EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   General Efficiency Discussion (https://ecomodder.com/forum/general-efficiency-discussion.html)
-   -   2010: Sentra 2.0S or SE-R ? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/2010-sentra-2-0s-se-r-13202.html)

darkmaxx1 05-11-2010 10:05 AM

2010: Sentra 2.0S or SE-R ?

Hello!

I've posted a topic a few months ago and now it's moving foward :thumbup:
I'm thinking to buy a Sentra 2.0S or SE-R.

The SE-R comes with all the packages (8 speakers, GPS, camera reverse,etc.)
Which cost 3,300$ CDN more than 2.0S (50$ + / month)

The dealer didn't have the SE-R, so I couldn't test it, but I was impressed by the Sentra by it's ride quality and lower rpms while cruising.
I'm asking you, guys, if it's worth 3,300$ to have a full-equip SE-R vs a normal Sentra?

There's the + for SE-R:

- Bigger motor
- CVT with paddles
- Sporty springs
- GPS
- Camera behind while reversing
- Radio Satellite XM
- Sporty seats
- Leathered Steering Wheel
- Four wheel disk brakes
- Anti-Fog lights

Yesterday, the Sentra filled my driving needs for roads and city. But I would like to have a SE-R for a better overtaking on roads and highways, and hills.
I don't know if the normal Sentra is enough to overtake easily.

Here, we have more roads than highways. While there's a straight road, sometimes the yellow line goes to slashes, so you can overtake. but the road has 2-directions, so the faster overtake you do, the safer is.

Lowering the MPG for more performance isn't a big thing for me. :rolleyes:

Waiting your answers guys.

RobertSmalls 05-11-2010 10:46 AM

You should *always* choose the base model engine. All new cars on the market in America are overpowered. Some people don't realize you can use full throttle and redline to squeeze more power out of a tiny engine. Try it with the 2.0L. I know my 1.0L Honda scoots right along when I ask it to, even without the electric assist.

Advantages of a smaller, more economical engine include more room for your (or your mechanic's) hands in the engine bay, saving you frustration or money. Parts will be cheaper; the engine, exhaust, and tranny will be lighter. Chances are, the fuel:air map will be more economical, the tranny will be geared for fuel economy, and the suspension will be more civilized. In this case, the 2.0L has a 10% EPA fuel economy advantage versus the 2.5L, and you can still get the six-speed manual in either one.

If you want the toys, take 10% of the $3300 you saved down to the auto parts store and buy a GPS+camera unit, and a pair of fog lamps.

darkmaxx1 06-21-2010 01:31 PM

Just to follow, I chose the SE-R.

This week-end, I've tested it's fuel economy.
I drove 109 miles and it took 2.45 US gallons. ( 44 MPG)
(Filled up before and after the trip at the same gaz nozzle, stopped at the first "twonk")

My altima did the same trip @ 3.25 US gallons. (33.66 MPG)

bhazard 06-21-2010 02:24 PM

2.45 gal isnt a very accurate way to measure mpg... you have to go at least half a tank.