EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Unicorn Corral (https://ecomodder.com/forum/unicorn-corral.html)
-   -   200 MPG Carburetor Talk (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/200-mpg-carburetor-talk-16472.html)

ChazInMT 03-16-2011 05:02 PM

200 MPG Carburetor Talk

200 MPG carburetors! Ha, I love this one. Particularly since they were invariably tested on some sorta 72 Buick 225 sporting a 455Cid engine. Can you imagine the inefficiencies alone in drivetrain and aerodynamics that this magic carburetor would have to make up for?

Isn't there a particular Fuel/Air ratio that must be maintained in order for combustion to take place? This never seems to be questioned.

Then there is the specific energy of the Gasoline itself that must be considered, I mean is there really enough chemical power in that gallon to transport a big ol thing 200 Miles? Of course if we converted the matter to energy, it could take that car to Jupiter and back.

And then, knowing what we do today, the ability to get 70-80Mpg out of even a finely tuned machine with many parts engineered for efficiency alone, it is very difficult to achieve. Yet somehow, this one carburetor alone in a normal car makes all the difference.

bandit86 03-16-2011 05:16 PM

Entirely possible. I you run a hybrid setup. I always wondered if gasoline heated to vapourisi g would work because that is he absolute finest mist possible

scrnic1 03-16-2011 05:24 PM

Ha, i had a teacher in high school claim to own such a thing. She claimed it was ford, and that ford had snuck a few out with out telling anyone. Had a long story about waiting in line during the gas crunch in the 70's, and getting yelled at by the attendant for being a "stupid woman" She waited in line after drving several hundred miles and only took just over a gallon of fuel. I doubted it as much then as i do now. Although...GM did try to kill the electric car, and succeded for a decade...

bandit86 03-16-2011 05:54 PM

I'm sorry, I thought you meant 200 meters per gallon

jakobnev 03-16-2011 06:12 PM

Just take any carburetor and mount it on a.. bicycle?

jason1973tl 03-16-2011 06:30 PM

I am afraid that the 200mpg carbs will join the dustbin of history in the quack section along with HHO devices made out of water filter containers.

MGB=MPG 03-16-2011 07:27 PM

The Fish

The 100 MPG Carburetor Myth
famous "200 mpg carburetor," a device supposedly built in 1935 by Charles Nelson Pogue of Winnipeg, Canada.

John R. Fish -- Carburetor -- Articles & US Patent

http://www.rexresearch.com/fishcarb/m3diag.gif

Fuel-Efficient-Vehicles.org » Super Carburetors

The Fish Carburetor

http://roaring-twenties.com/304e70dd0.jpg

Skinners Union

http://www.sucarb.co.uk/RadUploads/b...iples-img2.jpg

ChazInMT 03-16-2011 10:37 PM

:thumbup:Great post mpg!!!!:thumbup:

Ryland 03-16-2011 10:46 PM

I agree, current gasoline engines are around 25% efficient so to make even a 50mpg car get 200mpg you would have to have it be perfect and produce no heat and to prove the point a bit more you can pretty much pick apart each part of a car and say how much fuel that part is using, how much air drag each part causes, how much friction loss you have, so there really are not big unknowns as to why a vehicle uses the amount of fuel that it does.

fjasper 03-17-2011 12:19 AM

That last one looks suspiciously like an early constant velocity (CV) carb with a creative choke mechanism. Good stuff.

My wife's 89 Tercel had a CV (they called it variable venturi) carb in it, and got 55mpg when it was working right. Which almost never happened.

