Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2008, 12:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Old Faithful - '93 Honda Civic DX
Hello From Nashville!

Hello everyone, my names Chris, 21 years old, and I go to school at Nashville Auto Diesel College here in Tennessee. I am an avid enthusiast of saving money via better fuel economy.

I own a 1993 Honda Civic DX Sedan that has 267,000 ish miles... Still running strong even after I blew the head gasket about a month ago. I was getting 39 to 40 MPG on the highway with a manual transmission, however after the head was removed, I took it to a head shop to have cleaned and make sure everything was in spec. For about 50 bucks for a cleaning and the like I gained 7 mpg highway with the same driving habits.

I believe on older vehicles with higher miles it is essential to clean cylinder heads and make sure things such as sludge buildup are not occurring. In my case I now pretty religiously get 46-48 MPG highway. I couldn't be happier... oh wait, yes I could. lol... I hope with techniques that I learn on here and various others that I will be able to be in the upper 50's without the use of other additives such as hydrogen. However, I am still learning about hydrogen and if anyone would like to help me grasp what all happens with hydrogen then I would be more than happy to listen!

I just would like to say hello to everyone and hopefully I will be able to set apart some time to talk to everyone on here and become a helpful contribution to the site.

Cheers!

-Cribbles

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-17-2008, 06:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Johnny Mullet Send a message via MSN to Johnny Mullet
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

GeoMetroforum.com - got mpg?
Reply  Post New Thread