Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2019, 09:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Reminds this episode :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
All I know is one time Pa and I were at the store looking for something to grill. I saw the succulent, expensive cuts then I spotted a far, far cheaper cut and could not tell the difference by looking at it. Turns out, couldn't tell the difference eating it either!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-25-2019, 09:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

I think gastronomy in USA could be defined as female :

Preferences for coarse and dangerous options, despite better elements available to choose. And only search for better elements after the dangerous ones nearly destroyed their lifes, despite previously knew all the hazard risk of the dangerous elements.

Ok, seriously speaking about school lunch : If school profits with lunch sales, the cheaper it's the greasy meat, since they sells more and they will profit more. But if school do not profit with lunch sales, like sold for less than the cost (plus workmanship), then the cheapest one is the lean burguer, since will sell less and generates less cost to buy the food to supply the school cafeteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Before I started junior high, the cafeteria switched to lean hamburger.

Sales dwindled.

They switched back to fatty meat and sales returned.

Which is cheaper?

Last edited by All Darc; 07-25-2019 at 09:22 PM..
Old 07-25-2019, 09:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
There was a King of Random where they cooked various qualities of steak well-done, because in theory if you did that to the meat you could not tell the difference anymore. They said they definitely could, but even more important than buying high-quality meat was not cooking it well-done.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
There's no sense in eating well done meat. Might as well eat what food eats at that point.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 07-26-2019, 10:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Not Doug

Why does everyone care how I eat my steak? If someone wants their steak cook rare, medium, well-done, or anywhere in-between, I cook their steak the way they want, but what difference does it make how I like mine?

Back when my ex was making payments on my Subaru (but not paying for insurance), I kept telling her to mail me payments, and she came over anyway. If I was not there she left it in my top drawer, which may sound fine, but I really did not want anyone in my room without permission.

Other people stole too much stuff from me when I was in the Army. When I came home from my father's funeral Dead Jordan had taken my parking spot and put a bunch of stuff that wasn't mine in my room, including the house vacuum.

Well, it wasn't his! It must be mine!

Just forget the other two roommates and the stuff that was there when we moved in!

Does anyone remember when I replaced the oil pan for a beautiful woman?

She may have been crazier than the women that I date. Our mutual friends told me it was their personal goal to put up with her better.

I periodically invited friends over for steak. I invited her for dinner for the night my ex said she was coming over (even though I told her not to), so I figured that I might as well have a beautiful woman over.

I did not care how she wanted her steak, I would have done my best to accommodate, but she went on such a rant about what a crime against humanity cooking steak well-done was I interrupted her and said "You have a great night. I am going to eat two steaks."

I never told her how I like my steak, she went on a tirade all on her own.

Anyway,

No Beyond Burrito: Chipotle’s CEO Says Faux Meat Is Too Processed
Old 07-26-2019, 11:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

I found a way to cut costs of meals on prisons even more.

They can make soy protein hamburgeurs using the cellulose agent (to bid it together), and potato protein (to make the exterior able to roast a bit), and using beef broth and powder garlic to give good taste to the soy. I found a study of a project to make similar burgers (but without potato protein and cellulose bind agent) to a school and the kids liked the final product.
Or perhaps also mix 50/50, like 50% ground beef and 50% soy texturized protein and potato protein (with beef broth and condiments).
If it's good for kids even in the simple for, why not for prisioners?

Last edited by All Darc; 07-26-2019 at 12:30 PM..
Old 07-26-2019, 12:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Not Doug

Yes, please experiment on prisoners. They never riot!
Old 07-26-2019, 12:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

If well done steak it's not logic, why americans name it like that "well done" ???
After all, "well done" it's also used to express positive things, like in a work finalization when a boss says : "Well done, great job."

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
There's no sense in eating well done meat. Might as well eat what food eats at that point.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

It will be safer than you test with your ex.

Prisoners are there to pay for what they done, and not for vacation. If the food have nutrients and acceptable flavor, it's good enough for them. What prisoners need is protection against worse (evil) prisoners, gang leader, rapist, corrupt wardens, and have medical assistance etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Yes, please experiment on prisoners. They never riot!

Last edited by All Darc; 07-26-2019 at 12:33 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (07-26-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 12:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

"In response, Beyond Meat CEO Ethan Brown invited Chipotle to visit its factory in Columbia, Missouri, and suggested that meat producers are worse.

“You can come to our facility anytime,” Brown said in an interview on Tuesday. “Don’t call me, just knock on the door. I invite you to do the same with all of Chipotle’s meat-processing facilities. They won’t let you, and if they did, you wouldn’t want to see it.”

“We are about transparency,” Brown added."

Have you stop to imagine why ground beef it's called "ground beef" ?

In old days the meat facilities put large meat and cow members to cut into smaller pieces, and many fraction pices went to the ground. They decided to make mony by sweep the ground to collect the meat little pieces, put ito on cans and sold to public.

Hot dogs are very much processed, more than Beyound products. Cows have more pesticide/agrotoxins than vegetables, since they eat a lot of vegetables treated with such agrotoxins and it tent to accumulate in their bodies. Plus many poisons they apply over the cow to prevent parasites.
It's often bacteria contamination onmeat. On Europe they allow 5% of the meat to have such bacteria that can lead to intoxication. On Brazil they allow up to 20%.

I understadn about too much salt and preservatives in processed food, but meat also can have it even in large meat pieces. Many real meat products on supermarket also have much salt and preservatives. Impossible burger it's better since the chief can make it like in the video I posted. Well, I supose they can mix the ingredients.

Last edited by All Darc; 07-26-2019 at 12:59 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread