EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   1990 Isuzu LS Pick-up......LESS THAN 150 ORIGINAL MILES!!!!! TIME CAPSULE!!!!!! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/1990-isuzu-ls-pick-up-less-than-150-a-27683.html)

RCPlayland 12-04-2013 12:17 AM

1990 Isuzu LS Pick-up......LESS THAN 150 ORIGINAL MILES!!!!! TIME CAPSULE!!!!!!

1990 Isuzu LS Pick-up......LESS THAN 150 ORIGINAL MILES!!!!! TIME CAPSULE!!!!!!

Quote:

“This pick-up was donated by Subaru/Isuzu to the local high school auto shop in 1990 when new. For the next 23 years the truck sat in a garage. There is a total of less than 150 miles on this truck. The cloth/vinyl interior shows as new. There are a couple small dents in body and a few minor scratches. Pictures show overall outstanding condition of this preserved vehicle. The hardware on the undercarriage still looks new. I have a valid certificate of title for this vehicle issued by the State of Indiana in hand. The VIN#4S1CL11E7LH200089 is not recognized by Car Fax since it was not titled until October of this year. As the truck was never put on the road it was never titled. I could find no one at the school who recalled any real information about this truck other than it just seemed to have been parked there forever. I have taken this truck out and driven it about fifteen miles. It runs and drives out like new. This is a REAL DEAL on an absolute TIME CAPSULE!!!!!!”

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 12-04-2013 01:37 AM

I like these Isuzu trucks, there were many of them in Amazon when I lived there. Too bad I can't legally import it to my country so easily...

MetroMPG 12-04-2013 10:00 AM

That's incredible.

I suspect the school auctioned it off, and this guy picked it up to flip on eBay.

My Firefly was a similar "time capsule" find, except it was only parked for 7 years from new before I bought it.

user removed 12-04-2013 04:09 PM

My old VX sat in an insurance training center for 13 years when I got it in 2008 with 27,492 miles. Sold it at 62k. Everyone here was afraid of a salvage title so it went to a local buyer for $4k and she absolutely loved it. Sent me an email a year later asking for advice on maintenance. I did a valve adjustment just before she got the car and every valve was still in specs even after 62k miles without an adjustment.

regards
Mech

MetroMPG 12-04-2013 04:13 PM

Moral of the story: a super-low miles old car can be a great deal, even if the price is obviously far above what its contemporaries are going for.

user removed 12-04-2013 04:22 PM

True, but you can have too few miles over time with problems related to lack of use.
This truck will have hydraulic related problems due to time and lack of use, unless the systems were flushed and fluids replaced occasionally.

I consider the 3300 miles on my recent bike purchase, about 330 miles yearly to be a good minimum.

Check the rubber caps under the brake and clutch master cylinder reservoirs. You may find they have disintegrated. Brake fluid absorbs moisture and turns acidic if not replaced at least every few years.

regards
Mech

ShadeTreeMech 12-04-2013 04:40 PM

I had a 1993 Isuzu truck very similar to that, except it was less than 8 years old when I bought it. It had about 150k on the clock and appeared to run well. After it overheated and cracked the head I had nothing but issues. At one point it just decided it was going to be stupid and burn a hole in the piston. I went through 2 heads and 1 piston before the engine was working well. Then the rear main went out on the tranny, and it turned out to be related to an out of balance driveshaft I replaced used for $150. (Turns out that truck has 17 different driveshaft configurations!) It was running good finally but then the a/c went out on it. When I moved to a house on a dirt road it completely ate tires. I eventually went with 4 ply tires to keep reliable rubber on it. After that, it was alright, until my brother locked up the front tires on it and wrecked it into a ditch.

I spent hours under the hood and under the truck trying to keep it running. I learned a lot about repairing vehicles under that doggone thing. So I wasn't too upset when I lost it for good. I hope I only got a lemon, but I'm not sure. :-(