Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

97 Civic HX 162k 2nd Owner feeler

I have a 97 Civic HX 5spd with 162k miles. I am the 2nd owner and have documentation for nearly every service done to the car since new.

Initially I wanted to freshen up my civic instead of buying a new car, but have been thinking more about it and may decide to sell it if its worth it.

Just recently, within the last month I have:
1. Removed every interior body panel and cleaned them and painted them black. This includes the dash.
2. Installed new stereo (jvc 50x4 with remote and front usb).
3. Installed new pioneer 6x9 speakers in the rear deck lid.
4. Reupholstered the headliner in black faux suede.
5. Reupholstered the sun visors in black faux suede.
6. Installed new black carpet with mass backing.
7. Installed new black floor mats.
8. Installed new ac compressor, drier, evacuated and recharged the system.

I still need to tint the car, and finish the two door panels (im reupholstering the arm rests and painting the panels the same black). I also wanted to get the seats reupholstered at an upholstery shop. I will definitely get the doors and tint done within the next week but may not get the seats redone if I sell.

My goal was to do the interior and then facelift the body style to the newer 99 civic and I have already purchased the following:
1. Front left and right fenders (capa certified)
2. Front bumper
3. Rear bumper (mine has a crack in it so I figured I would replace it).
4. Front grill

I would still need to purchase a new hood and headlights to get all the panels needed for the conversion.

I would really like some help understanding what the car is worth in its present state. I do have some pictures up at my thread on the mods. I havent taken photos of everything..but its has some pics of the work I have done.

I tried to post my link but the forum said I had to have 5 posts..here is the link..just add the "http" on the front:

hondacivicforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=703606]Finally starting my mods - HondaCivicForum.com

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread