Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

FS: 1998 Honda Civic CX 5sp 162k miles

Hi all,

Picked this one up from the second owner (she bought it from the dealer in 2004). Car is bone stock and been meticulously maintained at the dealership since new. I have a stack of service records about 3'' thick. I bought with intentions of turning into a hyper-miler but have lost interest.

This model weights about 2,300 lbs and has the taller transmission ratios from the HX. The EPA never tested this model/transmission so the actual mileage is higher than EPA spec. Good potential for mods if so inclined. I'd much rather see it go to someone here than some racer on Honda-Tech.

Body:

Small 2'' dent on rear fender, scuff marks on rear bumper as shown in the picture. Car has been garaged and the paint/clear coat are good, no fading/peeling or anything. Minor parking lot dings on driver door and passenger door. Considering age this is very clean - it is very hard to find a stock hatch that's not dented up/pimered etc.

Interior:

Nearly perfect, most of these the steering wheel is cracked but this one is perfect. Includes the cargo cover in the back. Also has a new CD player with ipod/aux inputs. The speakers are pretty tinny, I haven't looked at them but I'll bet they're from the factory.

Mechanical:

No issues, no leaks. Clutch is good, the transmission shifts good. No smoke and doesn't burn oil. No warning lights or check engine light, SRS works. Air conditioning is ice cold. This model has power steering also. Suspension, exhaust etc all stock.

It does make a ticking noise when cold for about 45 seconds, but only when you accelerate, it disappears when you take your foot off the gas. From what I've read this is an indication of a crack in the exhaust manifold, which isn't anything that gets worse or needs to get fixed. Again, it's a slight ticking and disappears within the first minute of driving.

Tires are good, looks like 80% tread left but I didn't measure accurately or anything.

Located in the Atlanta area. I might be traveling to TN and FL in the next couple of weeks so if someone wants to meet me there I can probably arrange.

Thanks and feel free to ask any questions. I'm sorry the pics aren't the best but I'll take more when I find some time.

Asking $3,200 OBO.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0374.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	14319   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0367.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	14320   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0372.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	14321   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0376.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	14322  
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-02-2014, 12:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Civic Hatch - '98 Honda Civic DX (Hatchback)
90 day: 34.37 mpg (US)
I am interested in this; I presume it is still available, yes?
Old 01-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Yes it is. PM me for phone/email contact info if you'd like. Where are you located?
Old 01-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Civic Hatch - '98 Honda Civic DX (Hatchback)
90 day: 34.37 mpg (US)
Ok, PM sent.

Reply  Post New Thread