EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   1975 Chev. Monza w Isuzu Diesel (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/1975-chev-monza-w-isuzu-diesel-19613.html)

larrybuck 11-27-2011 09:16 PM

1975 Chev. Monza w Isuzu Diesel

Monza fastback, 1st year of Monza not being a Corvair. Icy blue w black interior. Overall, averages a general look of about 7 out of 10.

Rust! The BIG word, especially for you eastern guys, is THE LACK OF!!!

Everybody talks about how you can watch Vegas/Monza's rust, but this is near virgin.

It has a surface scrape vertically about a foot or so; paint only, no dent running down the driver's door about even w the outside mirror.

The only actual dent I see on the car is a 2 x2" area low down right behind the right rear wheelwell. The wheelwell trim is dented only there as well.

It has factory turbine type wheels w good tires.

It has a C221 Isuzu 4 cyl, Diesel w manual 5 spd. This eng. was made from '69-'79. I haven't pinpointed it. It is a heavy duty unit generally used to run refrigerated semi trailers, and came stock in Jeeps in the Phillipines. It's near cousin, the C190 was found in later years LUV pickups.

One could probably show it at classic type shows, yet still get around 40 mpg. highway.

I am just learning how to post pictures. Am always having signal strength at home w wireless (usually only one bar unless sunny out, or I pack up in car, and drive down into towns where people take for granted their signal strength)

I will try to do pictures now; if it doesn't work now; I'd like to at least gauge what interest might be in this car.

I am 6 4" and fit the car well. I am only selling to help finance a self employment idea.

I would rather not sell otherwise.

There were a few factory Chevettes made if you didn't know!

[IMG]MVJ0918[/IMG]

larrybuck 11-27-2011 09:33 PM

Diesel ones I Meant. 2 hrs. spent at radio shack trying to learn posting pictures. Nothing but frustrating right now.

I have lots of closeup Monza pictures here on the computer, don't know how to transmit!!!

larrybuck 11-27-2011 09:46 PM

http://IMG114:o:o1http://forum.ecomodder.com/images/smilies/redface

.gif

HELP!!!

FXSTi 11-28-2011 01:06 AM

Larry,
Open a photobucket account. Upload your images there. Then mouse over the image in your photobucket album, there will be a dropdown menu. The bottom option will be IMG code, click in the box to the right of that. It should flash copied. Come on here, start a new post. Click your mouse on the text box to get a cursor blinking. Right click and select paste. A sting of code should appear. that will be your image. Then you can type whatever you want as commentary.

PM me if you need to be talked through any of these steps.

Hope this helps sorry bout the wall of text, it's bedtime,
Kirk

euromodder 11-28-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrybuck (Post 272102)
Diesel ones I Meant. 2 hrs. spent at radio shack trying to learn posting pictures. Nothing but frustrating right now.

Maybe this will help ?
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...der-18279.html

Posting them to an online photo-album, then post the link to that, might work as well.

jasonst 11-28-2011 03:19 PM

Another vote for Photobucket.com

Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Price?

slowmover 11-28-2011 09:09 PM

Yeah. A nice combo sounds like

I remember how much I hated the Monza after trying to change spark plugs and learned the FSM recommended loosening the motor mount and jacking the motor (V8-262 or some little weirdo). Time softens those feelings though.

War_Wagon 11-28-2011 09:13 PM

"I'd like to at least gauge what interest might be in this car."

I'd go stand in the passport office for 2 hours just so I could renew my passport so I could cross the border and drive down to see this in person. For whatever level of interest that counts for!

larrybuck 11-29-2011 02:03 AM

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...1/IMG_0615.jpg

larrybuck 11-29-2011 02:12 AM

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...1/IMG_0618.jpg

larrybuck 11-29-2011 02:36 AM

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...1/IMG_0630.jpg

Something finally worked! I feel like a monkey (untrained) in the space shuttle.

These are from photobucket, but took nearly an hr. each to upload.

Maybe, with better weather (signal) I can get those many shots to PB, and then to here!

My to friend's price would be $2000.00 Craig's list $2500. obo

I am willing to help deliver personally in many ways... My Suburban w rented tow dolly? Car alone w train fare plus expenses?

Thanks for everyone's help, and interest. This car (and springs) was factory w the 262 smallblock.

Will now work on Photo bucketing more pics. No question unanswered.

I tell all. Going on midnight. Need dinner. Took 4 hrs to succeed tonight!

larrybuck 11-30-2011 05:47 PM

[IMG]http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...1/IMG_1155.jpg[/IMG]

If you look closely to the right in this picture, you can see a line a previous owner set up to hookup w a portable "veggie fuel tank" that must have simply been placed in the hatchback cargo area.

I have found a live toggle switch on the dash, and have heard the hum of a remote fuel pump located in the rear of the car for that setup.

euromodder 11-30-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrybuck (Post 272286)
Will now work on Photo bucketing more pics.

