reliable and will hold it. Thanks for the link though I'll keep using that site to help me sift through cars. I may go to Washington with a friend so that could be a great opportunity to find a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
I don't buy a car uses I take it for a 30 min test drive, consisting of a 25mph, 50mph and 75mph test. After the mistake I made buying the Corolla without doing said test, I will never make that mistake again. I also sit idle and run it for 5 mins around 4k RPM because if the car has any cooling problems that will bring them out.
Good tips, my car ran fine but it had damage to the sheet metal under the rear seat (big wreck) and we missed a shoddy weld repair on the rear wishbone mount.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Well I've managed to find one within about an hour's drive but it's pricey at $4200 OBO/trade. Hopefully this means he's flexible if I offer him cash...we'll see.

It's got the 5spd, and around 137k miles, so 140k on the clock.
He said he's replaced the tires last year and both CV's were done two years ago, no damage or major repairs done.

I do see a slight oddness to the driver's side front fender but otherwise it looks clean. I'm waiting for more pictures hopefully.

I asked but it seems that the timing belt and water pump are original and thus would need replacing right?

I believe in efficiency with enjoyment. Trying to get economy without sacrificing comfort. It's working!
Old 07-20-2014, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

eco-crx - '90 honda crx hf
Team Honda
90 day: 56.89 mpg (US)
Wow if that has the original TB,it DEFINITELY needs replacing,if it snaps/jumps time bye-bye valves/cylinder-head and possibly even pistons...You can remove the inspection cover with just a 10mm and take a peek at it.That's a great reason to drop the price a little,see what a shop would charge,etc and - it from the asking price.I think $3500 is reasonable depending on how clean it is,it is hard finding low mileage HX's or any MPG Honda at all anymore!

Best of luck,
matt
Old 07-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbolton1990 View Post
Wow if that has the original TB,it DEFINITELY needs replacing,if it snaps/jumps time bye-bye valves/cylinder-head and possibly even pistons...You can remove the inspection cover with just a 10mm and take a peek at it.That's a great reason to drop the price a little,see what a shop would charge,etc and - it from the asking price.I think $3500 is reasonable depending on how clean it is,it is hard finding low mileage HX's or any MPG Honda at all anymore!

Best of luck,
matt
Thanks!
I was just told the original owner did the water pump and timing belt, so it sounds like I'm in luck. Still steep though. It is hard finding them but I do have a want ad up for the exact car (color even matches my ad although I'm not looking for that color) so I'm hoping he is exaggerating price because I'm looking for one and thinks there will be more demand...or that I'll bite.

He's got a mkIV supra and an eclipse so I'm hoping he's not short on cash, and will be reasonable on a car that's 17 years old...

I believe in efficiency with enjoyment. Trying to get economy without sacrificing comfort. It's working!
Old 07-20-2014, 06:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Quote:
Originally Posted by figit090 View Post
Thanks!
I was just told the original owner did the water pump and timing belt, so it sounds like I'm in luck. Still steep though. It is hard finding them but I do have a want ad up for the exact car (color even matches my ad although I'm not looking for that color) so I'm hoping he is exaggerating price because I'm looking for one and thinks there will be more demand...or that I'll bite.

He's got a mkIV supra and an eclipse so I'm hoping he's not short on cash, and will be reasonable on a car that's 17 years old...
Try to get him to 3,500, if not even 3,750 wouldn't be bad for that. Especially if he has proof when the timing belt was done. That's about a 400$ job right there.

Reply  Post New Thread