MGB=MPG 03-17-2011 01:33 AM

the fish

thank you

when any one mentions big mileage carbs i think of the Famous FISH .. i have heard of it all my life ...50 years more....

and did a little search and posted a few links,,

i do that

too true the last carb is not the fish but an SU [skinners union]

its what I run ..
on my machine
brand new

just a diagrammatic they up to date and in use
SU Carburetter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Technical Documents | SU - The SU Carburetter Company

i run a late edition SU HIF 44 .. some nice features in that carb , a bi-metallic senses fuel temp and adjusts,, .. some think the elegant analog hydrodynamics work as good [maybe ] as so so sophisticated computer driven fuel systems ... all analog . just works on the dynamic of the world not artificial reality of computer
metering fuel based on the reality of density altitude determined by hydrodynamics
a Plus Up to me is when the Big EMP [electro magnetic pulse ] comes along and scrambles all those new systems it still works..
run old points ignition too..
just a minor madness of mine i had a vision of the Shock Wave EMP washing down ..

it came in a dream .. it could happen tomorrow ..EMP fry all the computer stuff .. wave of energy inbound from a far star.. ..
http://www.sucarb.co.uk/RadUploads/SUCarb-imge-1.jpg

http://www.sucarb.co.uk/RadUploads/SUCarb-imge-5.jpg

im sorry but it is a constant reoccurring nightmare i have of this strong electro-magnetic wave .. arriving.....

Frank Lee 03-17-2011 06:29 AM

Readjust that tin foil hat. It will be alright.

JasonG 03-17-2011 06:44 AM

You will need to add a permanant magnet alternator to beat the EMP.
With a dead battery you will have no way to excite your alternator's field wiring.

Frank Lee 03-17-2011 06:03 PM

My '64 Spitfire originally had dual SUs. What a POS, and it should have gotten 50 mpg but was nowhere close.

UFO 03-17-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 226021)
My '64 Spitfire originally had dual SUs. What a POS, and it should have gotten 50 mpg but was nowhere close.

With 2 carbs, that theoretically should get 400mpg.

ChazInMT 03-17-2011 06:18 PM

Where do people in here learn to do math??? Walmart? When you have 2 carbs, you have to square the number then multiply. According to my calcs, that would be 4 x 200 = 800 mpg. (plus er minus) Wind velocity being a big factor.

IamIan 03-17-2011 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChazInMT (Post 225825)
Then there is the specific energy of the Gasoline itself that must be considered, I mean is there really enough chemical power in that gallon to transport a big ol thing 200 Miles?

1 Gallon ~36 kwh of chemical energy at the impossible 100% efficiency... no heat , sound ,vibrations, light from combustion, etc.... all 100% of the chemical energy goes to mechanical motion ... and there is no friction or losses of any kind to get that to the wheels.

To go 200 miles on that means no more than ~180 wh per mile... or ~5.55 miles per kwh.

If traveling no slower than 1 MPH that is a maximum of 180 Watts of power ... or about ~1/4 HP.

Traveling any faster than 1 MPH increases rolling resistance and aerodynamic drag... and reduces vehicle per mile efficiency.

The faster you travel your miles the more energy of your 180 wh per mile you could consume ... so if you averaged 2 mph you could consume as much as ~1/2 HP ... increasing linearly with speed ... while the aerodynamic losses increase exponentially with speed... you would have less than 50 HP to push you at speeds of 200 MPH.

If for a given vehicle we know the Aerodynamics profile ( Cd*A ) & Rolling resistance profile ( Cr*Weight) ... we can quantify the maximum speed ( under a given wind speed and slope conditions. )

We can make it easy for ourselves by using the donor vehicle spread sheet put together by the nice people at the diyelectriccar forum.

see attached file bellow.

A vehicle as light and aerodynamic as the Gen-1 Honda Insight operating at 100% efficiency 200 MPG ... would max out at about ~40 MPH with no slope and no head wind.

The largest energy consumer on the list ... the 1997-2005 Jeep Wrangler at 100% efficiency 200 MPG ... no head wind, and no slope ... would max out at about ~27 MPH.

Joenavy85 03-20-2011 09:42 AM

here's your 200+ MPG Carb, too bad the vehicle is an RC Boat that weighs around 2 pounds. though i have to say 200+ MPG at 65 MPH is pretty good.

