Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2021, 12:50 PM   #161 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post
Well, you can believe Aerohead on Ecomodder, or you can believe multiple, real aerodynamic experts who read the book, gave feedback on the book, and subsequently endorsed the book.

It takes someone with a gargantuan ego to think they know more than professional car company aerodynamacists, a professor of aerodynamics, an F1 aerodynamicist, etc. I certainly don't, that's for sure.
None of your argument alters the fact that, on one page of your book you write one thing, then later in the book you completely reverse yourself.
Thomas Wolf is used to argue against my thesis, when he's saying the same thing I am.
Professional car company aerodynamicists do not design cars. They're allowed a little latitude with the exterior of a vehicle, as long as the designer approves. As much as can be done with the underside is explored, as this doesn't impact the aesthetic of the silhouette.
And best I can surmise, none of your experts have ever been involved in low-drag aerodynamics. Porsche has never done any. Same for Jaguar. Land Rover has produced some of the most obscene vehicles to ever darken the highways of the Earth.
Formula-1. Wow! Some real eco cars there!
Perhaps you might shop for some low-drag aerodynamicists.
I give you real credit for much that you write, however, when it comes to what I would consider to be the most important tools for ecomodding, you completely drop the ball.
Low drag is the reason I went to college. It's been on my mind since October 1973.
I'll be happy to take on all of your experts if you can bring them over to the forum. A PhD doesn't necessarily equip an individual with any better fundamentals than can be had as an undergraduate or graduate.
Dr. James Hansen will tell you that your doctoral dissertation can be completely 'wrong', yet not stand in the way of the diploma.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-09-2021, 05:47 PM   #162 (permalink)
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
I'll be happy to take on all of your experts if you can bring them over to the forum.
That is such an amazing statement that it is rather sad.

I don't "take on" real experts in the field: I learn a lot from them.

As I said: It takes someone with a gargantuan ego to think they know more than professional car company aerodynamacists, a professor of aerodynamics, an F1 aerodynamicist, etc.

Obviously Aerohead thinks he does.

To be honest, I don't think I have previously ever had a discussion with someone who is as deluded as that.

The Following User Says Thank You to JulianEdgar For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 06:18 PM   #163 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
know more

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post
That is such an amazing statement that it is rather sad.

I don't "take on" real experts in the field: I learn a lot from them.

As I said: It takes someone with a gargantuan ego to think they know more than professional car company aerodynamacists, a professor of aerodynamics, an F1 aerodynamicist, etc.

Obviously Aerohead thinks he does.

To be honest, I don't think I have previously ever had a discussion with someone who is as deluded as that.
If they believe some of the things that you attribute to them, I'd be happy to engage them.
Ego isn't part of the equation. It will all come down to fluid mechanics, and I can't imagine that physics is any different in India, Germany, the UK, or San Diego, California.
I understand your situation. Perhaps pneumatic tires are also a great mystery. And there's no future having a technical discussion with you. That would be utter folly.
I invite your experts, because, from reading some of their communications, they appear to come from the same academic background as I, and understand multisyllable terminology. Gibberish.
'Professional' means that they're paid. And they answer to the likes of the Luc Donkerwolkes of the world.
Wolf Hucho will be the most interesting. He wrote his 2nd Edition expressly for people like me. Wasted on you.

Last edited by aerohead; 06-09-2021 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: add

Old 06-10-2021, 05:19 AM   #164 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I invite your experts, because, from reading some of their communications, they appear to come from the same academic background as I, and understand multisyllable terminology. Gibberish.
That's just like my saying to a professor of education - "Oh yes, I come from the same academic background as you," (because I have an undergraduate degree in education).

I honestly can't imagine any situation where I would even think that, let alone say it. Just mind-boggling ego and arrogance.

Quote:
Wolf Hucho will be the most interesting. He wrote his 2nd Edition expressly for people like me.
Er no, he didn't. Or at least, he didn't write it for people like you, based on what he told me.

If Aerohead writes it here, you can be fairly confident it is wrong in fact, implication or interpretation. Nearly every one of his posts - the exception is always surprising.

aerohead (06-11-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 12:49 PM   #165 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
He said he was going to take his T-100 to Bonneville and he did. He said he was going to take Baby Template to Darko and he did.

I verified this with my own two eyes,

Old 06-10-2021, 07:00 PM   #166 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
He said he was going to take his T-100 to Bonneville and he did. He said he was going to take Baby Template to Darko and he did.

I verified this with my own two eyes,
I largely meant, in the advice he gives.

I've given up trying to correct it - just better to assume it is wrong until proven otherwise.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:45 PM   #167 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Yeah, and that was my advise back at the start. It looks like your leaning on Vekke now.

The only person you don't antagonize is me. Is it because I never do anything?

Old 06-10-2021, 07:57 PM   #168 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Yeah, and that was my advise back at the start. It looks like your leaning on Vekke now.

The only person you don't antagonize is me. Is it because I never do anything?
Dunno mate. You've said some rubbish in your time here as well.

There, happy?!

Vekke is doing testing so bad that I am amazed that everyone isn't calling him out. Did you, for example, even look at how he is doing it?

So much for the history of people here at least trying to do accurate fuel economy testing.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:45 PM   #169 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Here's a example:
1) Nikola Tesla gets an idea for an Alternating Current power generation distribution network to compete against Edison's DC system.
2) The idea is a complete scientific abstraction. It's never been done before.
3) To actualize the concept will require millions of dollars, something Tesla doesn't have.
4) J.P. Morgan, smelling $ hundreds of millions in profits, underwrites the legal fees for U.S. and International Patents, to protect J.P. Morgan and Tesla against infringement.
5) The U.S. Patent Office grants the patent for the 'idea.'
6) Now protected against piracy of their intellectual property, J.P. Morgan opens his purse strings to, research, develop, construct, and commercialize the AC power industry.
It was all just an idea. Very few people on Earth could even grasp the concept of alternating current, let alone, drop a few million dollars to 'explore' the idea.
A contemporary example is Tesla's 'one-piece' automotive metal castings. A patented idea.
Interesting, I had the "idea" that the protagonist here is out to lunch on his double down stance on "ideas alone are worthless", and you present a list of "ideas alone" that actually evolved into rather remarkable accomplishments, and our protagonist sticks to his guns poo pooing ideas.

Makes you wonder why he even explores his own ideas to decide if they are even worthy, ie catch 22.

It appears the "worthiness" factor on ideas may really center on whether they are his or not, but that's just a idea I have.

The Following User Says Thank You to j-c-c For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-11-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 10:53 PM   #170 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-c-c View Post
It appears the "worthiness" factor on ideas may really center on whether they are his or not, but that's just a idea I have.

If I have an idea, and can I find no evidence for it, the idea was worthless. Pity, but there you are.

(In fact, you have made a great example. There is no evidence for the idea you had in that post, which indeed makes it worthless.)

(Aerohead's tortuous example was supposed to prove that the patent office in the US will patent ideas. But the patent office expressly states that they do not. Aerohead is, yet again, wrong.)

aerohead (06-11-2021)
Closed Thread  Post New Thread