EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories (https://ecomodder.com/forum/success-stories.html)
-   -   104% over epa (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/104-over-epa-13653.html)

bgd73 06-23-2010 03:29 AM

104% over epa

No big surprise.. I run an old carbed sube. they got nearly everything to document as 100% wrong as I have never seen again in any automobile.(I even had to make up critical engine torques as things went along)

So to see this in my posts.. don't even second guess it. (The car goes even farther than that...) with nothing but reality.

I have yet to do the full tank to empty in one run adventure... but that may lead from central maine to viriginia beach someplace. :thumbup:

This reading should go up again... I got a serious chore to do for a finale.

RobertSmalls 06-23-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgd73 (Post 180398)
... So to see this in my posts.. don't even second guess it. (The car goes even farther than that...) with nothing but reality.

I have yet to do the full tank to empty in one run adventure... but that may lead from central maine to viriginia beach someplace. :thumbup:

I do not doubt your inscrutable fuel logs, but it may be helpful to take a pencil with you to the gas station, write down gallons to three digits and miles to the tenth. Also, only add fuel if you're going to fill it. Do not trust gas gauges. Subaru gas gauges lie notoriously. I've seen mine 3/16th of a tank BELOW empty. Tell me, was I running on less than no fuel?

There are different realities. There's objective reality, where the BSFC impact of opening an EGR valve or the CdA of a roof rail is a measurable, knowable quantity. Then there's subjective reality, which is different for every individual. It's real, but it's not useful for making comparisons between different cars or recommendations about how to improve gas mileage.

Daox 06-23-2010 09:12 AM

Your fills are all incredibly small increments. Thats just about the most inaccurate way to calculate mileage.

brucey 06-23-2010 11:05 AM

My gas gauge is extremely inaccurate as well. The low fuel light comes on at just under 1/4 of a tank usually.

Frank Lee 06-23-2010 05:02 PM

The Sube really gets driven that little? :confused:

Looks like you do more welding on it than driving it...

5EFE 06-26-2010 04:45 AM

I found a Wagon KILLER - Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Note the text next to his username and keep that in mind

SVOboy 06-26-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5EFE (Post 180914)
I found a Wagon KILLER - Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Note the text next to his username and keep that in mind

Nice find.

Mustang Dave 06-26-2010 10:06 PM

For entertainment purposes only...

brucey 06-26-2010 10:16 PM

I'm also on USMB, but man, it doesn't seem like hes bad intentions or anything. I just don't understand what he's saying 75% of the time. The other 25% he seems to be in a world which doesn't follow the same physics as ours. Maine must be a strange place.

Interesting fellow. I'll miss his patented "3 mains boxer" rants.

SentraSE-R 06-27-2010 08:10 PM

He's probably cherry picking. I could get some great figures if my fuel log only counted partial tanks where I started at 6800' Truckee, CA and filled up at 4400' Reno, NV