TowerHobbies.com | 21882010 AquaCraft Carburetor Complete .18

chancy 06-18-2011 02:19 AM

200 mile carburetor exists

Greetings: This is my first post and I have noticed a bit of skeptism about the 200 mpg carburetor. I recently watched a movie called GasHole (2010) and I am a believer now. There has been many people saying that 200 mpg is impossible. BUT when Shell Oil does the experimenting and the writing of a book about it then I sit up and listen. Here is the link to the movie.....you'll have to be the judge yourselves of just how far one gallon of gas will actually take you.....
Seems to be alot of truth to this documentary.

Enjoy the documentary....

Watch GasHole (2010) Online | GasHole (2010) FilmIkZ | Online movies | Free Movies | Watch movies

I believe anything is possible if you can believe it. Don't believe all the nay sayers since they will always be disagreeing with everything.
regards,
Chancy

capnbass91 06-18-2011 07:17 PM

:confused: ...riiiight. Anything IS possible... in the realm of possiblity.

For the reasons stated above 200 mpg carb is impossible, unless the car is a 2 pound boat or the engine can obtain 100% efficiency and never hit freeway speeds.

Frank Lee 06-18-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chancy (Post 245754)
I believe anything is possible if you can believe it. Don't believe all the nay sayers since they will always be disagreeing with everything.
regards,
Chancy

Perhaps the Zoleco team has a spot for another dreamer? :p

chancy 06-19-2011 12:52 AM

Sound like I am the NEW Dreamer....hahahaha

One post and I am labelled the NEW Dreamer...hahahha
Just for the record I am PROUD to be a DREAMER and a REALIST :)
Nice way to welcome new blood into the blender of modern thinking.
My question is did you watch the documentary? For every NEW Dreamer I can find a 10,000 naysayers. Maybe that's why dreamers leap ahead of the naysayers because they can believe and then DO the so called impossible.
As the documentary goes it is possible without having to coast down the highways of the world. Only believers will reach the limits without having to carry a 2 lb. boat around....At least the Zoleco team is trying and not listening to ALL the NAYSAYERS that are the majority of any society.

Here's another website to look at since why invent the wheel again for all the NAYSAYERS when it has be so eloquently shown....

index

Regards,
Chancy

dcb 06-19-2011 08:40 AM

Welcome to ecomodder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyqLTdcMKig

IamIan 06-19-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chancy (Post 245924)
Maybe that's why dreamers leap ahead of the naysayers because they can believe and then DO the so called impossible.

Best of luck.

My only advise ...keep your objectivity about the evidence at hand.

In terms of a 200 MPG corroborator ... there are real world energy needs for aerodynamics , rolling resistance , friction , etc ... and there are real world limits to the amount of chemical energy per gallon of a particular fuel... like it or not.

We do still have more to learn ... absolutely ... but that doesn't mean science knows absolutely nothing either.

It is usually best to stand on the shoulders of giants ( as they say ) , learn from the others that have come before you ... if you are convinced a square wheel is better than a round one and just dismiss all the naysayers ... you will waste allot of time reproving what has already been proved before.

Regular Gasoline @ 200MPG @ 100% efficiency only has 180 wh/mile of energy to use to move a vehicle ... that is all it has ... the only way to get more energy per mile is to use a more energy dense fuel than regular gasoline ... that wh/mile energy limit puts a real world limit on the maximum amount of friction ( wind, rolling, etc. ) a vehicle can over come ... those are just some of the harsh realities ... and the highest peak efficiency I know of from a real world ICE is only about ~50% efficiency ... without more than 50% efficiency you only have 90wh/mile of energy to move with from regular gasoline @200MPG... like it or not.

Either way , best of luck ... but you will be more successful and make more progress if you remain objective with the evidence at hand.:thumbup:

chancy 06-19-2011 05:24 PM

It's Possible to get 200 mpg.

