EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   1989 Honda Civic (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/1989-honda-civic-32313.html)

ThePrudentNinja 07-07-2015 12:52 AM

1989 Honda Civic

Not sure if there will be an interest here for this car but worth a shot (I would hate to see it end up in a scrap yard).

I have a grey 1989 Honda Civic LX. About 280,000 miles. Automatic transmission. Needs a good cleaning and some mechanical work. Willing to sell at a low price to someone who plans to fix it up and USE IT. It has a history and it would be a shame for it to be turned into soup cans.

Current condition:
* It is partially taken apart. A mechanic was supposed to replace the timing belt and water pump and adjust the valve lash. Instead he took some of it apart and never replaced anything. I took it back after two months of waiting. So it still needs the timing belt and water pump replaced. It still needs a valve lash adjustment.

* It needs a tune up.

* It needs tires and possibly brakes.

* It needs ball joints. Possibly just the lower ones.

* It's an automatic transmission. Unknown when the fluid was last changed but no signs of slippage last I drove it.

* One CV axle will eventually need replacing, the other is fairly new.

* The fuse holder for the fuel pump fuse is corroded and the fuel pump isn't getting any electricity it seems. The fuse is loose in the holder. This will have to be corrected but may be a cheap and easy fix.

* No radio.

* AC may work but is low on freon probably due to a slow leak. Compressor is not locked up but belt is detached.

* Burns oil (likely valve or valve gasket related).

* Whoever buys it will need to tow it off from central North Carolina.

The story behind it (that I'm aware of): About eight years or so ago my mother purchased the car. The previous owner was a mechanic and seemed to take decent care of the car. He drove it between Florida and North Carolina a lot (a lot of highway miles). My mother barely ever drove it and it sat a lot. She didn't take good care of it (she drove it easy but neglected routine maintenance). She eventually got another car and I got her old car. I was planning on fixing it up to drive it but then the Red Bean showed up. If I sell it as is right now I'll take any reasonable offer under the condition that the buyer plans to get the car back on the road. If I had to fix it up and get it back running, the cost of course will be higher.

No pictures yet due to camera issues. It's not pretty to look at right now, but some elbow grease should get it looking good.

MobilOne 07-07-2015 01:38 AM

The only difference between that car and soup cans is that soup cans serve a purpose.
LET IT GO!

ThePrudentNinja 07-07-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MobilOne (Post 485994)
The only difference between that car and soup cans is that soup cans serve a purpose.
LET IT GO!

Since I posted this I have considered other options. One being to part it out. I'm sure someone could make use of the engine and transmission at the least. Still a shame though.

AbramWagner 07-07-2015 01:57 PM

Put it for sale on craigslist for like 250