Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

1995 Civic VX l Milano Red l 97k miles l 2nd owner

I am putting my 1995 Honda Civic VX hatchback up for sale. I purchased this car from the original owner who was an older gentleman. The car holds a clean, California title. The VX model is special due to a number of reasons including but, not limited to, it's amazing MPG numbers, special VTEC-E motor, lightweight Enkei wheels, aluminum A/C and alternator brackets. The previous owner kept up with the maintenance and I have a bunch of records placed in an organized binder to show that. I even have the original title for the car that shows 3 miles. This car is 100% original minus the stereo and speakers being replaced. It still has the sticker on the front windshield from the dealership back in 1995! During my ownership, I took the liberty of replacing a plethora of parts on the car just to freshen up the car and make sure everything was in top shape. A list of parts that I replaced is depicted below:

NEW PARTS:
Clutch
Clutch master/slave cylinder
Alternator belt
Fuel filter
Valve cover gasket
Camshaft seal
Crankshaft seal
Spark plugs
Spark plug wires
Tires have less than 7,000 miles on them
Rear main seal
EGR valve
Water pump
Timing belt

Note: All these parts have less than 6,000 miles on them.

A few details about the car:

Exterior - original Milano Red tri-coat is still in great condition. The car could use a detail to bring back the full shine but, the paint looks very nice as is. The car does have small nicks and dents here and there being that it is a 1995 car. The tires are in great shape as well and have 80% tread left. The wheels are original to the car.

Engine - the engine and transmission have both only turned over 104,xxx miles. This is pretty low for a car from 1995 and especially a car built for commuting like the VX. The engine is in great shape and operates with no noises or hesitation. I drove the car from Los Angeles to Fresno and back with zero issues. I have never experienced any sort of problems with this engine.

Transmission - the transmission is in excellent condition and shifts very smoothly throughout all the gears. The car engages in all the gears and does not grind or pop out whatsoever. The long gearing makes for awesome mpg on the freeway.

Interior - the interior is 100% original minus the stereo and speakers as I previously mentioned. The carpet is in excellent condition although the floor mats could use some cleaning. The floor mats are also original to the car. The front driver's seat has some expected wear marks from getting in and out. The rest of the interior is in great shape. The only other issue is the cupholder being broken. (If you know 92-95 Civic hatchbacks you know these are always broken).

Miscellaneous -
The car is equipped with optional A/C. This definitely comes in handy during hot weather. The A/C blows ice cold and works great. Car is also equipped with alarm.

The only issue with this car is that the compressor bearing makes a whirring noise which I have discussed with my mechanic. The A/C functions perfectly and his advice was replace it when you can't stand the noise anymore. It has no effect on the A/C's functionability.

Make: Honda
Model: Civic VX
Year: 1995
Transmission: 5 speed manual
Engine: 1.5L VTEC-E
Title: Clean, CA
Asking price: $5,200 obo

Last edited by MilanoVX; 10-11-2013 at 04:17 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Price??
Old 05-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

$5,300 obo
Old 05-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I'm sorry if the ad is not perfect or seems sloppy. There is just way too much to describe in a ad (and I doubt everyone reads every word of the ad) i'd rather that potential buyers just come and check out the car in person. I have a binder full of maintenance records to show you as well as the original title and current title, etc. If I had to nit pick every single "problem" with this car...currently the passenger side mirror glass is broken (neighbor thought it's acceptable to break it because I parked in front of his house)...the whole mirror is there minus the glass, IAC valve is dirty (idle sits low sometimes), A/C tensioner bearing is making noise (when A/C is turned on the noise stops and I spoke to my mechanic and he said this is one of those problems more or less that just annoys you till you change it to keep yourself from going insane) and that's it. ALSO, the paint was unfortunately not looked after by the first owners and can definitely use a professional detail although I did a pass over it with some wax and it improved A LOT. So if you're not OCD about the paint a few weekends of detailing will definitely bring the shine back (it's already shiny just can be better). I just want to be honest.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Back up for sale.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Does it have the CA spec ECU or the Fed spec ECU? It makes a difference as to whether it is capable of lean burn. Seems like it's original purchase was in Cali, no?
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

It's a CA spec car. I know converting is possible I never bothered.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Still for sale...just hit 98,6xx miles.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Back up for sale.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Still for sale...

Reply  Post New Thread