As I have already stated the naysayers would be out in droves to dispute claims of 200 mpg.
Did you watch the documentary?
Did you go to the website and delve into the discoveries already made?
IF all the naysayers did then they would have some work to do to prove the claims wrong and also all the patents.
Here's another one for all the naysayers........................
You will definitely enjoy this one since it has nothing to do with a 200 mpg carb BUT
it will show that DEFINITELY EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4zHB...layer_embedded

Regards,
Chancy

Joenavy85 06-19-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chancy (Post 246004)
As I have already stated the naysayers would be out in droves to dispute claims of 200 mpg.
Did you watch the documentary?
Did you go to the website and delve into the discoveries already made?

Who's documentary? Who's discoveries?

because everything that's in documentaries is true, right? (creation vs. evolution for example, but let's stear clear of that one)

most of the BS gas mileage stuff that's sold is "Backed by certified lab testing" - enough said

Quote:

IF all the naysayers did then they would have some work to do to prove the claims wrong and also all the patents.
Science proves it wrong all the time(several of the posts on this topic in particular mention the science), you're just blind to people telling you that you're wrong.

since you are so confident, how about you design one and prove that the actual amount of energy in a gallon of gas is more than scientists already proved long ago?

chancy 06-19-2011 07:06 PM

You're right the light bulb didn't come on......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joenavy85 (Post 246014)
Who's documentary? Who's discoveries?
because everything that's in documentaries is true, right? (creation vs. evolution for example, but let's stear clear of that one)
most of the BS gas mileage stuff that's sold is "Backed by certified lab testing" - enough said
Science proves it wrong all the time(several of the posts on this topic in particular mention the science), you're just blind to people telling you that you're wrong.
since you are so confident, how about you design one and prove that the actual amount of energy in a gallon of gas is more than scientists already proved long ago?

YES, I am very confident! That's why I turned the light bulb on here. ..Oh ya you never saw it....it's been going for 110 years BUT just wait a light bulb cannot possibly last more than a couple of years......this is what scientist have been telling us forever and one little tiny light bulb proved all the scientists WRONG!!
PS I can see that you want me to read all the posts in the thread which I have done and I can see that you have not watched the documentary since you would have known who produced it and documented the history since '39.
Since you never watched the documentary you NEVER SAW what was presented in plain english for anyone to learn from....you're right I am blind and can't see....that's why I turned on the light bulb for all the naysayers to brighten the room full of possibilities.....Now I know why they call the naysayers SHEEPLE. Stay asleep and miss all the exciting discoveries over the past 70 years.
OR look at the the evidence that I have posted of great science including the light bulb.....
Regards,
Chancy

Joenavy85 06-19-2011 07:25 PM

I could say so much here, but I choose to leave politics off of my posts. Well, since you are clearly "The Man", I bow down to your vast knowledge that is clearly superior to every chemical scientist from the past Century. You can't bend something's chemical properties to make your numbers higher or lower, plain and simple it's been shown time and time again that a gallon of gas has 33.41 kWh of energy, always has, always will, end of story.

Joenavy85 06-19-2011 07:26 PM

and as far as the bulb goes, I've seen the bulb itself, therefore had no need to watch the video

Frank Lee 06-19-2011 07:29 PM

It is possible to get 200 mpg and it is possible for a bulb to go 110 years. Science does say those are possible. You are trying to discredit science with fairy dust. You will not go very far that way.

Joenavy85 06-19-2011 07:41 PM

We'll wait here for 200 MPG drop in carb, with results, hopefully the coroner won't have our corpes removed before you get back.

Frank Lee 06-19-2011 07:53 PM

200 mpg on a Super Cub at 19 mph; 110 years bulb with a special filament bulb and special low voltage circuit... special conditions, yes. Average conditions, no.

