Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2015, 01:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Electric Motorcycle for Sale - 1996 Honda CBR

A few years ago I started a build on an electric conversion of a 1996 Honda CBR. I stripped the bike to the frame and started from the frame up. I'm nearing the end of the project, but due to a deployment, divorce, and life not working out, I'm needing to sell the project. It's about 95% done.

Here are the parts and specs for the motorcycle:
Mars ME1003 DC motor ($600)
Alltrax 7245 controller (with programming cable) ($500)
9 Nissan Leaf battery modules for 75 nominal volts ($2000)
Delta-Q QuiQ-dci Charger WITH built-in DC/DC converter ($400)
72 tooth rear sprocket ($75)

As I said, it's about 99% done. I have a the motor mounted with a custom plate, I have the batteries mounted in a custom tray, I have the rear sprocket and chain adjusted to length. The only real things that need done to make it rideable are the batteries need wired to the charger, DC/DC converter, and controller. That's it. I have all of the wires, the fuses, the connectors. It's basically a kit. I just don't have the time or garage anymore.

You can follow the process of my build here:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ons-26261.html

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...eas-22512.html

With all the money put into the bike, I'd like to get at least $2000 out of it but will consider all offers. I'm in the Las Vegas area and I have a truck and ramps so I can deliver. I'm also willing to drive to the surrounding area (Los Angeles, Phoenix, etc...)

Here is an early video after I had the chain adjusted. I believe this is running on 48 volts.

Keep in mind I'm still stripping the paint on that ugly green gas tank. It'll be bare metal soon.

With the voltage of the battery pack and the gear sprocket ratio the bike is supposed to top out at 75 MPH. As far as range, with the Nissan leaf pack it's supposed to have a 50-60 mile range. However, since it hasn't been built and ridden yet I can't say for sure. But the parts were all chosen to fit these goals.

Last edited by TurnNBurn; 11-02-2015 at 12:05 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-30-2015, 11:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Civic DX (sold) - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 34.15 mpg (US)

GTO (sold) - '04 Pontiac GTO
90 day: 22.62 mpg (US)

Green Brick (sold) - '06 Ford Escape Hybrid
90 day: 31.93 mpg (US)
Have you considered posting it on Endless Sphere?

I'm not in a position to buy, but out of curiosity and to benefit others, what is the projected performance with this setup (acceleration, top speed, range)?

Looks like a good project for someone to finish, especially if they lack the mechanical skills to get to this point. Good luck selling it.

Camry Thread
E-Bike Thread
Old 11-02-2015, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskid3 View Post
Have you considered posting it on Endless Sphere?

I'm not in a position to buy, but out of curiosity and to benefit others, what is the projected performance with this setup (acceleration, top speed, range)?

Looks like a good project for someone to finish, especially if they lack the mechanical skills to get to this point. Good luck selling it.
I haven't posted there, but I probably should. I think I still have an account for that site.

Reply  Post New Thread