Here's the album for those looking for bigger pics ;)

Pictures by larrybuck1 - Photobucket

larrybuck 11-30-2011 06:54 PM

Thank you for your help. The rear hatch area photo was moved from photobucket to here using Mozilla/firefox. The previous 3 pics when I used funky Explorer.

Apparently, a previous owner, was a CB fan. He has a mike mounted on the dash you see, and the mount for the external anntenna is seen on the driver's side quarterpanel. The anntenna itself is about 10 feet long, and simply hand screws into that receptical.

The day I bought, and drove the car home, it cracked me up; it's so long, it was trying to tangle tree branches while I was just trying to park it! I instantly removed it. Still have if interested. I just thought it looked ungainly on this size of a car, and hurt aero!

The dashpad, as you can see, is perfect. Only the driver's seat needs some attention; the other's are nice.

Note the underdash setup for the rear shocks. It has a receiver hitch on back, and also has a below dash electric brake setup.

The speedo works sporatically, odo shows 103,000 or 130,000, somewhere in there. ( older car w 5 digit setup, so I imagine one turnover. The car's condition certainly would identify w that mileage.

Also note after market tach keying in on the low rpms that this setup lives at.
If I remember correctly, I think it shows about 3,500 hrs. of usage.

It has a remote electric fan way up in the nose, instead of attached to the engine.

In the grille area, are snaps mounted (like a raincoat) to receive some kind of a grille block. ( in my mind, I could see maybe a plexi or lexan like sheet setup, sort of like the old style motorcycle face sheilds!)

Also, there are tiny holes drilled to suggest that someone had clear headlight covers on here to help the aero!
Note: During my 11 yrs. in western North Carolina; one day I saw a similar Monza with a highly customized front end that was very aero. These cars are still widely used in drag racing, and historic IMSA roadracing. Many fiberglass body parts are available which would make a custom front end much easier.

The glass is all good; the rear shot shows the filthy window because early on, I had a not perfect clean tarp on it. The sunroof leaked a little, I sealed it shut w RV type black peanut butter. It's supposed to stay somewhat flexible, so it could be taken off later. I was very careful not to get any on the paint.

It rains here alot, just wanted to protect the interior. As you can see, the headliner droops slightly by the sunroof. I show, and tell all. You people are my friend's.

That's probably enough text for now without questions to answer. I showed the rr wheelwell dent, and the driver's door paint scrape.
Larry out!

slowmover 12-01-2011 08:33 PM

This is a fun one to see. Reminds me a propane-converted V8-383 4V Chrysler I found in the boneyard around 1996. IMPCO regulator and all still underhood. Glovebox papers gave me the idea that the PO who converted it worked at the Bell Helicopter Plant outside Ft. Worth. A long commute, switch on/over to propane once on the big road, and just set the cruise control.

Hope that Monza finds a good home.

larrybuck 12-14-2011 08:19 PM

I told some people about my ad on here.
Coming here MIGHT spark some interest in mpg talk that otherwise would never dawn on them.

I remember the day I found ecomodder. I was just surfing around about car
stuff,and found it by accident!

larrybuck 02-10-2012 12:44 AM

Willing to drop my price to $1,200 if anybody is interested!

BackroadBomber 02-10-2012 03:34 AM

Man I wish you didn't live on the other side of the country!

parallax_ca 03-12-2012 01:27 PM

dsl monza

still for sale
location?
phone number?
best to email me at direct at parallax AT vianet.ca as not on the forum all the time
thx
gord

larrybuck 03-12-2012 09:56 PM

Done! Thanks for the interest.

larrybuck 04-05-2012 09:03 PM

Thanks for the interest. The car sold today, to a guy up in the Seattle area.

The bad news: he intends to revert it back to a gas V8.

The good news: He drives a mid 90's Geo Metro stick as his commuter car, and I
told/wrote down for him our location here, and what we do!

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 10-11-2012 10:06 PM

These light Isuzu engines were a very popular engine for swaps in Uruguay, and it's still not hard to find some American cars from the 50's to the 80's repowered with them. Sure gearing helps, and replacing those direct-drive 3-speed and 4-speed for the overdrive 5-speed originally bolted to the Isuzu is a good move on that matter.

drainoil 10-12-2012 07:01 PM

I'd really like to see one here. I know they are real but they seem to be somewhat of a unicorn as far as being installed in a runing driving daily driver here in the states.

Someone on here has to know of another one running around somehwere.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 10-12-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drainoil (Post 333715)
I know they are real but they seem to be somewhat of a unicorn as far as being installed in a runing driving daily driver here in the states.

Usually the average Joe thinks an engine with a lower horsepower rating is not practical for a daily-driver, but mmany other factors are involved. You might remember the older automatic transmissions used to be too heavy, then requiring a heavier engine to compensate factors like the slippy torque converters.