Joenavy85 06-19-2011 07:56 PM

I bet if he took all the bogus devices in the corral and put them on his car he could probably make gas while driving it

Grant-53 06-19-2011 07:59 PM

I will be happy to sell my 200 mph carb and the engine that came with it. Come and get it for $150 after I take it to the Vetter fuel economy run in Ohio. If you stay for supper over the grill, I'll show you how to roast a marshmallow over a bed of coals with your bare fingers without burning youself. In all fairness, the carb is a Walbro on a 23cc
2-stroke bike engine. With a full fairing bike I would like to get 500 mpg at 30 mph doing pulse and glide. I trained as a mechanical engineer in the 1970s and work in a research facility now. The notion that anything is possible is a favorite of evolutionists. The simple truth is that to make something happen you only have to arrange the lawful conditions needed for it to happen. The bit about the marshmallows is true but most people are too impatient. God is VERY scientific.

dcb 06-19-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chancy (Post 246004)
...BUT
it will show that DEFINITELY EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE...

I have few options now, determining if you are certifiably insane or horribly confused, or horribly lazy or some combination of the above.

ANYTHING MAY be possible (including "anything may not be possible"), but even then it is an infinitely small number of things that accurately reflect reality. "Everything IS possible" is absolutely false, guaranteed self-contridiction there because it contains the possibility that everything is not possible.

Joenavy85 06-19-2011 09:16 PM

that's like the bit about pinochio saying "my nose will now grow"

chancy 06-19-2011 10:03 PM

200 mpg Carburetor EXISTS

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcb (Post 246035)
I have few options now, determining if you are certifiably insane or horribly confused, or horribly lazy or some combination of the above.
ANYTHING MAY be possible (including "anything may not be possible"), but even then it is an infinitely small number of things that accurately reflect reality. "Everything IS possible" is absolutely false, guaranteed self-contridiction there because it contains the possibility that everything is not possible.

Greetings: Yes, I am certifiably insane IF I was to believe that a 200 mpg carburetor didn't exist. I would also be 6 feet under after bringing it to the table. When 1 cent on gasoline brings in billions and billions of dollars if not trillions of dollars the person who displays this carb will have only one choice NOT to bring it to the table.
All you have to do is ask Tom Olge how it feels to accomplish the impossible. That's right he past away alot sooner than he should have since it was such a great invention never to be had by consumers.
One thing for sure none of you watched the documentary from what you are saying or looked at the website I posted...
I'm glad to hear that you actually looked at the impossible light bulb. It was meant to show everyone here that ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

PS The story you had on here about people in Canada getting amazing gas mileage on the cars being bought from the factories down east is TRUE. I just had a good talk with my Dad and Uncle whom are both close to 90. They personally confirmed our relative was one of those with a car with an amazing carb on it. The carb was taken by the manufacture from our relative because he was bragging so much about the carburetor's incredible gas mileage. He had it for a couple of months before it was taken.

I guess I am certifiably crazy because I believe my Dad and Uncle because they have NO REASON to LIE. I also know my relative from when I was a kid and he would NEVER LIE for any reason. When he said something it was TRUE. PERIOD.

At least the naysayers woke up for one day. I thought this was a forum to get results...not a forum to have it delivered onto their vehicles for them.
Interestingly enough my point was proven alot faster than I could even have wished for!
All the best to everyone in their pursuit of the 200 mpg carburetor that EXISTS.
Believe all the naysayers propaganda! It will serve everyone well for a great sleep......
Regards,
Chancy

Frank Lee 06-19-2011 10:05 PM

Get some results then, otherwise I'm done with this.

Joenavy85 06-19-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

That's right he past away alot sooner than he should have since it was such a great invention never to be had by consumers.
I'm starting to think this is a joke and he wants to see how long we'll think he's serious.

I doubt that this guy was like Van Gogh and collapsed under his own genius.

dcb 06-19-2011 10:53 PM

I feel bad for Canada.